home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-13-2022, 02:35 PM   #1
runner1219
Studio

Default Room Availability

This will be our first trip back to Disney since before Covid. We usually take an early flight in and have been lucky in the past with our room being ready. It will also be our first time staying at BWV. I know with staffing shortages it is taking longer to turnover rooms. I was just wondering what other's experiences have been having rooms ready prior to official check in time at BWV?
runner1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 02:52 PM   #2
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Pretty bad even pre-covid. I only had my room ready once by 4pm. One time we had the notification at 4pm and they were still cleaning. Though I had a nasty check in person who got mad when I asked for first available and intentionally didn't give it to us (long story, but kind CMs after 3pm helped us get a room).
Old 05-13-2022, 03:44 PM   #3
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Unfortunately out of all my resort stays, BWV tends to be the one that gets us in our room later than sooner. But, the great location makes up for it as you can drop everything off at bell services and stroll to Epcot or Hollywood Studios while you are waiting. (AKV Jambo has been the best consistency for early entrance to our room.)
Old 05-13-2022, 04:36 PM   #4
bubster
Add-on Aficionado

We checked into BWV last Sunday and didn’t get the room ready text til nearly 5:00 pm. I was getting pretty testy until I realized it was just down the hall from our DD’s room. Can’t be angry went they gave us exactly our specific request.

Hope you don’t have too long to wait for your room.

Last edited by bubster; 05-14-2022 at 07:05 AM.
bubster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 05:15 PM   #5
PurrfectPrincess
Two Bedroom

Donít count on it!
PurrfectPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 07:44 PM   #6
SherriH
Studio

Even pre-covid we tend to average the 'room ready' text somewhere between 2:30 and 3:30. It's never been after 4, but also never early in the day. No complaints - we expect it.
SherriH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 11:45 PM   #7
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
Unfortunately out of all my resort stays, BWV tends to be the one that gets us in our room later than sooner. But, the great location makes up for it as you can drop everything off at bell services and stroll to Epcot or Hollywood Studios while you are waiting. (AKV Jambo has been the best consistency for early entrance to our room.)
AKL has consistently been the earliest check in for us, with BRV a pretty close second. BWV has been hit or miss, but weíve probably had slightly more early check ins than late. My latest check in ever was PVB. Well after 5pm before I got my room assigned. And I didnít have any special requests. But Iíve only stayed there once, so thatís purely anecdotal.
Old 05-14-2022, 10:49 AM   #8
johnb
One Bedroom

No idea why, but we've had better luck on the BW Inn side with both room ready time and location requests.