home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-21-2022, 07:48 AM   #1
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

Default Fantasmic!

Any good rumors on when itís opening at WDW?

I saw that they drained the water again which isnít a good sign for the show opening or the ducks.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 12:16 PM   #2
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Zero reason to attract a summer crowd, so I'll go with August/September...
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 12:29 PM   #3
Nickys
Grand Villa

One of the insiders on WDWMagic with a good track records said a couple of weeks ago that we are close to a proposed re-opening date BUT that two announcement dates have already been missed. He said progress was moving fast and then stalled, as if theyíve hit an issue.

The owner of WDWMagic said July as far as he knows but confirmed itís an ever changing situation.

The fact theyíve drained the water again suggests thee is a problem for sure. I think July is maybe the new target date.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 12:32 PM   #4
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post

The fact they’ve drained the water again suggests thee is a problem for sure. I think July is maybe the new target date.
Yeah. Draining a swamp is never a harbinger of good things coming...

Cheers.
Old 04-21-2022, 12:51 PM   #5
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Yeah. Draining a swamp is never a harbinger of good things coming...

Cheers.

I know they bought up land under different names to keep the whole thing a secret. But I bet most people thought Disney were off their heads when the plans came out. And probably thought the project would fail.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 03:39 PM   #6
twingirls
Two Bedroom

My Mom has never gotten to see it because last time they went it stormed. We go with them in Dec. so I am crossing my fingers by then. lol
twingirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 12:48 AM   #7
Suz333
Two Bedroom

Iíll throw out a guess of October 1st. Iím going to channel my inner-Pollyanna and say that Tron will open 10/01 at MK, Fantasmic will reopen at DHS, and Epcot will have extra fireworks for their 40th.
I really am hoping for extra fireworks, but sometimes Disney likes to spread the crowds out.
Suz333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 08:27 AM   #8
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suz333 View Post
Iíll throw out a guess of October 1st. Iím going to channel my inner-Pollyanna and say that Tron will open 10/01 at MK, Fantasmic will reopen at DHS, and Epcot will have extra fireworks for their 40th.
I really am hoping for extra fireworks, but sometimes Disney likes to spread the crowds out.
Wow! I just wanted Fantasmic!
I havenít kept track of Tron close enough to know if thatís even possible at this point. I figure the previews will be messed up like for GotG though for DVC and APs.

I did book a 10/1 Epcot park reservation though just in case there is something going on. We shall see I guess.
Old 04-24-2022, 08:32 AM   #9
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
Wow! I just wanted Fantasmic!
I haven’t kept track of Tron close enough to know if that’s even possible at this point. I figure the previews will be messed up like for GotG though for DVC and APs.

I did book a 10/1 Epcot park reservation though just in case there is something going on. We shall see I guess.
They are running test of the coaster daily. They are also changing the exterior of SM gift shop at this time. While I want to believe a fall opening, I'm not holding my breath. That is one we absolutely would take a day or two trip to ride on for a preview.

I just wish they'd hurry up with the train tunnel so it can run this summer.
Old 04-24-2022, 08:46 AM   #10
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
They are running test of the coaster daily. They are also changing the exterior of SM gift shop at this time. While I want to believe a fall opening, I'm not holding my breath. That is one we absolutely would take a day or two trip to ride on for a preview.

I just wish they'd hurry up with the train tunnel so it can run this summer.
Iíll stay with ďnot getting my hopes upĒ for right now on Tron.
I am excited about this ride though!