home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-28-2022, 10:38 AM   #1
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Default Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Returns to Walt Disney World Resort This Fall

Just announced on the Disney Parks Blog.

As a part of this limited-capacity event, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party attendees will encounter event-exclusive entertainment, notorious Disney villains, frightfully delicious menu items and more! Here’s some of what’s in store:
  • The Headless Horseman will ride his ghostly steed down Main Street, U.S.A. as a prelude to “Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade,” which features floats filled with Disney Characters dressed in their Halloween best, Disney villains and the Haunted Mansion graveyard diggers.
  • What’s Halloween without candy? During Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, guests can go trick-or-treating for M&M’S, SKITTLES, SNICKERS, and other Halloween favorites at locations throughout Magic Kingdom Park. And new this year, guests will also receive a reusable trick-or-treat bag featuring a keepsake 50th Anniversary celebration and Halloween design.
  • Join the Sanderson Sisters during the “Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular” stage show at Cinderella Castle as they call upon their frightening colleagues to conjure the ultimate “Hocus Pocus” Party Potion.
  • Celebrate the season alongside favorite Disney characters as they take over the park for their favorite party of the year.
  • Overlays themed for the occasion will return to several popular Magic Kingdom attractions: Space Mountain, Mad Tea Party, Pirates of the Caribbean and Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor.
  • The Pumpkin King himself, Jack Skellington, will host “Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular.” This can’t-miss nighttime extravaganza features projections, special effects and lighting mixed with fireworks, music and Disney characters.
  • Discover sweet and savory menu items inspired by fall flavors and the Halloween season.
  • NEW! In honor of the 50th Anniversary celebration, we’re adding even more fun to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party this year in the form of event-exclusive step-in photo opportunities. And in addition to the reusable trick-or-treating tote bag, guests will also receive a Halloween-themed 50thAnniversary celebration commemorative print.

Tickets for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party may be purchased online or by calling 407-939-4240 beginning May 18. Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels can begin purchasing tickets as early as May 12. Ticket prices will range from $109 – $199. The event dates are:
  • August: 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, 30
  • September: 2, 5, 9, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 23, 25, 27, 29, 30
  • October: 2, 4, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21, 23, 25, 27, 28, 30, 31
Walt Disney World Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club members may purchase specially priced tickets for select dates.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ort-this-fall/
Old 04-28-2022, 10:59 AM   #2
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

Are the select dates available yet or only during the call? I'd only go in August
Old 04-28-2022, 11:16 AM   #3
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
Are the select dates available yet or only during the call? I'd only go in August
If you are referring to the AP/DVC discounted nights, it should be many of the Aug/Sept dates. AP & DVC discounted tickets should be available online once sales start.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tickets/events/
Old 04-28-2022, 11:19 AM   #4
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
Usually just the super busy dates get blocked out. So like definitely no discount Oct 31st and none the weekend leading up too. Granted it can change but here's the 2019 blurb

Quote:
Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party will be held on 36 nights from late August thru November. On most nights, Disney Vacation Club members receive a $5 discount off the normal advance purchase price.

Dates and member prices are as follows:

August 20, 27, September 2, 8, 10, 15, 17, 22: Adult $74, Child $69
August 16, 23, 30, September 6, 13, 20, 24, 27, 29, October 1: Adult $80, Child $75
October 3, 6, 8, 10, 14, 15, 17, 20, 21, 24: Adult $100, Child $95
October 4, 11, 18, 25, 27, November 1: Adult $110, Child $105

Parties on October 29 and 31 are not eligible for the discounts. Prices above do not include tax
Old 04-28-2022, 11:33 AM   #5
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Usually just the super busy dates get blocked out. So like definitely no discount Oct 31st and none the weekend leading up too. Granted it can change but here's the 2019 blurb
Thanks! If I end up having to book August with these holding points I have to use, it will be a good plus.
Old 04-28-2022, 11:53 AM   #6
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

Oh fun. We will be there for Halloween weekend before getting on the cruise on Monday. Bummer there is no discount then, but that is ok with me. I am excited to do this once again--it has been so long.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 11:56 AM   #7
broganmc
Grand Villa

Awesome! Now if they'd just offer the Party Season pass like they did in 2019, I'd get that for myself. I'm there for the entire month of October. Went to 7 parties in 2019.

I was at a Boo Bash last year but it was mediocre.

I have my family going down for Columbus Weekend (Oct 6-10) which means that Friday date would workbest for us. Not sure if the family wants to pay extra for the ticket though. A lot of us have APs now.

Upcoming:

March 20-28, 2022
October 2-29, 2022
broganmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 12:09 PM   #8
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

I see that the DVC and AP discount is only $10.00, not a great deal for one person, but it would add up for a party of 4 or 5.

Does anyone know, can the AP holder purchase tickets for everyone in their party. We have a total of 7 adults and 4 kids staying in 3 rooms at BLT. Could I purchase tickets for all of us with the discount?

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 12:41 PM   #9
broganmc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
I see that the DVC and AP discount is only $10.00, not a great deal for one person, but it would add up for a party of 4 or 5.

Does anyone know, can the AP holder purchase tickets for everyone in their party. We have a total of 7 adults and 4 kids staying in 3 rooms at BLT. Could I purchase tickets for all of us with the discount?
In past years AP holders could buy up to six tickets for their party at a discount

Upcoming:

March 20-28, 2022
October 2-29, 2022
broganmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 12:57 PM   #10
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by broganmc View Post
Awesome! Now if they'd just offer the Party Season pass like they did in 2019, I'd get that for myself. I'm there for the entire month of October. Went to 7 parties in 2019.

I was at a Boo Bash last year but it was mediocre.

I have my family going down for Columbus Weekend (Oct 6-10) which means that Friday date would workbest for us. Not sure if the family wants to pay extra for the ticket though. A lot of us have APs now.
I remember these passes causing a lot of backlash with locals cramming up viewing spots for shows and lines for rare character meets. I would not be surprised if they remain a thing of the past.