home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-16-2022, 12:09 PM   #1
OldHalfElf
One Bedroom

Default Guest limit on DVC Dining Discount?

I received an e-mail pointing me at the "just dropped" June Member Insider this morning.

Under the "Delicious Discounts Await" heading, I was taken to a web page,

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go...bid=1145766357 ,

which had small print at the bottom stating:

"Discount is off the regular price of food and non-alcoholic beverages, excluding tax and gratuity, and is valid for the Member and up to 3 Guests, unless otherwise noted."

This may qualify as a stupid question under another thread, but I didn't recall the DVC discount being limited to four total people previously? I feel like I have received it on a group of six, without DW hauling out her card in addition to mine, to pay for a second check.

Thanks.

OldHalfElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 12:17 PM   #2
DrDisney
Studio

It has been that way as long as I can remember, almost 10 years. Just because they allowed the discount for more people doesn't mean the policy as stated is incorrect or new. I have received the discount for my entire party even when it was more than 4 people.
DrDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 12:24 PM   #3
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

I remember this in 2015 even when we had a larger group. It's been that way a while.
Old 06-16-2022, 12:29 PM   #4
OldHalfElf
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDisney View Post
It has been that way as long as I can remember, almost 10 years. Just because they allowed the discount for more people doesn't mean the policy as stated is incorrect or new. I have received the discount for my entire party even when it was more than 4 people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
I remember this in 2015 even when we had a larger group. It's been that way a while.
Thank you both!

As membership verification via SmartPhone replaces cards, it will be interesting to see if limit enforcement changes.

Old 06-16-2022, 01:25 PM   #5
DrDisney
Studio

I was there end of April and received the discount for a group of 5 at Steakhouse 71. I was the only DVC member and showed them my card on my phone. No questions asked. Excellent meal, so I would highly recommend the restaurant.
DrDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 02:39 PM   #6
Doug Disney
Two Bedroom

So far this week we have eaten at Steakhouse 71, Raglan Road, Boma, Ale and Compass, and the Brown Derby. I used AP at all for 16 people and only at Boma did they ask for multiple IDs for the discount.
Doug Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 06:35 AM   #7
ocean702
Two Bedroom

We are typically only a group of 4 so Iíve never known about this rule, but seems kinda silly. Has there been enough abuse in the past where a dvc person is like oh I want the discount for my family grouo and those random strangers at table 2,3,4, and 5? I know others travel with larger families or friends groups but is it really enough people that have large parties that Disney feels they are losing money on the discount?
ocean702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 07:32 AM   #8
amydevoe
Two Bedroom

I knew there was fine print that stated a limit to the number of people but I always thought it was 8 for some reason.
amydevoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 08:19 AM   #9
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean702 View Post
We are typically only a group of 4 so Iíve never known about this rule, but seems kinda silly. Has there been enough abuse in the past where a dvc person is like oh I want the discount for my family grouo and those random strangers at table 2,3,4, and 5? I know others travel with larger families or friends groups but is it really enough people that have large parties that Disney feels they are losing money on the discount?
I'll be deal only one time has this come up as an issue. We had lunch as a group of 6 and they didn't ask for 2 though we could produce two. In 2015 it came up. Weirdly even though we have 2 card holders they only did it for 4. We were going to say more but my FIL who was paying was saying he was appreciative and just handed the credit card over not realizing. He's not a man you can correct

It was the only time it came up that way. But I want to say it did so I know some care.
Old 06-17-2022, 10:51 PM   #10
OldHalfElf
One Bedroom

On a side note, it is interesting that Chefs de France is (remains?) missing from the list at:

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go...ffers/#/dining .

Combined with the continuing closure of M. Paul's, this would seem to erode French cuisine accessibility, the new crepes availability notwithstanding.