home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-14-2014, 10:04 AM   #1
sherryberry
Grand Villa

Default On the Road Again!: trip report

We're back on the road, headed to Disneyworld! We got packed for the most part on Sunday, and finished up early this morning. We hit the road at 2:00, this morning.

This trip just includes Kenneth, Buzz, Dakota, and me. We originally planned to camp in our tent at Fort Wilderness, but had trouble getting the entire week booked there. We ended up getting a one-bedroom at Saratoga Springs - a far cry from sleeping in a tent! It's going to be pretty cool this week - we were prepared for cold-weather camping, too. We had purchased a propane heater, electric mattress pad, electric blanket - none of which we'll need this trip. But, now we're ready to start planning earlier, for next January.

Our good friend, Danita (she went with us in August), is headed down today also. She is traveling with her sister and niece. Even though we're not traveling together, we plan to get together a couple of times this week (we actually added Danita to our reservation, so she can come and go at Saratoga Springs). Tonight, we'll go to dinner at Earl of Sandwich together, and her group will be at Magic Kingdom on Friday (the day that we're going). Kenneth and I weren't planning to go to any parks this time around (our annual passes expired in September), but my sister, Christy, surprised us with two-day passes on Christmas Day. We've decided to go to Epcot on Thursday and Magic Kingdom on Friday. Tomorrow, we are heading over to Tampa to go to an RV show.

Our MagicBands are supposed to be waiting for us at Saratoga Springs (I think we customized them too late to have them sent to our house). We have our fastpass + times picked out already for both of our park days. Oh, and you know that flash drive they send you, to plan for your trip? They're great for loading music onto, for the ride down to Disney.

sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:15 AM   #2
Fmer55
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryberry View Post
We're back on the road, headed to Disneyworld! We got packed for the most part on Sunday, and finished up early this morning. We hit the road at 2:00, this morning.

This trip just includes Kenneth, Buzz, Dakota, and me. We originally planned to camp in our tent at Fort Wilderness, but had trouble getting the entire week booked there. We ended up getting a one-bedroom at Saratoga Springs - a far cry from sleeping in a tent! It's going to be pretty cool this week - we were prepared for cold-weather camping, too. We had purchased a propane heater, electric mattress pad, electric blanket - none of which we'll need this trip. But, now we're ready to start planning earlier, for next January.

Our good friend, Danita (she went with us in August), is headed down today also. She is traveling with her sister and niece. Even though we're not traveling together, we plan to get together a couple of times this week (we actually added Danita to our reservation, so she can come and go at Saratoga Springs). Tonight, we'll go to dinner at Earl of Sandwich together, and her group will be at Magic Kingdom on Friday (the day that we're going). Kenneth and I weren't planning to go to any parks this time around (our annual passes expired in September), but my sister, Christy, surprised us with two-day passes on Christmas Day. We've decided to go to Epcot on Thursday and Magic Kingdom on Friday. Tomorrow, we are heading over to Tampa to go to an RV show.

Our MagicBands are supposed to be waiting for us at Saratoga Springs (I think we customized them too late to have them sent to our house). We have our fastpass + times picked out already for both of our park days. Oh, and you know that flash drive they send you, to plan for your trip? They're great for loading music onto, for the ride down to Disney.

A sherryberry tip, always a good time

Sweet playlist

DH, me(Mike)MOD136, DW DD11DD8
Fmer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:28 AM   #3
sherryberry
Grand Villa

Yikes! Anyone know how to change the upload size of pictures, on the photobucket app, on the iPhone?
Old 01-14-2014, 10:29 AM   #4
Minniesota
Grand Villa

I'm in! I love that flash drive... I haven't received one yet, but maybe for our Halloween trip this year.

Safe travels!
Minniesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:30 AM   #5
sherryberry
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmer55 View Post
a sherryberry tip, always a good time

Sweet playlist
Old 01-14-2014, 10:34 AM   #6
sherryberry
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniesota View Post
I'm in! I love that flash drive... I haven't received one yet, but maybe for our Halloween trip this year.

Safe travels!
We received three of them! We had two days booked at the campground (which we ended up canceling) and got one for that ressie. And, for some reason, we got two for the Saratoga Springs reservation.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:35 AM   #7
Yogi3323
Add-on Aficionado

Location: to Quote Bruce .. "somewhere in the swamps of Jersey"

nice use of the flash drive!

Safe travels and have fun
Old 01-14-2014, 11:13 AM   #8
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Have a safe drive down, and a great trip!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:28 AM   #9
Quellman
Grand Villa

I love how it started out with.... We weren't planning on doing any parks this time... and finishes with... we got 2 day passes for Christmas!
2002 DLHotel, 2010 SSR, 2011 SSR, 2012 DCL Magic, DLParis, BLT, 2013 VB, 2014 DCl Fantasy, BLT 2015 POP, BLT 2016 DCL Dream B2B, BLT 2017 PVB, DCL Fantasy(B2B), YC, BLT 2018 DCL Dream, POFQ, BLT
Quellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:04 PM   #10
wonderfulshana
Studio

Can't wait to read about your trip!

Proud Owner of the Magic At:
wonderfulshana is offline   Reply With Quote