home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-10-2022, 10:20 AM   #1
Ccarroll1100
Grand Villa

Default Upgrade to AP during black out dates?

If I buy a 5 day tickets say for Christmas week can I apply the price of that ticket to the Scorcerers pass? (Last day of trip)
Ccarroll1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 10:26 AM   #2
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccarroll1100 View Post
If I buy a 5 day tickets say for Christmas week can I apply the price of that ticket to the Scorcerers pass? (Last day of trip)
While it was allowed previously, it's unknown what the policy will be once Disney starts selling new annual passes again.
Old 05-10-2022, 10:34 AM   #3
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccarroll1100 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
While it was allowed previously, it's unknown what the policy will be once Disney starts selling new annual passes again.
I may be mistaken, but I don't think this was ever possible. While it had historically been possible to apply ticket values to an AP upgrade, my understanding was that the upgrade had to be to a pass that covered any dates/parks for which the ticket had already used. Thus, since the Sorcerer Pass is blocked out on Christmas week, I don't think you'd be able to do the upgrade you are envisioning.

I've never been in that exact situation at WDW (was in the same for spring break at Universal), so someone should correct me if I'm wrong. But, this was always my understanding.
Old 05-10-2022, 10:42 AM   #4
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyfan0805 View Post
I may be mistaken, but I don't think this was ever possible. While it had historically been possible to apply ticket values to an AP upgrade, my understanding was that the upgrade had to be to a pass that covered any dates/parks for which the ticket had already used. Thus, since the Sorcerer Pass is blocked out on Christmas week, I don't think you'd be able to do the upgrade you are envisioning.
Block out dates were never an issue previously.

The only issue with ticket upgrades to an AP was with the Water Park & More Fun options. If you had a ticket that included that option and any of those extras were used, you could only upgrade to an AP that included those options.
Old 05-10-2022, 10:56 AM   #5
Princess Mom
One Bedroom

Quote:
We've done this exact scenario a few years ago. Upgraded on the last day of a Christmas week vacation to a pass that included those days as blackout dates. I did think we needed to have a day extra on the pass. Can't remember now. It's a sneaky, but allowed, way to buy a cheaper pass. It only works if the vacation with the blackout dates is the first vacation on the pass.
Princess Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 11:59 AM   #6
MinnieSueB
Two Bedroom

Can I just express again how upset I am that DVC cannot purchase APs!
Need one for my DH. We leave in 2 weeks & my hopes are not high that they will be back.
MinnieSueB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 12:05 PM   #7
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Mom View Post
We've done this exact scenario a few years ago. Upgraded on the last day of a Christmas week vacation to a pass that included those days as blackout dates. I did think we needed to have a day extra on the pass. Can't remember now. It's a sneaky, but allowed, way to buy a cheaper pass. It only works if the vacation with the blackout dates is the first vacation on the pass.
Thanks for the correction.
Old 05-10-2022, 01:24 PM   #8
Princess Mom
One Bedroom

Quote:
Thanks for the correction.
No promises this will continue if/when annual passes go back on sale. Always a risk...
Princess Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 01:34 PM   #9
Goofy Dad 13
Grand Villa

As others have said, may or may not be allowed, if/when APs are available (might they not have the Sorcerer pass and only the top tier?). When we did it years ago we had to do in person, the day we did it was at end of the trip and that day needed to be a non-blackout date.

Scott

MOD 13

Goofy Dad 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 05:15 PM   #10
OldHalfElf
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieSueB View Post
Can I just express again how upset I am that DVC cannot purchase APs!
Need one for my DH. We leave in 2 weeks & my hopes are not high that they will be back.
Hear, hear!

Although we have never purchased any flavor of AP before, DW has been persuaded that our most recent DVC point acquisition justifies some form of non-Floridian AP. However, none are to be had.

How many booster shots does one need to qualify for an Incredipass?

OldHalfElf is offline   Reply With Quote