home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-04-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
sherryberry
Grand Villa

Default A weekend of horror (and fun!)

Who: me (sherryberry), Kenneth (Beerfan), Jaime (my sister), David (my bro-in-law), Buzz, and Dakota

Where: Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani, Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo, Hampton Inn near Universal Studios......Buzz and Dakota will be at Best Friends Pet Resort in a vacation villa

When: arrive October 4 (Thursday), depart October 7 (Sunday)

What: Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure, Halloween Horror Nights event on Friday night

We are on the road right now....haven't made it to Florida yet. David got off of work at 11:00 AM and we made a couple of stops before officially being on the road. We should be getting to Disney property around 8:30 or so. We'll have to swing by Best Friends to get Buzz and Dakota (our poodles that like to travel with us) checked in. I did a trip report that focused on the dogs' stay at the resort last month (there's a link to the trip report in my signature). My goal of this trip report is to give the point of view of someone experiencing Halloween Horror Nights at US for the first time. Jaime and David attended the event last year and they are the ones that talked Kenneth and me into going this year.

You may have noticed that we are staying at three different places on this trip - it's not because we love split stays. We planned this trip last minute and couldn't get three nights in a row at the same resort (we're staying everywhere on points - we have plenty of DVC points and David had some Hilton points that he was about to lose).

Our plan for tonight is to get the pups checked in, get us checked in, and then head to downtown Disney for some Earl of Sandwich and maybe some Ghirardelli. Tomorrow morning, we're going to try to hit Islands of Adventure when they open and then get into Universal Studios before they close (that's our Halloween Horror night and we want to be in before the park closes). Saturday, we'll start at Universal Studios and just play it by ear - we may wander back over to Islands of Adventure. Sunday morning, we want to try to make it to Kouzzina for breakfast before getting the pups and heading home. Most of my pics may be posted after I get home. I will probably post food pics during the trip.

To be continued...
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Have safe drive down, and enjoy your trip!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #3
sherryberry
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Have safe drive down, and enjoy your trip!
Thanks! This will be our first time heading down just for a weekend. If it goes well, we may do more weekend trips in the future.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #4
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

We're going to HHN in two weeks. Anxiously awaiting your report!
Old 10-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #5
sherryberry
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
We're going to HHN in two weeks. Anxiously awaiting your report!
Have you ever been? I'm so nervous about it! Kpassa has started a report as well. I can't wait to read his! I've already learned so much from the beginning of his report!
Old 10-04-2012, 09:56 PM   #6
sherryberry
Grand Villa

Finally made it to Kidani. We ran into some horrible weather on the way down - the kind where everyone's going about 40 mph with flashers on. It was kind of funny because our sister called Jaime's phone and warned us that we're going to run into really bad weather. We were like "pffft...it's not gonna get bad here." She was right, though. The storm really put us behind, so now we're rushing over to downtown Disney to hit Earl of Sandwich before they close (crazy, right?....but, we've been looking forward to it all day).

Oh, and Buzz and Dakota are all tucked in and cozy in their villa.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:24 PM   #7
sherryberry
Grand Villa

What a pleasant surprise! They have the holiday sandwich....I was sure we'd be too early for this sandwich.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:21 AM   #8
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

No I have never been! Yes I too am reading Kpassa HHN info. I have already copied over and printed his first post that included the map. We will be buying Scream and Stay tickets so hopefully we'll be able to start visiting the haunted houses before people are even let in at the gate.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:49 AM   #9
sherryberry
Grand Villa

Slight change of plans....we'll be at US all day today and then IOA tomorrow. Woke up early today and had coffee and madeleines (bought a container of them at Costco). We were hoping to see some animals this morning before we left, but I think we're going to head out before the animals come out.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #10
cherene
Grand Villa

I'm looking forward to your report. Please share your experience at Best Friends kennel this time too. Have a great trip!
cherene is offline   Reply With Quote