home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-20-2022, 02:48 PM   #1
sawickipedia
Grand Villa

Default So you got Covid at Disney Trip Report (Just got back)

I see lots of folks were there last week like my family and I were sorry I didn't reach out to all the folks in town for the HS DVC night because I got Covid last week at Disney!

I'm 3x boosted (last in Feb) so I'll be fine - it's just a super annoying just sinus cold in my case.

So not much of a trip for me to report on because I was isolating in my room mostly. I managed to get outside and avoid others but a very unusual trip to be sure!

for disney news - check out/follow my disney twitter list of leading WDW news sites

home resorts: bwv/blt/pvb/aul/riv
1982 - PR / 1984 - PR / 2012 - PR / 2014 - DL (off-resort) / 2015 - POR / 2017 - POR / 2018 - BCV & BWV/ 2019 - BWV & BWV / 2020 - RIV, PVB & BWV / 2021 - BWV, RiV, BWV

NEXT TRiP Easter 2022 BWV
sawickipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 03:22 PM   #2
bubster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawickipedia View Post
I see lots of folks were there last week like my family and I were sorry I didn't reach out to all the folks in town for the HS DVC night because I got Covid last week at Disney!

I'm 3x boosted (last in Feb) so I'll be fine - it's just a super annoying just sinus cold in my case.

So not much of a trip for me to report on because I was isolating in my room mostly. I managed to get outside and avoid others but a very unusual trip to be sure!
So sorry to hear this. Way to put a major crimp in your vacation. Hope you’re feeling better soon.
Old 06-20-2022, 03:29 PM   #3
wiltony
Two Bedroom

Hope you feel better soon! I was also well-vaccinated when I got it. It barely registered. I had the sniffles and lost my sense of taste and smell for 3 days, but otherwise had no other symptoms. No fatigue, no cough, no breathing issues, no headache, nothing. Thank you to the medical experts who have devoted their lives and careers to developing those vaccines!
wiltony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 04:00 PM   #4
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Ugh, sorry. Feel better soon!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 04:50 PM   #5
pooh bears mom
Add-on Aficionado

Ugh! so sorry to hear. That does put a damper on the trip. My son had a 104 temp when we arrived back in 2010. We spent the entire time in the room. I was able to upgrade my ticket back then for the nonexpiring version so he and I still have five days on that ticket - although he was only seven at the time so his ticket is for a junior - not sure they would let him use it
I think we got AP's every year after that
Old 06-20-2022, 06:11 PM   #6
PirateLinda
Two Bedroom

Oh no! So sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better soon.

Upcoming Trips:
3/22/22 - 3/25/22 Kidani
4/26/22 - 5/3/22 SSR
8/28/22 - 9/2/22 OKW
9/30/22 - 10/7/22 Kidani
12/4/22 - 12/10/22 OKW
PirateLinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 06:18 PM   #7
brp
Add-on Aficionado

First and foremost, glad you're OK and that the vaccinations are doing what we expected. The rest is incidental after that, albeit [Brian]shitty[/Brian0.

Cheers.
Old 06-20-2022, 06:27 PM   #8
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Ugh I am so sorry! We managed to make it through our trip and be fine. My husband tested positive beyond the window after we got back - meaning he got it after we returned to "lower risk level" home. He just tested negative though today again so he can rejoin the living soon. Fortunately also he hardly had any symptoms. I thought his voice sounded different so I made him test. He wouldn't have otherwise. We're still negative too for my kid and I (even knowing I've been 11 months since I got the booster in the trial) Hope others came out unscathed.
Old 06-20-2022, 07:03 PM   #9
Joeli
Grand Villa

It’s been about 4 weeks since me and DS tested positive. Him and I were both double vaccinated and I was additionally boostered. He had an elevated temp for a few days, and I had bad sinus congestion. We quarantined together in our playroom at home…not a bad place if you ask me! Lol

We both tested negative at the 10 day mark. He has had an elevated temp again about two weeks later got over it in a couple of days. He just got another reoccurrence with a fever early this morning and threw up (poor thing)… I’m just dealing with light congestion and throat clearing.

DW and DS8 tested negative throughout…

We spoke to some other families with little ones, and this cyclic fever thing happened like 3 times, over 4 weeks, and also had some stomach distress. Then it was gone for good…

Who knows…but I can tell you that I truly believe without the vaccines we would have been in a worse situation..

2022 Aug - CCV Special BDAY trip
2022 and on: Vacation house - woo hoo!

Done:
2021 (Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Oct, Nov, Dec/Jan) - AKV (K), PVB, BLT, BLT, PVB, PVB, PVB/BWV
2020 (Jan, Mar, Mar/Apr/May/May/Jun, Sept, Aug, Oct, Nov) - Swan, PVB, PVB/PVB/AKV/AKV/PVB, DCL Fantasy - (COVID-19 BOO), BCV, BWV, PVB (bungalow)
Joeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 01:14 AM   #10
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
First and foremost, glad you're OK and that the vaccinations are doing what we expected. The rest is incidental after that, albeit [Brian]shitty[/Brian0.

Cheers.

Shitty, indeed!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote