home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-22-2022, 10:50 AM   #1
DVCjj
Grand Villa

Default DVC 2-year TRANSFER Rule?

Help!

I have AUGUST UY. Poly/BWV
I wanted to transfer in FEBRUARY 2023 points. BWV.
Wanted to book for May 2023.

MS just told me I cannot transfer in 2023 points til August 1 when my new UY (2022) begins because I'm still in my AUGUST 21 UY until Aug 1.
She said it can only be 2 UYs at a time.

Is this correct? I've transferred in points before (99% BWV...these were OKW because desperate for points and don't want more contracts) and swear I never had a problem.
DVCjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 11:55 AM   #2
cpnkirk
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCjj View Post
Help!

MS just told me I cannot transfer in 2023 points til August 1 when my new UY (2022) begins because I'm still in my AUGUST 21 UY until Aug 1.

Is this correct? I've transferred in points before (99% BWV...these were OKW because desperate for points and don't want more contracts) and swear I never had a problem.
I haven't heard of that rule before. I'd say try calling again and ask a different cast member.

Of course, they could have just tossed in another rule without telling anyone. They do that sometimes.
cpnkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 12:21 PM   #3
DVCjj
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnkirk View Post
I haven't heard of that rule before. I'd say try calling again and ask a different cast member.

Of course, they could have just tossed in another rule without telling anyone. They do that sometimes.
Thank you. I get so tired of 'calling back for a new CM"....especially when wait this a.m. was 30 minutes (course, could have been far worse as has been).
Old 06-22-2022, 12:45 PM   #4
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Yeah she got it wrong. I also had some trouble with transferring points before. Some CM just don't know all the rules and whatnot. Call back. Sorry, it's a pain.

Owners since 2006- BWV, CCV & AKV
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 01:03 PM   #5
DVCjj
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
Yeah she got it wrong. I also had some trouble with transferring points before. Some CM just don't know all the rules and whatnot. Call back. Sorry, it's a pain.
Thank you for telling me I'm not losing my mind.
Old 06-22-2022, 08:56 PM   #6
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Help!

You can transfer IN 2023 pts but they will be counted towards your 2023 transfers, as long as pts you taking IN as a transfer has before June use year as of today..

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 09:33 PM   #7
DVCjj
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney65 View Post
You can transfer IN 2023 pts but they will be counted towards your 2023 transfers, as long as pts you taking IN as a transfer has before June use year as of today..
Thank you. That's exactly as I thought. By the time I hung up, MS discouragingly convinced me I didn't know what I was talking about. And I did.
Old 06-23-2022, 10:05 AM   #8
fuzzylogic
Two Bedroom

Quote:

The rep is right. You can make one transfer per UY that you're in. Not per future UY or the UY of the transferred points. You could not use up your 2022, 2023, and 2024 transfers, now, just because those are future years. You can only do one transfer between Aug'21and July'22. In those 12 months you can transfer multiple UY's of points (current and future) as the rep indicated. i.e. you could obtain '22 and '23 points from someone else in one transfer. You can make another once Aug'22 comes, and that one will be the only transfer you can make till Aug '23.

Think of it this way... you could be transferring points that don't even match your UY. For a May 2023 trip you could transfer in Dec'22 points or even Dec'21 points and bank them into Dec'22. Also you could transfer in '23 points if they're Feb'23 since those are also valid in May '23. You could transfer in June or later '23 points, but there'd be no way to use those in May '23 since you can't borrow transferred points. You can use or bank them, but not borrow them.

So it doesn't matter the UY of the points you're getting, or that you want to get Feb'23 points. It matters the UY of your contract, and that's Aug-July. One transfer per your year of someone else's current and/or next year points. Note this will use up the one transfer of the other person for the year they are currently in no matter whether the points are current, future, or both.

If you've already made a transfer between Aug of last year... and today, you cannot make another right now.

Last edited by fuzzylogic; 06-23-2022 at 10:38 AM.
fuzzylogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 11:08 AM   #9
LauraLea
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzylogic View Post
The rep is right. You can make one transfer per UY that you're in. Not per future UY or the UY of the transferred points. You could not use up your 2022, 2023, and 2024 transfers, now, just because those are future years. You can only do one transfer between Aug'21and July'22. In those 12 months you can transfer multiple UY's of points (current and future) as the rep indicated. i.e. you could obtain '22 and '23 points from someone else in one transfer. You can make another once Aug'22 comes, and that one will be the only transfer you can make till Aug '23.

Think of it this way... you could be transferring points that don't even match your UY. For a May 2023 trip you could transfer in Dec'22 points or even Dec'21 points and bank them into Dec'22. Also you could transfer in '23 points if they're Feb'23 since those are also valid in May '23. You could transfer in June or later '23 points, but there'd be no way to use those in May '23 since you can't borrow transferred points. You can use or bank them, but not borrow them.

So it doesn't matter the UY of the points you're getting, or that you want to get Feb'23 points. It matters the UY of your contract, and that's Aug-July. One transfer per your year of someone else's current and/or next year points. Note this will use up the one transfer of the other person for the year they are currently in no matter whether the points are current, future, or both.

If you've already made a transfer between Aug of last year... and today, you cannot make another right now.
Wow! This is a completely different perspective on transfers than I have had for the last 18 years. I always thought transferring 2 UY worth of points at one time used up the 2 years of transfers. Good to know how it actually works.

Thanks,
Laura
LauraLea is online now   Reply With Quote