home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-20-2022, 10:16 AM   #1
DMKEDM
Two Bedroom

Default Beach Club/Boardwalk 6 18-6 24

There are five of us here this week...me at BCV and my DD, DSIL, DGD and DGS at the Boardwalk...I arrived Saturday (w/out any of the flight issues the news is full of today); the rest of our group got here Sunday (also w/out flight issues)...

We're on each other's reservations (so we can use each other's pools), and that has caused some minor issues that defy "fixing"...my dd can't see her reservation on her MDE (only sees my BCV reservation, which she's on), so she can't use her phone to open her villa door...I can't see her reservation on my phone, either, altho I can on my laptop...but we got keycards for each other's resorts and those work just fine. So not a big deal, just another example of Disney's less-than-stellar IT...

I'm just a little bit under the weather this morning (nothing serious), so I sent the family off to Hollywood Studios w/out me...I'll meet up w/them later today ...I'm already beginning to feel better so am sure it will all work out. We had a wonderful day at Epcot yesterday...DD and DGS loved-loved-loved Guardians of the Galaxy (I got us a boarding group at 7 yesterday morning)...DSIL and DGD declined to try it; both had issues that made it sound like no fun to them. I rode w/DD and DGS and enjoyed it as much as I did when I did the special 2-day preview-ride trip last month...

Crowds aren't bad...only Epcot has available park reservations this week, but I'd say crowd levels are pretty close to normal (pre-COVID normal for late June, that is)...ride wait times are generally between 45 and 60 minutes for the headline rides, and less for the less popular attractions (none of us is interested in/willing to do Genie+)...we all have park hoppers (me thru an AP)...it's very hot (highs in the mid 90s) and humid...but late afternoon storms cool things down and make evenings pleasant--so far, anyway...

Life is good. I'm happy to be here as are my family members...we have dinner tonight at Chefs de France (Raglan Road tomorrow evening, Space 220 Wednesday afternoon, and Turf Club Thursday evening)--the food booths at Epcot were a big hit yesterday, and will be again as the week goes on, I'm sure...DD said she had the best hot dog she's ever tasted at the food booth on the way to Mexico from Future World...I'm a fan of the seared scallops, also on that path (coming from International Gateway)...

I did discover one big screw-up (by me), but it's not that big a deal...my trip has always been from 6/18-6/25...DD's is 6/19-6/24...but I apparently booked her until 6/25 at the Boardwalk...I'm going to call MS to see if I can drop that last night, but since we're 2 days into the reservation, I expect I won't be able to...all my fault, tho, so no complaints except about my own stupidity...

The CMs here and at BWV are nicer than the CMs have been for years now...back to making me feel like there's nothing too much to ask for, and making me glad I'm spending my money at Disney...we haven't had many issues at all, so it's just general niceness...but the level of niceness has absolutely increased, noticeably!

Tomorrow we go to Magic Kingdom; we'll see if that extra-niceness is in play over there, too...

Happy day, all...Dani
DMKEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 11:24 AM   #2
SnowWhite4
Grand Villa

Thanks for taking us along. Have fun! My extended family just arrived home late Sat. night and had two flight delays but no cancellations. They stayed at the BCVs and had a great time.
Old 06-20-2022, 03:51 PM   #3
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Enjoy! Thanks for taking the time to share.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 05:25 AM   #4
DMKEDM
Two Bedroom

Good morning, all...here it is day four (of 8) at BCV...life is good...crowds were noticeably higher yesterday, but not unmanageable. Kind of funny that a Monday (albeit a holiday Monday) was so much busier than the weekend...we did Hollywood Studios in the morning (altho I bailed early given that I was feeling just a bit under the weather), and Epcot in the evening...DSIL and DGS got new light sabers and they are SO excited w/their new toys...it's a pleasure to watch them...

Both my DD and I noticed and commented on how very very nice the CMs are this week--everywhere. Only one exception (at Soarin, late in the day (around 8 p.m.), and she wasn't anything "bad," just not so noticeably nice...it's a return to the days of yore (as in 20 years ago or more) when I first fell in love w/Disney and thought people were so nice to me here that I was very very happy to spend all my money at Disney! It does add so much extra pleasure to a Disney trip to have every CM you encounter just be so very very nice...

Had a good Chefs de France dinner and brought the leftovers back--made me realize that I actually will miss the fridge when we stay at the GFV resort villa in September...but it's really not a big deal...

It's HOT and HUMID here (pretty much August level) and that is not ideal...but it is normal for FL in the summer...we just go out prepared to sweat (and sweat we do) and spend quite a lot of time in the pool...in fact, I'm getting ready to hit the pool now for my morning exercise swim before heading to Magic Kingdom for the morning...then lunch at Steak 71 at the Contemporary, then afternoon rest/pool time, then off to Disney Springs for our Raglan Road dinner...

My under-the-weather-ness eased up yesterday afternoon and I'm a-ok now--no clue what happened...it "acted" like something I ate...but it was a carbon copy of my issues from last month, which seems strange. I'll have to review what I ate (I keep a food diary to help me w/weight control, so I have a record) to see if there's something from both then and this time that might be a culprit. Or maybe it's just "luck of the draw"...anyway, it wasn't all that bad and now it's gone, so who cares?

OK...off to swim ahead of another wonderful day of Disney magic!
DMKEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 07:50 AM   #5
swat08
One Bedroom

Have a great trip - sounds like you are so far! Excited to hear about your Sept in VGF resort villa - we have a stay in January that I am so excited for!! Enjoy!
swat08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 08:21 AM   #6
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

Sounds like a fun trip. DH had a 'not right' feeling - turned out to be a high diastolic BP.
Old 06-21-2022, 08:56 AM   #7
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
Sounds like a fun trip. DH had a 'not right' feeling - turned out to be a high diastolic BP.
That's either Blood Pressure or Burp
Old 06-21-2022, 08:27 PM   #8
PirateLinda
Two Bedroom

Thanks for sharing your trip. Have a wonderful time! It goes by so fast.

Upcoming Trips:
3/22/22 - 3/25/22 Kidani
4/26/22 - 5/3/22 SSR
8/28/22 - 9/2/22 OKW
9/30/22 - 10/7/22 Kidani
12/4/22 - 12/10/22 OKW
PirateLinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 11:47 AM   #9
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

I just cannot do that kind of heat. Wow, kudos to you!

Enjoy!

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,
2015, 2016, 2017 (Family)
henrycpa91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 02:20 PM   #10
Eli's Nana
One Bedroom

Enjoying hearing all about your trip. Hope your magical trip continues!
Eli's Nana is offline   Reply With Quote