home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: Park Reservations - Love them or Hate them?
Love! 1 0.56%
Like 1 0.56%
Neutral 13 7.22%
Dislike 34 18.89%
Hate 37 20.56%
Despise and Hate, Hate, Hate 94 52.22%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-27-2022, 09:38 AM   #1
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Default Park Reservations....Love or Hate Poll

It kind of boggled my mind when I read Chapek stating people like the park reservations (forgive me for not posting the link, but I read it here and don't recall which thread it was posted in). But, all the people I speak with seem to have the opposite opinion. I have made Disney aware of how this new feature affects our vacation style in a very negative way but figured I'd post my first poll here to gather some data to provide to Disney the next time I write them.
Old 05-27-2022, 09:48 AM   #2
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

For my vote, its Despise and Hate, Hate Hate. Our vacation style is no cell phones and walking up to the bus stop and jumping on the first bus that pulls up. I can't fathom being micromanaged while on vacation, let alone paying for it, thus our Disney vacation style has come to a screeching halt. I want to see Disney accommodating all vacations styles, not just the super planners, so I'm going to bat for it with my correspondence to them.
Old 05-27-2022, 09:58 AM   #3
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

hate, despite, hate, loathe, detest. all of it!

It's too locked in now. I remember last year thinking, maybe we could just scoot down there for Thanksgiving week, last minute. nope. NO park reservations anywhere. And now one is locked into their choice if they wait too long, and nothing else becomes available. I know we can park hop after 2, but that's just not the same.
We'll see how it all goes next week .Will be first trip for me since 2020!
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 10:04 AM   #4
brp
Add-on Aficionado

I voted "neutral" as we already plan in advance which parks we'll go to on which days. So the park reservation system is a NOP to us since it is a minor added step to do what we already. We did this back in the FP+ days and it has just become the way we do things. No reason to change. I also expect that, at some point, some form of paid advance selections will become available again.

With that said, I don't see any reason to actually "like" this. What advantage does it provide? It may not be a detriment (as in our case), but that's as good as I can see it getting.

Now, if you decide to make a poll about the limited (2PM) hopping, you'll get a different answer from me

Cheers.

Last edited by brp; 05-27-2022 at 10:10 AM.
brp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 10:10 AM   #5
cedel47
Studio

Despise, Hate Hate Hate

Just an extreme annoyance that removes the fluidity of being on vacation.

Plans change, which force you to enter a park only to turn around and exit because you need to satisfy a stupid corporate edict that doesn't even keep the crowds at a decent level for which the park reservation system was intended for.
cedel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 10:11 AM   #6
Eli's Nana
One Bedroom

I voted hate, but now that I think about it, despise is a better description. I am a planner, yet this whole park reservation system is just way too much trouble... and once you add in Genie+ and all the extra scheduling it's just not fun... And vacation is when (in my opinion) the cell phones should get set aside...
Eli's Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 10:17 AM   #7
coffeeroasters
Grand Villa

I said Dislike. Yes, I did plan on what parks what days when we could get FP. I haven't been down since Genie+ started and on the last visit was before we could hop after 2pm. That one is really disliked by me.

Is there good coffee at Disney World?
Yes! In my villa when I am at WDW.

French Press Coffee Service 2 out of 3 not bad.

2015 MouseOwners NCAA Bracket Champion
coffeeroasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 10:40 AM   #8
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

While I'm not a big fan of Park Reservations, I have found the system manageable to date. We tend to be pretty predictable vacationers so the first three days of vacation aren't an issue. I have had to change a park reservation. So far that hasn't been a problem. I do think the 2p hopping deadline should be moved up as we often find ourselves either hitting a beverage station to kill time before we can move to another park or starting our day later.
Old 05-27-2022, 11:00 AM   #9
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

Hate. Hate. Hate. Jim Carry voice from the Grinch.
I voted despise, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate….

And…right now, I hate them more than I have ever hated anything in my life! It’s okay to hate an object or thing. I try not to use hate when referring to a person. My mom taught me that.

Perhaps others will see this too so they know it’s an issue IT is working on. It’s on the ask a stupid question thread too.

Right now, I cannot modify or cancel any of DH’s park passes because…wait for it, Disney’s IT is messed up. The CM indicated I wasn’t alone. I just spent a decent amount of time digging out my park pass for tomorrow for Epcot to prove I have it. Hopefully we can get in. It didn’t seem to impact our entrance earlier in the week. It did not make me feel great yesterday when I was getting random cancellation emails either from MDE
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 11:07 AM   #10
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

I might hate park reservations if Disney would give me a chance, but the whole genie+ fiasco (with associated loss of FP+) is all the hate I can handle. Park reservations are almost fun compared to that!