home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-26-2013, 05:37 AM   #1
sherryberry
Grand Villa

Default Back to Beach Club trip report

Who: Sherryberry (that's me!), Beerfan (Kenneth), Christy (my sister), Danita (friend, who's really like family to us - she came with us last September), Joey (Danita's husband), Buzz and Dakota (the pups)

When: August 26 - September 3

Where: Kenneth and I will be at the Beach Club, in a studio.....Christy, Danita, and Joey will be at Bonnett Creek, in a two-bedroom....Buzz and Dakota will be at Best Friends

Here we go! If you read my last trip report, you might remember that Kenneth and I camped at Fort Wilderness in a tent. This time, we are staying at the Beach Club (yay! to having our own toilet and shower). We're pretty excited about staying here - it's been a while since we were here, and we just love that area (and the Beach Club is one of our home resorts).

After working all weekend, we got home Sunday evening and started packing and Kenneth did some yard work (so we don't come home to a jungle). We ended up not getting to bed until about 11:00. We had all agreed to meet at 3:30 am, at Krispy Kreme, and try to be on the road by 4:00. So, Kenneth and I set the alarm for 2:00 am, got up and finished packing and got the car loaded, and pulled into the Krispy Kreme parking lot by about 3:40. After getting coffees and some donuts, we were able to hit the road by 4:00, in our three-car motorcade.

Kenneth predicted that I would be sound asleep by the time we hit the Suwannee exit (three exits from where we live!), but I'm still going! Thanks Krispy Kreme coffee:

sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:07 AM   #2
Minniesota
Grand Villa

Sounds like it's going to be a great trip! I'm looking forward to the rest of your report.
Minniesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:52 AM   #3
cvjw
Grand Villa

Following along. I love the early morning drives to Disney - even the hundreds of miles on 75 south (we are also in the metro Atlanta area)! We are lucky to get on the road by 5:30 - 4:00 is so ambitious.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:48 AM   #4
Mari23
Two Bedroom

Following along and looking forward to the rest. Hope you all enjoy your trip, even Buzz and Dakota!

Trip Reports: 2013 Oct-Nov Trip Report

Visits to the World:

Oct 2016: SSR (Hurrican Matthew) ~~ Feb-March 2015: AoA Nemo ~~ April-May 2014: POFQ ~~ Oct-Nov 2013 - AoA:LK Suite ~~April 2013: Pop ~~ Oct 2012: CSR - "A much needed trip" ~~ Dec 2011: POFQ - "Mickey Boot Camp" (Per DH) ~~June 2008: Pop ~~ July 2004: AS-S ~~Aug 2002: AS-S ~~ Summer 1999: Disney's College Program (MK outdoor foods) ~~Aug 1994: (1st Trip to the world) - HoJo Inn
Mari23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:02 AM   #5
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Safe travels! Can't wait to read more...thanks for sharing!!

Owners since 2006 at OKW, HHI, BWV & CCV
LAURA's next trip(s):
2019- Jan 4-12 RCCL Grandeur OTS, Jan 18-21 HHI, March 2-9 AKV/BLT and May 25-28 HHI
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #6
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Have a great trip! Looking forward to hearing all about it, as always.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:36 AM   #7
wonderfulshana
Studio

Sounds like you are off to a great start! I hope that you have a great time and I am really looking forward to updates!!!

Proud Owner of the Magic At:
wonderfulshana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:50 AM   #8
SnowWhite4
Grand Villa

Have a wonderful time, so looking forward to another great TR. Love that the pups also get a vacation!
Old 08-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #9
Debbie in Seattle
Two Bedroom

Have a great trip!

Posted with my IPad 2
Debbie in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:08 PM   #10
DaveO & LizO
One Bedroom

LOVED your TR for the Fort Wilderness adventure! Soooo looking forward to this one - count me in!