home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-21-2022, 11:34 PM   #1
JaneBanks
One Bedroom

Default June Moonlight Magic 2022

We just wrapped up a trip to WDW, and currently at Vero where the surf is really churning, before we head up to Daytona to spend a week with our grandkids.

I had a booked a one bedroom at Bay Lake for my daughter and her boyfriend, and the day after Moonlight Magic I moved to a studio at Copper Creek for a few nights.
Both resorts were great, CMs friendly. Housekeeping on point.

The weather for the week really kicked my butt with that high humidity! We didn't hit any park until after 2pm, I just couldn't tolerate the heat at all. And I'm from Texas, we know heat!

Overall great trip, and DAS was really a lifesaver for me at times. Used it in conjunction with Genie + for our Magic Kingdom day, which worked well as long as I was able to keep straight what ride was booked with which system and at what time. Had one issue with booking Winnie the Pooh using Genie +. Since I don't go to parks until later, I tried to book ride times late in the day and well, instead of booking me at a 4pm ride time the Genie switched it to 1pm as it booked. I had to stop at Guest Relations to see if they could adjust it, and the CM said he had never heard of it booking an earlier time than stated, but did say it could book a later time than what you click on. Well, I had screenshots and explained that I wasn't entering parks until later each day due to the heat and my disability. CM changed it to an anytime use for Winnie the Pooh.
I feel like if they are going to sell the service, it should book for the time you are choosing.

Bought iLL for Guardians on our Epcot day.
Loved the ride itself, but they kept shoving more and more people into the pre-show rooms. We tried to stay to the back and side to keep my issue from being triggered, but the crush of people made me claustrophobic and not only was my anxiety triggered, but I had a cataplexy attack and almost went down. My daughter did an awesome job of supporting me, and guiding me along the outer edge of the room, talking me through the anxiety and physically supporting my body with the cataplexy attack.
Once we reached boarding I asked if we could be near the front, again an anxiety issue and it was no problem. CM was great.
Really did love the ride.

We rode again a few days later after we park hopped, and this time I asked the CM when we scanned in if there was a way to bypass the pre-shows because of the claustrophobia and anxiety issue. They had a CM guide us through and we rejoined the queue after the rooms when they join up with the long hallway. Much better for me, plus I was in a wheelchair that day and it made navigating so much easier.
JaneBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 12:07 AM   #2
JaneBanks
One Bedroom

Now, on to Moonlight Magic!

We had intended the day to be waterpark and then head to HS around 630pm.
But by the time Thursday rolled around, we were so exhausted we just slept late and hung out at Bay Lake. Ate a late lunch at Captain Cooks. Headed over to Hollywood Studios, arriving around 645pm.
There was quite a crowd heading in through security at that time.

My husband had been called away unexpectedly to Chicago on business earlier in the week, and was getting on a plane set to arrive at MCO at 930pm, so I asked if I could meet him at the gate to get him in. When I booked MM I had included him in the count.
A manager had to be called, and she asked if it was just him, just the one person, because normally all party members would need to be present at check in. Uh, yes.
Then she saw he was also a member when they pulled up our info. An said "just this one time" they would allow it.
(plot twist, his flight was delayed by an hour, so he never made it to the event)

We headed on in to the park, and went back to grab a bite at Docking Bay 7 before they closed. First time dining there, had a Ronto Wrap and thought it was pretty good.

From there, we went and watched Muppets, then got a popcorn bucket at PizzaRizzo. No line to grab one there.
Then we went to Alien Swirling Saucer, which had a listed 45 minute wait but was only 20 minutes.
After a quick discussion we decided to then hop in line for Slinky Dog. Park close was soon, and it was listed at a 65 minute wait but really it was only 35. Once we finished that ride, park was closed.

Grabbed a couple of lunch tarts at Woody's Lunch Box with our coupons.
I knew characters from Toy Story were supposed to be out, so kind of did a quick look around for them. Saw a long line outside of Midway Mania, so we hopped in that, and sure enough...it was the line to meet Woody and Jesse.
Our daughters boyfriend was so excited.
This was his first big vacation anywhere, and he was so happy and grateful for each experience. It was an absolute joy to have him along.

I can't recall how long we waited, somewhere in the 20-25 minute range, but worth it for how happy my daughter and her boyfriend were to hug Woody and Jesse.

From there, we decided to backtrack back in to Galaxy's Edge because I remembered that Chewbacca was supposed to be out.
We hopped in that line, and got some great pics with Chewy and R2.
Decided to bypass MF Smugglers run, even though it was basically a walk on. Once for the trip was enough according to my daughter.

We had decided to focus on the special character meets, and decide on rides if lines were short enough.

Found Darth Vader by Star Tours, made for happy (adult) kids.

Went looking for Chip and Dale (my faves!). Found a line for Monterey Jack and Fat Cat, but the CM said no one wanted pictures with them. Uh, well I did! So I got some pictures, then we hopped in line to wait for Ch-ch-chip and Dale, Rescue Rangers.
Apparently not the only ones there who loved the new movie on Disney +. They had quite a crowd waiting.

After taking selfies with them, daughter got a funnel cake with her coupon and I grabbed a strawberry bar from the ice cream cart. This was her boyfriends first time having a funnel cake! He said it was "just okay". He isn't big into sweets though.

Once that break was finished we headed over to see Goofy and Max, and got to dance with Scrooge McDuck, Darkwing Duck, and Launchpad! Had so much fun doing that.

Then, with a little time to spare, they decided to ride Tower of Terror one last time. I was beat, so got in line for a treat at Rosie's All American, using two more coupons, and then sat to wait on them.
They finished riding just as the party was coming to a close.
We had one coupon left, and daughter's boyfriend was able to use it on our way out of the park to grab a Powerade.

All in all a good time, and I appreciate that DVC is holding these events again.
I do miss the meal vouchers and free bottles of water, but I think we made good use of the snack coupons.
JaneBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 02:02 PM   #3
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Glad you enjoyed! Thanks for taking the time to share.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 03:05 PM   #4
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

Thanks for sharing.
Really looking forward to this event.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 06:08 PM   #5
MinnieSueB
Two Bedroom

Sounds like a fun night. Yes, thank you for sharing your experience.
MinnieSueB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 09:09 AM   #6
Raspus
Grand Villa

Glad you had a good time at MM. We were also there that night. We had a good time and are happy these events are being held again. Hope they do them again next year.