home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-13-2022, 05:00 AM   #1
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

Default VGF2 open for online booking NOW!

Looks like we don't need to wait for 8am Eastern to begin booking VGF2 if we are inside the usual 7/11 month windows.

Anyone planning to book one of the new resort studios today? I got my after Thanksgiving stay all set. Looks like no dates are sold out yet, but it's not quite 5 am Eastern yet, either.LOL.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 08:44 AM   #2
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
Looks like we don't need to wait for 8am Eastern to begin booking VGF2 if we are inside the usual 7/11 month windows.

Anyone planning to book one of the new resort studios today? I got my after Thanksgiving stay all set. Looks like no dates are sold out yet, but it's not quite 5 am Eastern yet, either.LOL.
Thanks. I ended up securing rooms for my August trip already at VGF (my son loves the splash pad), but this opens up additional options.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 10:12 AM   #3
eandjmom
Two Bedroom

Thank you! Secured 2 studios for my weekend with my mom and sisters in November.
eandjmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 11:30 AM   #4
JiminyFan
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Looking forward to booking one for our early May 2023 trip. While I love the bathroom setup in the deluxe studios, we can manage with one less shower. Having a second bed is more important. We checked out the murphy bed recently added to the deluxe studios. It is certainly an improvement over the pullout sofa mattress. But we found it to be entirely too firm for our comfort. I really wish there were some softer mattress options for those of us with lower back issues.
JiminyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 11:38 AM   #5
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiminyFan View Post
Looking forward to booking one for our early May 2023 trip. While I love the bathroom setup in the deluxe studios, we can manage with one less shower. Having a second bed is more important. We checked out the murphy bed recently added to the deluxe studios. It is certainly an improvement over the pullout sofa mattress. But we found it to be entirely too firm for our comfort. I really wish there were some softer mattress options for those of us with lower back issues.
You can ask for toppers as an FYI. oddly with someone with massive back issues, too soft makes it worse so I love the murphy beds right now.
Old 05-13-2022, 11:57 AM   #6
JiminyFan
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
You can ask for toppers as an FYI. oddly with someone with massive back issues, too soft makes it worse so I love the murphy beds right now.
I was not aware of this option. I will definitely request one for our next stay. Thank you!
JiminyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 12:28 PM   #7
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiminyFan View Post
I was not aware of this option. I will definitely request one for our next stay. Thank you!
They are first come first serve of course but we used them for the sleeper sofas. Definitely good for those who need a softer cushion
Old 05-13-2022, 12:38 PM   #8
richviii
Two Bedroom

We want to move our ressie but the lack of a microwave really has us paused. Hard to have a 1BR at BLT with two bathrooms and a kitchen to jump at GFV. We haven't stayed at grand but everyone went "no microwave?"

Recent
2021 Dec BCV/BLT, Oct - 50th at BLT, March - BCV, Jan - BCV - COVID Cancelled
2020 Dec - COVID Cancelled - Oct - BCV/DRR, May - DCL and DRR - COVID Cancelled 2019 Jan - AKV, Apr - HHI, Apr - CCV, BCV, May - Off-Site, Jun Poly, Nov BLT 2018 Jan - Swan & Dolphin, Apr - BCV, July - Disneyland, Sept - BLT, Nov - Swan & Dolphin, BLT 2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani, Dec - BWV & BLT 2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 12:44 PM   #9
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by richviii View Post
We want to move our ressie but the lack of a microwave really has us paused. Hard to have a 1BR at BLT with two bathrooms and a kitchen to jump at GFV. We haven't stayed at grand but everyone went "no microwave?"
Doesn't matter to us for short stays. We like to be close to the MK for a few days before we move to EPCOT area for the longer part of our stay.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 03:17 PM   #10
eandjmom
Two Bedroom

I am curious to find out the difference between what they are listing as a "beverage cooler" and a refrigerator.
eandjmom is offline   Reply With Quote