home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-08-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
DVCKelly
One Bedroom

Default A Visit to see "The Mouse"

After spending countless hours reading numerous trip reports I thought i'd make the effort and contribute my own. Since this is my first attempt, here is a preemptive apology for any spelling misstakes or imporper use of grammer; lets just chalk up these possible misstakes to my eagerness to talk abot visiting "the mouse".

Cast of Characters:
DH - Disney Husband
DFiL - Disney Father in Law, known by all you MO's as Daddio
DMiL - Disney Mother in Law
and Me
- depending on who me run into, there may also be guest appearances by other Mouse Owner's.

A Bit of Backstory;
I am very fortunate to work for my father in law (Daddio) at David's Vacation Club Rentals. Not only do I spend my days immersed in all things Disney but an even bigger perk is that we occasionally get to take "research" trips to visit The Mouse and make sure we have fully expereienced the Disney Magic. In short I have an AMAZING job working with family and now for my "research" trip not only do I get to go to Disney with my husband (who also works here) but I get to have a great time with my in laws!

Let's Get Started;
The in laws are staying at Boardwalk in a one bedroom preferred view (DMiL's favorite) and DH and I are at Animal Kingdom Kidani Village in a studio savannah view. The last time I was at Animal Kingdom I stayed at Jambo house so I'm very excited to see everything Kidani has to offer. This is the first time DH will be staying at Animal Kingdom, so we decided on the savannah view (the hope is to sit out on the balcony for breakfast and see some animals).

It is now 10:16am and we're in the air flying to Orlando. To say I'm excited to be heading back is a GIGANTIC understatement. I'm like a giddy 8 year old. I have spent weeks dancing around the house humming Disney songs and I literally bounced off the wall when I was told I was going

So I sit here on the plane trying to be patient as we fly onward to all that Disney Magic...
Better Business Bureau Accredited: ..BBB

DVCKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #2
cherene
Grand Villa

Reading this is getting me excited for my upcoming trip in January . I have quite a wait. Have fun and take some pictures for us .
cherene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #3
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Have a great trip! Looking forward to hearing all about it...
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #4
jessykah77
Grand Villa

We love Kidani, I'm interested in seeing what y'all think.
Have a great time!

Me , DH , DS-12 , DS-6 , DS-5 and DD-3 , and DD-2
jessykah77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #5
AnnaS
Add-on Aficionado

Have a great time. Looking forward to your report!!

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #6
DVC Data

Enjoy all that "research"!
DVC Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:35 PM   #7
DVCKelly
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherene View Post
Reading this is getting me excited for my upcoming trip in January . I have quite a wait. Have fun and take some pictures for us .
January will be a great time to travel! I bet you will love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Have a great trip! Looking forward to hearing all about it...
We love Kidani, I'm interested in seeing what y'all think.
Have a great time!

Thanks. I'm just organizing my thoughts and will post an update on our first day momentarily.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:37 PM   #8
DVCKelly
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Mike View Post
Enjoy all that "research"!
Like I said, I do have a great job and today's "research" was filling, it involved trying a hotdog on the Boardwalk and then the Volcano at the Rainforest Cafe

Old 09-08-2012, 10:45 PM   #9
sherryberry
Grand Villa

Have a great trip! Thanks for taking the time to post a trip report!
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:53 PM   #10
DVCKelly
One Bedroom

Day One Continued: (sorry no photos for today, I have them but couldn’t get them to upload properly, I will work to fix this tomorrow).

We arrive in Orlando with beautiful sunny weather. I’ve got to say I enjoyed the heat today, a nice change from the cooler weather that has begun to move in back home.

All four of us (DH, Daddio, DMiL and I) headed to the Boardwalk so the in-laws can get checked into their room. When we arrived Mouse Keeping was still putting finishing touches on their villa, so we took a walk on the Boardwalk to enjoy the weather. Since this is a “research” trip I decided it was important to try the hotdog offered at the Boardwalk and make sure they were up to “The Mouse’s” standard. Truth is it was delicious.
Just after that snack the in-laws room was ready and so they went to settle in. As usual, they are very happy with their choice of resort. One of the best decorations in their room is this lamp. I love it, reminds me of Alice in Wonderland. I will post the picture as soon as I figure out how.

From there we jumped into the car and headed to Kidani Village.

There is something wonderful about pulling up to the resort and it’s an instant break from the hustle and bustle that you experience in day to day life. Watching the animals calmly roaming across the savannah is surreal. I LOVE having the savannah view!!!!!

As I have previously mentioned, this is DH’s first time at Animal Kingdom and he was in awe once we walked into our room. Immediately we saw Ankole Cattle (the one’s with the giant horns), Ostriches and wildebeest. Sitting on our balcony watching the animals roam was so peaceful and I can’t wait to see what tomorrow will bring. Also I do want to mention that yes we did have the Mickey shaped towel on the bed when we entered our room. My good friend Donna always needs to know if the Mickey Towels are still there.

From there it was off to do a little shopping. The Biggest news I have to share is that I am now the proud owner of Halloween Mickey Ears! When the in-laws found out that I have never owned a pair of Mickey Ears DMiL quickly remedied that and I now have a great set of ears to where to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, which we are attending later in the week.

For dinner we enjoyed a great meal at the Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney. It was pointed out that one of the best dishes on the menu is a desert worth sharing called the Volcano. So despite what it may do to the waistline (and possibly cause multiple cavities) we indulged and tried the family size dessert. If you love brownies, ice cream, and more chocolate this is the dessert for you, however I would recommend sharing it with some friends.

All and all I have had a great day and can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings. The plan is to start the day having breakfast with a very cute and fuzzy alien named Stitch and then keep soaking in that Disney Magic.