home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying DVC
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-04-2022, 06:25 PM   #1
Pjferry
Two Bedroom

Post Increase in DVC resale contracts

Has anyone else noticed a huge up tick in available contracts? Is this a prelude to a decrease in resale contract pricing? Opinions?
Old 03-04-2022, 06:30 PM   #2
Angel1123
Two Bedroom

I hope so. I became a DVC member during the last recession when points were 60% less in price. Wish I wouldíve picked up a few more points then. Would love some VGF and/or Riviera points!
Old 03-04-2022, 06:44 PM   #3
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjferry View Post
Has anyone else noticed a huge up tick in available contracts? Is this a prelude to a decrease in resale contract pricing? Opinions?
I haven't noticed and I've been watching. I did notice that some were more willing to bargain than expected. Outside of some....

I do think VGF resales will take a hit. Many 2042 are being taken back driving prices higher.
Old 03-04-2022, 07:44 PM   #4
pooh bears mom
Add-on Aficionado

I was going to post something about that too. There is a huge uptick in resales
Old 03-04-2022, 07:51 PM   #5
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

I do want to add the buy back of 2042 is rather big right now. So those thinking it will drive lower prices, might be wrong. I have a contract in ROFR just a few $$ above what I saw was the last buyback of CCV. Prices are dependent on what ROFR does.

The VGF contracts are going to take a hit though.
Old 03-05-2022, 01:13 AM   #6
Crafty
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
I do want to add the buy back of 2042 is rather big right now. So those thinking it will drive lower prices, might be wrong. I have a contract in ROFR just a few $$ above what I saw was the last buyback of CCV. Prices are dependent on what ROFR does.

The VGF contracts are going to take a hit though.
I agree that VGF resales will increase and take a price hit. Unhappy current owners will sell when they canít get the rooms they want in the original building. Buyers will be reluctant to buy unless they want resort studios.

I am guessing that the buybacks of 2042 points are being driven by the undisclosed plan that Disney has for those resorts. Or maybe the resales there are too much competition for their new direct sales at RIV AUL and VGF. Those 2042 resorts are very desirable. The new direct sales resorts, less so.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 04:41 AM   #7
fargomurphy
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjferry View Post
Yes, I have been looking for Poly and GFV resale contracts and have noticed an increase in supply recently. I think GFV2 unrestricted direct will drive down the price of all contracts slightly.
fargomurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 08:29 AM   #8
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post

I am guessing that the buybacks of 2042 points are being driven by the undisclosed plan that Disney has for those resorts. Or maybe the resales there are too much competition for their new direct sales at RIV AUL and VGF. Those 2042 resorts are very desirable. The new direct sales resorts, less so.

Yes

Home Resorts - Riviera, VGF, BLT, BCV, AKV, PVB
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 08:40 AM   #9
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
I agree that VGF resales will increase and take a price hit. Unhappy current owners will sell when they canít get the rooms they want in the original building. Buyers will be reluctant to buy unless they want resort studios.

There is a lot of talk about being unable to get rooms as it is. I think that's driving some to sell. Though I have also seen some sellers pull contracts when they cannot git top dollar too.

I haven't figured out the plan for the 2042 resorts yet... but likely too much competition. Look at the prices they are asking for many. It's nuts and yet people buy.
Old 03-05-2022, 11:21 AM   #10
richviii
Two Bedroom

Yes - one of the major resale sites was averaging 300-400 back in late fall and early winter. They have almost 800 now. Prices haven't seem to budget. One of them posted that they contacted GFV sellers to drop their prices. They still seem high with the delta for direct small on smaller contracts. Most seemed to be pretty stripped overall. Also wondering how resorts with higher buy-in starts will still provide smaller contracts even more of a premium since fewer will exist and as prices go up, I can't continue to fathom the outlay in cash in anymore.

Recent
2021 Dec BCV/BLT, Oct - 50th at BLT, March - BCV, Jan - BCV - COVID Cancelled
2020 Dec - COVID Cancelled - Oct - BCV/DRR, May - DCL and DRR - COVID Cancelled 2019 Jan - AKV, Apr - HHI, Apr - CCV, BCV, May - Off-Site, Jun Poly, Nov BLT 2018 Jan - Swan & Dolphin, Apr - BCV, July - Disneyland, Sept - BLT, Nov - Swan & Dolphin, BLT 2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani, Dec - BWV & BLT 2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote