home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-09-2013, 07:08 AM   #1
sherryberry
Grand Villa

Default Will We Survive?: trip report

Who: Sherry (me), Kenneth, Jaime (my sister), Buzz, and Dakota

When: October 9 - October 13

Where: Pop Century and Best Friends Pet Resort

It's us again! This trip will not involve Disney parks. We will be going to Universal Studios, including one night of the Halloween Horror Nights event. You might be wondering why we're staying at Pop, if we're not doing Disney. One reason is because Buzz and Dakota will be boarding at Best Friends - we want to be close, to visit with them. Another reason is because we enjoy being on Disney property. There are several places on property that we want to eat at. We were too late to book a room using points, and there was a fall special to get into Pop Century pretty cheap - so, we took it! The downside will be the sleeping situation. I read that there are two double beds in the rooms. Kenneth and I are used to sleeping in a king bed at home. Considering that the pups sleep with us at home, and try to push us out of bed, maybe we normally get about as much room as a double anyways.

We hit the road at about 4:00 this morning, to avoid rush hour traffic heading towards Atlanta. We stopped at Krispy Kreme for doughnuts and McDonalds for coffee.

So, the question is: Will we survive the horrors at Universal? And will we survive four nights at Pop Century? Stay tuned to find out!
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:06 AM   #2
twogirls
Two Bedroom

I like to mix the Universal Studios and Disney but I'm not sure I could stay at Disney and only do Universal parks. I think I would have to drop in to the MK at least half a day if I was there.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:13 AM   #3
NonnyMouse
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogirls View Post
I like to mix the Universal Studios and Disney but I'm not sure I could stay at Disney and only do Universal parks. I think I would have to drop in to the MK at least half a day if I was there.

Maybe even two half days!

NonnyMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #4
Meaghanqt
Grand Villa

Oh I'm looking forward to hearing about Universal Horror nights. I feel blasphemes about speaking out against Tim Hortons being Canadian and all, but McDonalds has really good coffee.
Meaghanqt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:41 AM   #5
sherryberry
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogirls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonnyMouse View Post

Maybe even two half days!
Our annual pass for Disney expired in September, but our Universal pass is still good. It's okay, though - we got four trips out of our Disney pass! We just got back from Disney about a month ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaghanqt View Post
Oh I'm looking forward to hearing about Universal Horror nights. I feel blasphemes about speaking out against Tim Hortons being Canadian and all, but McDonalds has really good coffee.
Their coffee is pretty good - I got the pumpkin spice latte. I think I would have preferred a mocha, after tasting the pumpkin.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:13 AM   #6
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Safe travels!! Have fun!

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
DVC trip(s): Aug 27-31 HHI / Sept 27-Oct 6 BWV&SSR / Dec 19-21 AKV GV & Dec 21-28 Vistana / June 4-10, 2020 HHI
Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam & Sept 4, 2021 NCL Pride of America
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #7
sherryberry
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
Safe travels!! Have fun!
Thanks!
Old 10-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #8
sherryberry
Grand Villa

Here's how the pups handle the long ride to Florida:

Old 10-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #9
Mari23
Two Bedroom

Sheery and family are back with more fun. I love reading your TRs. Hope you ave a safe trip down and have a great Disney / US trip. Looking forward to it.

Trip Reports: 2013 Oct-Nov Trip Report

Visits to the World:

Oct 2016: SSR (Hurrican Matthew) ~~ Feb-March 2015: AoA Nemo ~~ April-May 2014: POFQ ~~ Oct-Nov 2013 - AoA:LK Suite ~~April 2013: Pop ~~ Oct 2012: CSR - "A much needed trip" ~~ Dec 2011: POFQ - "Mickey Boot Camp" (Per DH) ~~June 2008: Pop ~~ July 2004: AS-S ~~Aug 2002: AS-S ~~ Summer 1999: Disney's College Program (MK outdoor foods) ~~Aug 1994: (1st Trip to the world) - HoJo Inn
Mari23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #10
DaveO & LizO
One Bedroom

I am soooo signing up for this TR!!

Have a safe trip!