home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-17-2011, 04:21 PM   #1
SEDCrockett
Studio

Talking Is this Grand Floridian DVC Villas??!!

I found documents with dates of March 8th-10th, 2011 on the South FLorida Water Management District site for a building at the Grand Floridian between the GF hotel and the Poly.

Is this a plan for GF DVC villas or something else? What do all of you think??

It is called "Project 2011-1"

Here is one of the documents:

Old 03-17-2011, 04:57 PM   #2
HauntedPirate
Two Bedroom

Wow, nice find!

Interesting location. I'd wonder how it would impact or just slightly intrude on the view from the Wedding Pavilion.

Aside from that... I wonder why they'd target the GF now instead of Poly? I would think any DVC at GF would be the creme-de-la-creme of DVC, so why not build (both figuratively and literally) at Poly first? Inquiring minds want to know!
MOD 30
MODly Men Of The World (MMotW) Fantasy Football keeper league:
2008: 3rd place; 2009: 1st!; 2010: 4th; 2011: 4th; 2012: 8th; 2013: 3rd; 2014: 8th; 2015: 5th; 2016: 9th

HauntedPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #3
RoonieRoo
Two Bedroom

Maybe that is why they pushed the BLT price up to $140. So the GF Villa priced at $160 a point would "make sense". I can't even imagine how much they will want to charge for that after the recent price hikes.
RoonieRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:53 PM   #4
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEDCrockett View Post
I started a separate thread with this info but it must require a mod to OK it before it shows up so here is the info I found that I posted over on that other board some don't frequent:

I found documents with dates of March 8th-10th, 2011 on the South FLorida Water Management District site for a building at the Grand Floridian between the GF hotel and the Poly.

Is this a plan for GF DVC villas or something else? What do all of you think??

Very interesting... Thanks for posting. If I'm ever adding on direct again, this could be the place...
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:58 PM   #5
cjones07407
One Bedroom

unless i am reading this wrong (and i very wll may be) it doesn't seem very big. i would think a GF DVC would be bigger.....
Old 03-17-2011, 07:09 PM   #6
kdzgon
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschwarzbauer View Post
It all makes sense to build where they have all of the infrstructure and where people wantto stay, which is as close to the themeparks as possible. I think River Country and Grand Floridian are both great locations. The big question now is why would you buy there when you can buy SSR at $60 a point, Boardwalk for $70 and even Wilderness Lodge is in those ranges as well. Why pay over $100 when you can get points for a lot cheaper!
Contract years?
kdzgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:16 PM   #7
cardaway
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjones07407 View Post
unless i am reading this wrong (and i very wll may be) it doesn't seem very big. i would think a GF DVC would be bigger.....
I thinking exactly the opposite. Great spot to put the FL version of VGC. (VGF?) And staying small would minimize the imapct to the monorail. IMO they are already dangerously close to exceeding that capacity already after BLT.

Buy where you want to stay!
cardaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:23 PM   #8
NYDVC
Grand Villa

interesting. I always envisioned more building for a GF DVC. this would be a very small DVC. This would be the smallest yet I would think.

So if not a DVC what could it be? I cant think of anything.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, shouting 'GERONIMO!" Bill McKenna

NYDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:26 PM   #9
cjones07407
One Bedroom

i agree - doesn't look like there is a whole lot to it......
Old 03-17-2011, 07:30 PM   #10
Rumblebuffin
Two Bedroom

Piggy-backing on the "Clampettes" references earlier - might the opening of a DVC Grand Floridian be an opportunity for DVC to roll out the tiered perk system discussed on another thread, and that some MOs were surveyed about. Might be a way to limit the Clampette family's access to Grand Floridian and "keep the carpets clean" and the marble free of coolers...

Port Orleans - 1985
Dixie Landings - 1990
Wilderness Lodge - 1992
Animal Kingdom Lodge - 1994
OKW - 2004
SSR - 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
Coronado Springs - 2005
VWL - 2009
OKW - 2009
VWL - 2011
SSR - 2012
Rumblebuffin is offline   Reply With Quote