home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #1
FrankPhillips
Grand Villa

Default Final Post: Phillips Girls-Only BLT Trip Report!

Even though I could not participate in this trip, I want to post a Photo Trip Report, as is my typical style. While DS17 and I were looking at colleges in Texas, the Phillips Girls made a visit to Bay Lake Tower.

Cast: my DW, my DD14 (the main photographer), and my DD8. The stay was at BLT during July, and we have never been to Disney (World) during the summer, so the girls were expecting high heat and high crowds....stay tuned to see what happened.

The girls arrived late on a Friday evening, and noted that the check-in desk has been both expanded and moved to the back of the BLT lobby - a welcome change since our last stay there over NYE:

The girls got a great room - perhaps one we've had before - a studio on the 10th floor facing Epcot and the Contemporary. Here is what welcomed them home:

And here's a small (not wide angle) shot of the room:

After dropping off luggage, the girls took the MR over to the MK ticket booth to buy APs. It took 20 minutes of waiting time inside the Contemporary because someone had "crossed the yellow line", which means that someone (with a stroller) had gotten out of the gated area and was perched (with a stroller, no less) up on the edge of the MR landing with a MR approaching (duh...). So the MR CMs corralled the offending party into a safe area, all while my girls watched their MR go swishing by without stopping. I guess that's what happens when someone "crosses the yellow line".

After getting to the MK ticket booth and buying APs, the girls decided to just walk back to BLT and call it a night.

...to be continued...

Last edited by FrankPhillips; 08-10-2013 at 10:14 PM.
FrankPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:33 PM   #2
FrankPhillips
Grand Villa

PHILLIPS GIRLS-ONLY TRIP REPORT (Continued...)
Cast: my DW, DD14, and DD8

After a nice breakfast at Contempo Cafe, the park of choice on Saturday morning was the Magic Kingdom. The girls walked there in time for the pre-opening show that we all love:

...and then they walked down the middle of Main Street USA toward the castle:

After getting SM FPs, the girls rode Peter Pan, then Pooh. Here is what the crowd level was at that point:

Next, the girls headed over to BTMRR, then through a relatively vacant Adventureland:

Next was Jungle Cruise, Magic Carpets, then back over to TomorrowLand to ride Buzz and then use the SM FPs. Next, they went over to New Fantasyland to ride the Ariel Ride, with a look at Gaston's Tavern:

...and it's clear to see that the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is still well under construction:

...to be continued....
Old 08-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #3
FrankPhillips
Grand Villa

Phillips Girls-Only Trip Report
Cast: my DW, DD14, and DD8

Here are a couple of shots that DD14 took of Rapunzel's digs:

...back into New FantasyLand, notice the "woodwork" on the mine train wall:

...and the view of B.O.G., where the girls dined that same evening (more on that to follow).

On to Small World, where DD14 got a shot of all of the coins in the water. She says she has confirmed that they periodically drain the ride and donate the coins to charity.

Finally, a ride on Splash Mtn before returning to BLT.

...to be continued...
Old 08-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #5
bubster
Grand Villa

Thanks Frank! The pictures of BLT are making me anxious to be there next month. The pictures of the coaster in the New FantasyLand look great too. It's coming along.

Kudos to your DD, tell her thanks!
Old 08-04-2013, 09:56 PM   #6
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Great job by your daughter, Frank! Thanks for sharing.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:04 PM   #7
disneyfreak89
Grand Villa

Wow! Your daughter has her fathers photography skills! Great job! Looking forward to more!

2016 Post Stroke Trip Report

Honeymoon '89 - OFFSITE 1990 - FW; 1992 - Dixie Landings; 1996 - FW; 1999 - FW/CSR; 2001 - Dixie Landings;
2003 - FW; 2005 - POFQ/ POR; 2006 - Pop; 2007 - Pop/CBR; 2008 - SSR/OKW; 2009 - Pop/CSR; 2010 - VBR/WL/Pop;

2011 - SSR/BWV/AKV; 2012 - SSR/BWV/VBR/HHI; 2013 - POR/SSR; 2014 - OKW/BCV; 2015 - SSR; 2016 - Pop/SSR/AKV - 2018 - POR
disneyfreak89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:46 AM   #8
cvjw
Grand Villa

What were the dates of the July visit? I can't believe how empty the MK looked - it certainly wasn't like that on our May/June trip! We may have to consider a July trip.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:24 AM   #9
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

These shots were by DD8? I a hanging up my Camera strap.....

What a great job she is doing.

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,
2015, 2016, 2017 (Family)
henrycpa91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #10
Fmer55
Add-on Aficionado

And what equipment do you let the girls only take?

Always a fun TR with you Frank......

DH, me(Mike)MOD136, DW DD13DD10
Fmer55 is offline   Reply With Quote