home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-28-2022, 08:56 AM   #1
David
Studio

Default Boardwalk Pizza Window

I tried to buy a 'full pan' of pizza at the Boardwalk Pizza window. The cast member told me that they are only selling the pizza by "SLICE ONLY". He then offered to sell me a full pan which normally was 8 slices, BUT would charge me for 4 single slices (although I would receive the normal 8 slices) and would charge me $ 36.00 rather than the usual $20.99 ! Does anyone know why this is so ? THANKS
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 10:15 AM   #2
bubster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I tried to buy a 'full pan' of pizza at the Boardwalk Pizza window. The cast member told me that they are only selling the pizza by "SLICE ONLY". He then offered to sell me a full pan which normally was 8 slices, BUT would charge me for 4 single slices (although I would receive the normal 8 slices) and would charge me $ 36.00 rather than the usual $20.99 ! Does anyone know why this is so ? THANKS
This appears to be a “newer” situation. In the past we have been able to buy full pies. This is a head scratcher. I hope an explanation is forthcoming.
Old 07-28-2022, 12:04 PM   #3
It's Me
Grand Villa

Yikes, another disney "improvement"? Hopefully it was just a CM that was misimformed.

You can also find me in the unofficial DVC Rental List as It's Me:
http://bit.ly/SawickipediasDVCRentalList

It's Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 03:18 PM   #4
eandjmom
Two Bedroom

This has to be new. We stayed at BC at the end of June and saw several families walk into the pool area with full pizzas from the Boardwalk pizza window...
eandjmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 04:31 PM   #5
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Must have done a survey and everyone wanted to pay more.
Old 07-28-2022, 05:54 PM   #6
Joeli
Grand Villa

Did someone say DiGorno?! That was one of our go to meals…get you coming and going. Probably better off ordering Dominos and having it delivered to the lobby (if resort staying)….

2023 May - PVB, Jun/Jul - PVB
2022 Oct - SSR, Nov - OKW
2022 and on: Vacation house - woo hoo!

Done:
2021 (Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Oct, Nov, Dec/Jan) - AKV (K), PVB, BLT, BLT, PVB, PVB, PVB/BWV
2020 (Jan, Mar, Mar/Apr/May/May/Jun, Sept, Aug, Oct, Nov) - Swan, PVB, PVB/PVB/AKV/AKV/PVB, DCL Fantasy - (COVID-19 BOO), BCV, BWV, PVB (bungalow)
Joeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 06:03 PM   #7
eandjmom
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeli View Post
Did someone say DiGorno?! That was one of our go to meals…get you coming and going. Probably better off ordering Dominos and having it delivered to the lobby (if resort staying)….
During our same trip in June, the folks next to us at the pool at the Poly ordered a feast from Giordano's (definitely approved by this Chicago gal) including pizzas, wings, salad and 2 liters. Fed their group, which was several families traveling together, for a fraction of the price! Delivered right to the lobby
eandjmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 09:30 PM   #8
CDog
Two Bedroom

Quote:
This is unfortunate, we always go there for a whole pizza every trip. I went to Disney’s site and looked at the Pizza Window. In the description for it, it definitely says by the slice or a whole pizza. But when you click on the menu, there’s no whole pizza, just slices. I hope this is temporary. If they’d charge full price for all 8 slices, it’d be $71.92! That’s friggin crazy!
Old 07-29-2022, 04:02 PM   #9
David
Studio

As mentioned in the original post, IF you buy and pay for 4 slices , you receive a full pie for $ 36.00.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 04:30 PM   #10
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
As mentioned in the original post, IF you buy and pay for 4 slices , you receive a full pie for $ 36.00.
So a slice of pizza is 9 bucks? I can get better pizza for much less elsewhere. Never been to this window and now never will. Good to have info!

Cheers.