home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2011, 01:44 PM   #11
cardaway
Add-on Aficionado

A Marvel park, or even an addition of a Marvel section to an existing park, is far more likely to happen in DLR or one of the OUS Disney parks.

This 5th WDW park rumor is likely a confusion of the Avatar AK extension project, or even some kind of change to an existing area that would create some kind of Discovery Island like experience on WDW property. Personally I think they should have placed a Discovery Island like experience at the AK and let Avatarland go in the large unused space at DHS.

And as an interesitng note it appears and fast-tracked extension of Potter and Universal Orlando is going to happen, as well as building something similar in the Hollywood park as well. The most interesting thing being that the extension in Universal Orlando could go in the Studios park in the old Amity area, with a new system to conect the two lands. So it's entirely possible Disney has an "answer" coing at either WDW, DLR, or both. I've seen some very interesting leaked plans of how they could put some Marvel stuff in the existing DLR TL.

Last edited by cardaway; 12-06-2011 at 02:02 PM.
cardaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:47 PM   #12
Sir Aaron
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presley View Post
Slightly off topic, but my daughter recently found out why so many of the darker rides are closed so often.

She was on Peter Pan and the group either before or after her were smoking pot on the ride. She was overwhelmed by the smoke and the stench. She said when they got off the ride, the ride was shut down and the employees were telling people that the ride was closed and they didn't know when it would reopen. Later, she saw some other employees carrying large fans and leafblowers over to the ride.

I imagine that Pirates is a good ride to smoke dope on if you have some dumb ass reason for needing to that on a ride in a family park. That is most likely the reason why the ride has so many temporary closures, as well as the other darker rides.
They needed it for medical reasons, of course.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:53 PM   #13
Sir Aaron
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardaway View Post
A Marvel park, or even an addition of a Marvel section to an existing park, is far more likely to happen in DLR or one of the OUS Disney parks.

This 5th WDW park rumor is likely a confusion of the Avatar AK extension project, or even some kind of change to an existing area that would create some kind of Discovery Island like experience on WDW property. Personally I think they should have placed a Discovery Island like experience at the AK and let Avatarland go in the large unused space at DHS.

And as an interesitng note it appears and fasttracked extension of Potter and Universal Orlando is going to happen, as well as building something similar in the Hollywood park as well. So it's entirely possible Disney has an "answer" coing at either WDW, DLR, or both. I've seen some very interesting leaked plans of how they could put some Marvel stuff in the existing DLR TL.
It's very hard to see them putting marvel stuff at DLR. They aren't even done changing DCA and DLR is so...land challenged.

But I do agree with you that Avatar really does seem to be better for DHS than AK. If I were in charge, I'd do those two things you suggested plus make MK much better. Rapunzel would have a much bigger space for starters (and a souvenir stand).
Old 12-06-2011, 01:59 PM   #14
cardaway
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Aaron View Post
and DLR is so...land challenged.
True for some areas of the park, but true at all for the TL area.
cardaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:03 PM   #15
XPhillip
One Bedroom

I will believe it when I step into the new park. Just don't see it happening anytime soon.
XPhillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:31 PM   #16
crushturtle
Grand Villa

I had heard that they were going to open a park that would interest teenagers to complete with Universal.
crushturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:41 PM   #17
Rumblebuffin
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Club Bum View Post
I've heard vague stuff about a Marvel park. I would prefer they just keep updating and maintaining the parks they have now. They can't fix Yeti. Pirates is always down. And future world and tomorrow land both need major overhauls. They also have room for more countries in WS. They also have room for more stuff and need updates in HS.

Port Orleans - 1985
Dixie Landings - 1990
Wilderness Lodge - 1992
Animal Kingdom Lodge - 1994
OKW - 2004
SSR - 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
Coronado Springs - 2005
VWL - 2009
OKW - 2009
VWL - 2011
SSR - 2012
Rumblebuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:24 AM   #18
gblast123
Banned

There had been some rumors/plans for a 5th park for some time now... but the Great Recession put all those on hold.

I heard some talk of re-envigorating Pleasure Island/Downtown Disney for the 5th park several years ago.

David
gblast123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:45 AM   #19
Beca
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by crushturtle View Post
I had heard that they were going to open a park that would interest teenagers to complete with Universal.
I still like the idea of a Villains park that would be open all night, and closed during the day!!

Beca

Beca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:51 AM   #20
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by crushturtle View Post
There has been discussions/reports about how Disney doesn't compete with the male teenager group, so that may make sense. However, my boys have been to both parks, grew up with Disney and prefer Disney to Universal any day.

Proud owner of AKV, BCV, BLT, SSR & VGF
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote