home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-02-2022, 10:43 AM   #1
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Talking Merging ressies is taking an unusually long time

I've been having to wait list a lot to get my reservations... and once they come thru, I then request for these to be merged.

This is done by another team, and is no longer done on-demand by member services, as was in the past.

It typically can take a week or so for ressies to be merged, but this morning I was told that they are backed up, and could take up to 21 days to merge.

So put in your requests early, so they get into the queue.

Also MS recommended noting on your waitlist, that if it comes thru, to merge the ressie with your others in front / back. I haven't tried that yet, but sounds like a good suggestion.

I'm not sure if I saw an area to add notes when we do the waitlist ourselves thru the portal. I recall being able to say replace ressie..... I'll look more closely.....

At any rate, dvc ressie merges are taking longer now.

Just a heads up,
Goldi

Find me in the unofficial DVC Rental List:
http://bit.ly/SawickipediasDVCRentalList

Home Resorts: AKV+BCV+BLT+RIV+VGF+OKW+SSR+VBR
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 10:58 AM   #2
behappy
Studio

Goldi, thanks for the headsup.
MS said they can no longer split reservation in their 'new' system because there's no place to set aside some of the days while doing the split.

Find DVC members participating in the unofficial DVC Rental List. It is not affiliated or sponsored by MO.
I am 'behappy': http://bit.ly/SawickipediasDVCRentalList
behappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 03:21 PM   #3
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by behappy View Post
Goldi, thanks for the headsup.
MS said they can no longer split reservation in their 'new' system because there's no place to set aside some of the days while doing the split.
We’ll then we’ll have to be careful that we really want things merged.

Is this new. ? Wondering if they got new software recently.

Goldi

Old 08-03-2022, 09:46 AM   #4
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks_63 View Post
We’ll then we’ll have to be careful that we really want things merged.

Is this new. ? Wondering if they got new software recently.

Goldi
The issue of splitting reservations started a few years ago. Personally, I just think they don't want to deal with it and are just flatly denying the requests because I have successfully been able to get MS to split a reservation within the last 6 months -- but, it was a fight, it had to do with an ADA room.

It is complete bull$hit that they can't split a reservation, they just don't want to help members complete this task.

My best advice is avoid being put in this situation. I have started to make multiple reservations in place of one reservation anticipating that I might need to split something. DVC MS is much more agreeable to merging reservations, but as you stated it can take over 7 days for it to be completed because now everything is sent to a "back office" to be completed.

Where I'm Going 2022:
Grand Californian - Sunday, January 2 - Friday, January 7, 2022
Aulani - Friday, January 7 - Sunday, January 16, 2022
Hilton Head - Thursday, June 30 - Friday, July 15, 2022
Beach Club - Sunday, July 31 - Tuesday, August 9, 2022
cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 10:25 AM   #5
Adelard of Bath
Grand Villa

I thought we had a discussion a few months back about how they weren't even merging reservations anymore. Maybe there is a subtle difference between "merging" and "linking" and other words one might use in the same way.

A little while ago I made three reservations for a trip, as most of us do, and when they were all complete I emailed DVC with a request to link them into one, same as I had done for years. Email came back, "Thank you, we have sent a note to the resort letting them know you have multiple consecutive reservations. Reservations booked over different memberships no longer need to be linked."

So, they stayed in three separate reservations. And of course this caused me trouble when 60 days arrived and I couldn't make dining reservations for anything past the first three days.
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 03:53 PM   #6
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelard of Bath View Post
I thought we had a discussion a few months back about how they weren't even merging reservations anymore. Maybe there is a subtle difference between "merging" and "linking" and other words one might use in the same way.

A little while ago I made three reservations for a trip, as most of us do, and when they were all complete I emailed DVC with a request to link them into one, same as I had done for years. Email came back, "Thank you, we have sent a note to the resort letting them know you have multiple consecutive reservations. Reservations booked over different memberships no longer need to be linked."

So, they stayed in three separate reservations. And of course this caused me trouble when 60 days arrived and I couldn't make dining reservations for anything past the first three days.
I guess there probably is a distinction between merging and linking.

I think of merging being something you can do when you have multiple reservations, but all the reservations were made on the same membership. When this happens, and the days are consecutive, they will still merge multiple stays into one reservation/one stay.

Linking in my mind is when you have multiple stays [that run consecutively], but since they were booked with different memberships, they can't be merged into one continues stay, but a note is placed on your account so that the person assigning the rooms knows it's one stay, and they will work to not have you move rooms. However, not moving rooms is not guaranteed either. I'm here at AKL - Kidani and had this discussion with the person that checked me in. I had one night on booked on one membership and the rest of the nights on a different membership and she said I was going to have to change rooms. She then went in the back and came back and said they worked it out so I wouldn't have to move.

Anyway... I am starting to get fed up with DVC and Disney, but that's a discussion that's been well documented by many in other threads

Where I'm Going 2022:
Grand Californian - Sunday, January 2 - Friday, January 7, 2022
Aulani - Friday, January 7 - Sunday, January 16, 2022
Hilton Head - Thursday, June 30 - Friday, July 15, 2022
Beach Club - Sunday, July 31 - Tuesday, August 9, 2022
cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 04:01 PM   #7
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrdgrs View Post
I guess there probably is a distinction between merging and linking.

I think of merging being something you can do when you have multiple reservations, but all the reservations were made on the same membership. When this happens, and the days are consecutive, they will still merge multiple stays into one reservation/one stay.:
Yes merging is one / same membership number with consecutive days in same room category.

Goldi

Old 08-03-2022, 04:23 PM   #8
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelard of Bath View Post

No, they have not stopped merging - which is same membership. They technically have to merge reservations when one crosses a UY.

Linking is different and for separate memberships
Old 08-03-2022, 05:50 PM   #9
Sephorin
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrdgrs View Post
Linking in my mind is when you have multiple stays [that run consecutively], but since they were booked with different memberships, they can't be merged into one continues stay,
When you say multiple memberships, do you mean accounts with different member numbers that are the result of purchasing in multiple use years? Or are you talking about different contracts at the same resort in the same use year?

I am having a somewhat related issue that I am pretty certain I have run into before. I am doing a split stay in October at BLT (five nights) and BWV (six nights). Now that my dining reservation window has opened, I can only reserve for the five night BLT stay. Is there any way to "link" or "merge" or "stick together" these two reservations so that I can make dining reservations for the whole stay?

Thanks for the help!
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 05:52 PM   #10
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephorin View Post
When you say multiple memberships, do you mean accounts with different member numbers that are the result of purchasing in multiple use years? Or are you talking about different contracts at the same resort in the same use year?

I am having a somewhat related issue that I am pretty certain I have run into before. I am doing a split stay in October at BLT (five nights) and BWV (six nights). Now that my dining reservation window has opened, I can only reserve for the five night BLT stay. Is there any way to "link" or "merge" or "stick together" these two reservations so that I can make dining reservations for the whole stay?

Thanks for the help!
Multiple memberships means you have more than one membership number. It happens usually when you add a new UY or different names.

Just multiple contracts won't affect the merging.

You cannot do anything for dining now unfortunately with split stays. They will be separate booking windows. Even if the same resort.