home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-13-2022, 08:23 AM   #1
Raspus
Grand Villa

Default Moonlight Magic trip June 2022

The whole purpose of this trip is to attend the Moonlight Magic event at HS. We leave bright and early tomorrow morning. We are staying at SSR in a preferred studio. It was the only resort we could get when we decided to go to MM. This will be our first ever stay at this resort. Hope we like it.

This will be our second trip to the Flower and Garden festival this year. Looking forward to eating our favorites and trying the places we missed the first time.

I’ll try to update the report while we’re there if I have time. We’ll see how it goes.
Old 06-13-2022, 09:01 AM   #2
M2JRA
Studio

I hope you have a wonderful time! My family is attending the July 14 MM at DHS, so I'll be very interested to hear your thoughts afterwards.
Safe travels!!
Me DH & DD#1 (22) DD#2 (19) DD#3 (17)
M2JRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 01:38 PM   #3
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Would live to hear about MM. I have SsR studio for Aug 31 for the AK one but may drop it. We love SSR so I feel like you will enjoy it.

Owners since 2006- BWV, CCV & AKV
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 02:43 PM   #4
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Enjoy!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 09:54 AM   #5
Raspus
Grand Villa

Tuesday

We were up early again. I would love a later time but it was not to be. We were at the airport by 6 and it wasn’t very busy. My wife got her wheelchair and we breezed through security. Soon we landed in Orlando. We rented a car from Alamo. Love just going to the garage. Our room wasn’t ready yet but because we had never stayed at SSR before we drove to the Carriage Hose to check in.

I was met by 2 CM who wanted to help. I told them I needed to check in and pick up a wheelchair for my wife. I gave them her name. One man walked me in to the front desk and the other went to bell services to get the wheelchair.
He brought the chair to me. They were both very nice and helpful. Once that was done we drove over to Disney Springs. We parked in the Lime garage and shopped in the Uniglo store. My wife needed to replace her Dumbo shirt. We did and we’ll have to do it again as I managed to lose the package. Next we went to Ghirardelli’s and split a hot fudge sundae which was delicious. My wife thought it was smaller than it used to be.

I checked MDE and we had our room number. We are in Congress Park. We found our room and brought in our luggage. It was very hot out so we waited until 5:30 before we went to Epcot. We wanted to try some things that we missed on our last trip so we headed off to test track. The booth was Sunshine Griddle. We had the corned beef brisket hash and the fried cinnamon bites. Booth were delicious and filled us up. We took the last boat from Canada to Morocco so we could enjoy our new tradition. We went to France, found a bench and enjoyed our champagne. It started to sprinkle so we decided to leave. Went back to the room. We were very tried after a early and long travel day.
Old 06-15-2022, 10:26 AM   #6
Adelard of Bath
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspus View Post
I was met by 2 CM who wanted to help. I told them I needed to check in and pick up a wheelchair for my wife. I gave them her name. One man walked me in to the front desk and the other went to bell services to get the wheelchair. He brought the chair to me. They were both very nice and helpful.
I read your statement and I instantly felt like that's how it is when we go, too (OKW for us). That's why we keep going on Disney vacations.
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 12:06 PM   #7
swat08
One Bedroom

Hope you like SSR - it's one of our favorites!
swat08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 10:20 AM   #8
Raspus
Grand Villa

Wednesday

We took our time getting ready. We had breakfast in the room before leaving for MK. We got very lucky with finding a parking spot. Once in the park we went to a favorite spot and enjoyed the cheeseburger spring rolls. We went to Mickey’s PhilharMagic. We haven’t seen it for quite a while. Enjoyed the new Coco segment. We then wandered around checking out various gift stores. Then we went to the Tiki Birds. The show was crowded. I think everyone was looking for some air conditioning. It was very hot outside.

We had an ADR for Tony’s so we walked over there. We got there early and found a seat. It was very busy and it took a while before we were seated. They were running about 30 minutes behind. At least it was cool. Our meal was delicious. We both had spaghetti and meatballs. The best part of the meal was the garlic bread for the table. It was wonderful. We loved it.

After lunch/dinner we went back to our room. Did I mention that it was hot? I could feel the heat coming from the pavement. Once in our room we took a break for a while. Once the sun started to go down we went over to Epcot. We got our glasses of champagne which continued our new tradition. After we finished them we went back to our room after stopping for some pop and snacks.

Tomorrow is the reason for the trip - Moonlight Magic.

Old 06-16-2022, 11:40 AM   #9
Adelard of Bath
Grand Villa

Love the relaxed vacationing style - I feel like I'm reading about a trip I took with my wife.

She loves the cheeseburger spring rolls, too
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 01:22 PM   #10
M2JRA
Studio

Sounds like a wonderful trip so far!
Love the slower pace; that's what I'm hoping for on our trip this summer, too.
Me DH & DD#1 (22) DD#2 (19) DD#3 (17)
M2JRA is offline   Reply With Quote