home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #1
FrankPhillips
Grand Villa

Default DONE! Frank's Photo-Filled BWV Trip Report (200+ photos!!!)

Frank's (yet another) Photo Filled Trip Report from BWV

Yes, my camera and I have been to Disney again...and we took along the wonderful Mrs. Phillips - and left the kids at home with my parents! Yes, this is the FIRST time that DW and I have been to Disney together BY OURSELVES! (to DD13: when you read this, I really missed you and wish you had been there with us, but yes, sometimes Mom and Dad can see lots of new things at Disney that we've never seen before...). This was also our first time to stay at Boardwalk.

So obviously, the cast is simply me, DW, and my cameras:
Panasonic G3 with 7-14mm f/4 wide angle zoom
Sony RX100 (large sensor compact)
iPhone (on a few shots)

There are over 200 photos in this trip report, and each post is limited to 10 photos, so I will "chunk" this report as I usually do...and if you've missed any of my previous trip reports, do yourself a favor and check them out. They're almost as good as DeLisi's!

We stayed at Boardwalk Villas for three nights in mid-September just before DW's birthday, so we got a lot of "Happy Birthday" comments from CMs and even from some guests.

I'm not going to do a whole lot of talking in this TR since a picture is worth a thousand words, but you will see me do a rant now and again. So with all of that said, let's begin.

When we arrived in MCO via Southwest, I noticed (FOR THE FIRST TIME, which will happen a lot when you're not watching kids) that there is a hotel in Concourse A of the airport:

We were picked up by Happy Limo (Robert Meade was our driver, and he's absolutely delightful - we've been using Happy Limo since 2004) and were whisked off to BWV where we were greeted by Joseph who gave us all of our "stuff" from the online checkin DW had done 10 days earlier. I was skeptical of online checkin before, but I'm a believer now...our room was ready (it was before noon on a Wednesday). We went straight up to our room (number 4063) and this was our view:

And since everyone expects to see it, here is what our Studio room looked like:

After getting settled, we walked along the Boardwalk (in some light drizzling rain) over to International Gateway (love that feature!) and into Epcot to have lunch at the France Patisserie...

To be continued in a later thread...

Last edited by FrankPhillips; 09-30-2012 at 04:36 PM.
FrankPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:31 PM   #2
mom2crgk
One Bedroom

Great pictures! Was that a boardwalk view room? We've got one for one night in January. They look really lovely!
Old 09-24-2012, 09:33 PM   #3
mrs.mickey
Two Bedroom

What days were you there? We just got back from 8 days at the Boardwalk. It was our first time and I loved it!

DD DS

Members at AKV Since 2008 and SSR since 2013
mrs.mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:33 PM   #4
FrankPhillips
Grand Villa

(Continued...)

We had a delicious lunch in France. After lunch we made the loop through WS, where I got this photo from Italy:

We picked up a couple of Soarin' FPs for later, then boarded the MR to go see Poly, GF, and BLT. Obviously, the crowds were very VERY light:

From the TTC we walked over to the Polynesian, which is (and will always be) our favorite resort. Hence, the following photos:

...To be continued...
Old 09-24-2012, 09:52 PM   #5
FrankPhillips
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2crgk View Post
Great pictures! Was that a boardwalk view room? We've got one for one night in January. They look really lovely!
Actually, it was a Garden/Pool view, but I think we got REALLY lucky. If anyone knows for sure, be sure to chime in....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.mickey View Post
What days were you there? We just got back from 8 days at the Boardwalk. It was our first time and I loved it!
We were there beginning Wed Sept 12th and left on Sat Sept 15th....only three nights... wahhhhhhhh
Old 09-24-2012, 09:52 PM   #6
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Off to yet another excellent start, Frank! Looking forward to much more...
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:58 PM   #7
FrankPhillips
Grand Villa

(Continued...)

More pics from the Polynesian:

Here are some shots from the Poly beach of the VGF under construction now:

...and then back onto the Monorail to head over to the GF.

Here is the current (mid-Sept) status of the VGF construction:

...to be continued...
Old 09-24-2012, 09:59 PM   #8
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Great start, I'll be waiting.....
kzrooster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:05 PM   #9
FrankPhillips
Grand Villa

(Continued...)

...and we entered the GF and I got these additional shots:

We have never really spent much time looking around the GF, so we took the time this time (no kids....) to actually walk around a get a few shots. I knew the GF was modeled after the Hotel Del Coronado (in San Diego, also one of my favorite places in the world - the Del, that is) but I really see a serious resemblance to the Del when I look at the interior courtyard.

...to be continued tomorrow when I get home from work tomorrow...
Old 09-24-2012, 10:06 PM   #10
mom2crgk
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankPhillips View Post

We picked up a couple of Soarin' FPs for later, then boarded the MR to go see Poly, GF, and BLT. Obviously, the crowds were very VERY light.
This statement prompts me to ask: where the heck IS everybody?