home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2011, 12:06 AM   #1
nevada
Two Bedroom

Default New Park Opening?

I just heard a rumor that Disney may be planning a fifth park to open in 2017. I heard it from a friend who is down there, now. Not sure where she heard it. Does anyone have more info on this? Just curious.
nevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:18 AM   #2
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

This certainly qualifies as a rumor.

My guess is they are confusing Avatar Land being added to Animal Kingdom Park. It will be a new section, but not a standalone park.

tomandrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:54 AM   #3
Beach Club Bum
Banned

I've heard vague stuff about a Marvel park. I would prefer they just keep updating and maintaining the parks they have now. They can't fix Yeti. Pirates is always down. And future world and tomorrow land both need major overhauls. They also have room for more countries in WS. They also have room for more stuff and need updates in HS.
Beach Club Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:58 AM   #4
jedwards
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Club Bum View Post
I've heard vague stuff about a Marvel park. I would prefer they just keep updating and maintaining the parks they have now. They can't fix Yeti. Pirates is always down. And future world and tomorrow land both need major overhauls. They also have room for more countries in WS. They also have room for more stuff and need updates in HS.
When I stayed at an off-site timeshare two years ago, they were talking about Disney building a new Marvel park (so they could sell more timeshares ) But since I hadn't heard anymore about it, I thought it was just part of their sales pitch. Interesting that you heard it too.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:17 AM   #5
KingOMiami
One Bedroom

as mentioned by others I wish that the Disney management would just get the current parks done right and then worry about building a new park. Luckily I have never had a problem with Pirates begin down except for when they did the movie refurb. But definitely HS needs to have some more stuff added to it. We are not into the thrill rides and we are easily done with the park after a couple of hours.

I would love for them to add some more countries to Epcot WS as well

DVC Members since Mar. '07

Our lil home - 50 point VWL contract

DVC Trips
07 - VWL
08 - AKV
09 - SSR
11 - OKW
12 - VB, VWL
13 - AKV x2, OKW

KingOMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:19 AM   #6
onehecticmom
One Bedroom

Maybe they could add more dining options to DHS... that would make my day

2009 - ASMovies
2010 - CBR
2011 - BLT (our first trip HOME)
2012 - OKW
2012 - BCV
2012 - BLT
2013 - AKV
onehecticmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:23 PM   #7
Wolfie
Grand Villa

I have NO doubts that Disney is planning a new park. They are always planning a new park. WED said "Disneyland will never be completed" and I firmly believe that was his intention for WDW as well had he lived to see it open.

Its not a question of IF a new park is being planned. Its a question of WHEN.

Wolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:31 PM   #8
Sir Aaron
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Club Bum View Post
They need to overhaul much of Magic Kingdom. They need to bring Pirates and Small World up to snuff just for starters. Both rides are shells of the DLR rides.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:10 PM   #9
Presley
Grand Villa

Slightly off topic, but my daughter recently found out why so many of the darker rides are closed so often.

She was on Peter Pan and the group either before or after her were smoking pot on the ride. She was overwhelmed by the smoke and the stench. She said when they got off the ride, the ride was shut down and the employees were telling people that the ride was closed and they didn't know when it would reopen. Later, she saw some other employees carrying large fans and leafblowers over to the ride.

I imagine that Pirates is a good ride to smoke dope on if you have some dumb ass reason for needing to that on a ride in a family park. That is most likely the reason why the ride has so many temporary closures, as well as the other darker rides.
Presley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:14 PM   #10
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presley View Post
I imagine that Pirates is a good ride to smoke dope on if you have some dumb ass reason for needing to that on a ride in a family park.
Wow! Never encountered that one. Great point and love the analysis!

Proud owner of AKV, BCV, BLT, SSR & VGF
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote