home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-07-2022, 07:50 PM   #1
capeokw56
Grand Villa

Default Disgusted with Southwest, stuck with II points to rent?

So last night we got a text from Southwest that our flight for this morning was cancelled. I got on the computer and phone immediately. Three hours later they couldn't get us there until Saturday night on a 9 hour flight with stops which was unacceptable so we just cancelled. I think that if they cancel your flight they should just automatically book you on the next available one instead of making you jump through hoops trying to find something. We tried other airlines too but $1400 one way was just ridiculous. They're going to refund us in 30 days but the issue is our DVC points.
The reservation was 215 points. We saved 15, we're going to lose 10, and the remaining 190 are now in II.
My question is this.... does anyone know if there's a way to rent out the II points? We're unlikely to use them.

Signed,
Two very unhappy campers
capeokw56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 08:00 PM   #2
ocean702
Two Bedroom

I donít know the answer to your question but wanted to say Iím so sorry your flight was canceled and that you had to cancel your trip! I would be very unhappy too. Good luck!
ocean702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 08:29 PM   #3
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Holy Moly! Thatís beyond unacceptable! Yíall couldnít drive down, I guess? I donít know for sure about renting those points. I know when we had the RTB board here, weekend-weekend reservations werenít allowed because they might be Third party rentals, and that wasnít allowed. Hope you can salvage something out of it, though!
Old 04-07-2022, 08:43 PM   #4
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

I am so sorry. DD’s flight was canceled last week and her flight was Thursday and they had her booked for Sunday. Terrible. She drove. She lost an entire day of our weekend.

I’m not much of a fan anymore and they messed with all of our flights in June.
Very frustrating!

I wish I knew what was really happening with them!!

I am so sorry.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 08:47 PM   #5
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

I am so sorry. I cannot believe all the airlines are doing given the last 2 years. Call MS too and see what they offer.
Old 04-07-2022, 09:13 PM   #6
Hi from RI
Grand Villa

So sorry I would be very upset and agree maybe call MS since completely out of your control...we had a NIGHTMARE time with Jetblue who is the other airline we usually like (SWA is what we always use). Horrible service..lost our luggage for 2 days and they only reimbursed some of the stuff we had to buy. We had NOTHING....we had NE clothes on and we went to HHI. We needed everything you could imagine for 4 of us and for 2 days. I think airlines are short staffed and not prepared for the influx of travelers but I should have more sympathy but not when they are charging so much for flights then ruining vacations. We go to Disneyland for a conference in 2.5 weeks then WDW end of May. Praying all goes well.....

ME Nicole ,DH , DS : , DD , DD
Hi from RI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 09:21 PM   #7
N C State Tigger
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
So last night we got a text from Southwest that our flight for this morning was cancelled. cancelled.
Signe[/b]d,
Two very unhappy campers
I can not believe this. I am so sorry!!
No notification till the night before.
You should be receiving some type of compensation, not just a refund.

How often does something like this happen?

I only fly about once or twice a year to MCO for our Disney trips, but only once in last 2 years due to covid. The rest of the family drives and usually leaves the night before my flight. I'd hate to be without another flight option. No way I would be able to drive.
N C State Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 09:26 PM   #8
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

DD was notified around noon of the cancellation and her flight was at 3:55. Same day. Horrible experience but not as bad as OP. Return flight was with Delta so funds hopefully she can use sometime. Iím worried about her June flights A LOT!
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 09:49 PM   #9
PurrfectPrincess
Two Bedroom

Sadly, this is the norm with SWA these days, not the exception. Canít tell you how many time SWA has jacked around my flights after the initial reservation. Sometimes I just ended up canceling rather than flying 9 hours and two stops on what was originally a 1 hour 20 min nonstop. Southwest just doesnít cut it any more.
PurrfectPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 10:20 PM   #10
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
DD was notified around noon of the cancellation and her flight was at 3:55. Same day. Horrible experience but not as bad as OP. Return flight was with Delta so funds hopefully she can use sometime. Iím worried about her June flights A LOT!
Don't be... and if you don't worry about her flights I won't worry about mine. Though we'd totally drive or drive halfway to catch a plane. Lots of options at least. I just think this isn't the norm but it sucks when it happens. I was stranded in Pittsburgh with no rentals available for almost 48 hours once. It sucked. Just wanted to go home and couldn't get out. Stuck in the airport too. Ugh. Finally made it. Why I prefer direct flights or non stop though.