home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-22-2014, 08:07 PM   #1
OttawaWendy
DVC Board Guide

Default OttawaFamily "Truck Truck!!" November 2013 Trip Report

Hello all,

I am finally getting around to doing a Trip Report for our November, 2013 trip, which was 13 nights in an AKV Value Size one bedroom (booked at 7 months with cheap SSR resale points!)

Along on this trip will be OttawaMum who was about 3 months pregnant, OttawaWendy, and the star of the show, OttawaBoy, who was 2.5 during the trip.

OttawaBoy's birth announcement and hospital support thread - good to read if you need a cry
OttawaWendy's views on "buy where you want to stay" versus "buy where it's cheapest"
Previous trip reports:
December 2009 - AKV and SSR; March 2010 - HHI; December 2010 - Kidani; January 2013 - Boardwalk Villa (OB = 19 months); November 2013 - AKL (OB = 31 months)
OttawaWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:16 PM   #2
MinnieMomofOne
Add-on Aficionado

looking forward to reading this!

Quick Links:
Amy's Disney books: Camping Disney and A Year of Disney. Both books were inspired by my Mouseowners Trip Reports. For more on the books plus blog posts, photos and videos, check out my new blog: ThemeParkBooks.
MinnieMomofOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:21 PM   #3
OttawaWendy
DVC Board Guide

Default Sunday, November 10 and Monday, November 11

We arrived quite late on November 10. We used WestJet because they offered a direct flight and Air Canada did not. We were a little worried because we had never flown with them before. Those of you familiar with earlier OttawaFamily sagas may remember that OB sleeps on an angled mattress (he's now graduated from the velcro thing that used to hold him still to a special mattress called a comfy lift bed). This is medically necessary and must be gate checked, and has been previously lost. Anyway, no problems this time.

We took Magical Express and had no problems. We were late enough that AKV was the 5th stop and we had to wait a long time before we left. I wish the deluxe resort were not the 5th stop.

The next day was a quiet one. We ate at Mara for breakfast.

OM went to Downtown Disney and picked up our one day car rental. She went to Target and the Publix closest to AKL. She didn't like that Publix and preferred one we had gone to that was maybe 15 minutes NE of DTD and had more options. But in general, she got all our food for 2 weeks (knowing we could supplement some basics from the store) and was able to deal with our food issues. I think this is the best choice for us as a strategy versus using WeGoShop or Garden Grocer.

While she was shopping, OB and I went to the pool and had fun. Sorry, no pictures.

Here are some friends from outside our room (yes, we scored a savannah view):

While watching all the animals, which we thought we the stars of the show, an animal care truck came across the savannah and OttawaBoy very excitedly shouted "Truck!! Truck!!". This was the thing worth spotting for a small boy. It's good to see the world through the excitement of small children.

OttawaBoy's birth announcement and hospital support thread - good to read if you need a cry
OttawaWendy's views on "buy where you want to stay" versus "buy where it's cheapest"
Previous trip reports:
December 2009 - AKV and SSR; March 2010 - HHI; December 2010 - Kidani; January 2013 - Boardwalk Villa (OB = 19 months); November 2013 - AKL (OB = 31 months)
Old 04-22-2014, 08:23 PM   #4
pacman
Grand Villa

Can't wait.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:05 PM   #6
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

5 months isn't much of a delay at all...

Off to a great start, Wendy! Looking forward to much more. Thanks for taking the time.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:13 PM   #7
mrs.mickey
Two Bedroom

Looking forward to reading! Three months pregnant in Disney?

DD DS

Members at AKV Since 2008 and SSR since 2013
mrs.mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:24 PM   #8
Kismet
One Bedroom

I thought you had mentioned a fall trip - thank you for posting a TR. I love to watch OB grow up. Looking forward to new Obaby - praying for healthy
Kismet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:14 PM   #9
Grandbuddy
Grand Villa

Yea!
Old 04-22-2014, 10:38 PM   #10
OttawaWendy
DVC Board Guide

Default November 12

We were off to Magic Kingdom today.

We started riding the Tomorrowland Speedway:

OB enjoyed driving but then he couldn't drive and didn't like when it bumped into the rail so I got to do the gas and the steering.

Then we went to the Dumbo playground and then Dumbo. (OM doesn't like her picture to be on the internet so I do weird things to her).

Then riding the Carousel, including petting the horse:

And then Winnie-the-Pooh. On his first one or two rides through a dark ride, where he didn't know what was coming, OB would cover his eyes but look. This gave him the measure of control he needed to feel confident, I guess:

Then we went to its a small world (same technique):

We probably did more, but if there are no photos of it, I have forgotten by now. Maybe OttawaMum will swing by and add details as she remembers things like that better than I do. Anyway, home to look at the animals and eat a good dinner (lunch was brought to the park).

Previous trip reports: