home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-13-2021, 12:29 PM   #1
Raspus
Grand Villa

Default Raspus Christmas trip Dec 14-18 2021 completed w/pictures

Itís time for yet again another trip report. We leave early tomorrow for 4 days in a 1 bedroom at OKW. Looking forward to this trip because we canceled last yearís December trip. Plans include the Candlelight Processional on Wednesday and Mickeyís After Hours Christmas party on Thursday. Going to explore Disney Springs on Friday because we are blocked out from parks on that day. Iíll try to post daily update while weíre down there.

Last edited by Raspus; 12-20-2021 at 10:42 AM.
Raspus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 01:44 PM   #2
MinnieSueB
Two Bedroom

Have a great time!!! ENJOY!!!
MinnieSueB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 09:39 PM   #3
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Enjoy!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 10:08 PM   #4
babysimba
Grand Villa

Yay! Following along.
Old 12-13-2021, 10:50 PM   #5
bubster
Add-on Aficionado

Will be vicariously following along.
Old 12-14-2021, 10:15 PM   #6
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

Have fun!!!
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 10:10 AM   #7
Raspus
Grand Villa

Our day began very early. We had a 7:50 departure so we were up by 4:00 AM. once we got going everything was fine. Got to the airport on time, went through security with no problems and were soon waiting at our gate. This was the first time I had our boarding passes on my phone. It worked great. The plane left on time and soon we were at MCO.

I rented a car from Alamo this time and was able to skip the counter and go directly to the garage and pick my car. This worked better than I could have hoped for. Since we carry on our luggage we were in and out of the airport very quickly. We were earlier than we expected so we had time to stop at Publix to pick up some things.

We then drove to OKW. Our room was not yet ready so I picked up my wife’s wheelchair. We decided to go to Epcot so I stuffed the wheelchair into the car and we drove there. As soon as we got there I got the text that our room was ready so we turned around and went back to OKW. Shortest Epcot visit we’ve ever had. We went to our room which is in building 14 over looking the golf course. Being tired from the early start we enjoyed the room for a couple of hours before heading back to the park to start enjoying the Festival of the holidays.

We walked around the world showcase. We started doing the cookie stroll. So far we’ve had the black and white cookie and the chocolate crinkle one. Both were very good and the crinkle on tasted like a brownie. Also had the latkes and pastrami sandwich which we liked. Our favorite was the mini pumpkin pie funnel cake. It was great. We also bought some cinnamon covered cashews which I ate back in the room. Have to get some more of them.

In the category of stupid things we’ve done both of left our masks in the car. We were unable to ride anything our enter a building. Unfortunately for us I was to tired and lazy to go back to the car. So we did what we could before we left. Back in the room we washed our clothes, had a snack(cashews), had a drink and went to bed. All in all it was a long but fun day. Tomorrow is back to Epcot for the Candlelight Processional.
View from our room.

Last edited by Raspus; 12-19-2021 at 10:25 AM.
Old 12-15-2021, 12:38 PM   #8
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

My kids said the chocolate crinkle is very good.

Enjoy!!! Iím bummed we missed Candlelight, but hopefully next year!
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 01:39 PM   #9
MinnieSueB
Two Bedroom

Glad things are going great for you other than the masks.
I really do wish Disney would drop the indoor mask mandate. It's beyond old now.

Have a great time at Candlelight tonight!!!
MinnieSueB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 04:17 PM   #10
Raspus
Grand Villa

Day 2

I was able to sleep in until 7:00. Feel much better today. Got up and made myself some coffee while my wife slept in. I was able to work on this trip report until she got up. We had breakfast - a raspberry coffee cake from Publix. After breakfast we got ready to go and left for Epcot at a little after 11. There was a long line of cars going into the park. Seemed to me Epcot was busy this week. After finding a parking spot we entered the park.

The first thing we did was to ride Living with the Land. We wanted to see the Christmas overlays. We really liked them. They were very pretty and there seemed to be a lot more of them. Next stop was the Imagination Pavilion to see my buddy Figment. I still miss the original ride.

It was now time to visit the World Showcase. We wanted to finally do the cookie stroll. We had already gotten 2 of the necessary cookies. First stop was at the Yukon Holiday stand for the SNICKERS-doodle cookie. While there I treated myself to the seared scallops. We then walked all round the showcase looking for the Holiday Hearth Desserts for our next cookie. We found it. It was the gingerbread cookie. Now we only needed one more cookie. We did stop back at L’CHAIM stand for some more potato latkes. A plain one for my wife and a smoked salmon one for me.

By the time we reached the Port of Entry gift store it started to rain. Due to my wonderful decision we didn’t have our rain ponchos with us. So we waited until the rain almost stopped before we continued on. We went to Germany to use the companion restrooms. Once done we went to the caramel store for some caramel popcorn and some cookies. By now it was time for dinner. We had a candlelight dinning package at Biergarten.

They are not doing communal dining any more so got a nice table set up for four which was fine for the two of us. We really enjoyed dinner. Nice to have the buffet back. At the end of dinner we were given our tickets for the 8:30 show. After dinner we bought our last cookie from the Bavarian stand-the Linzer cookie. Now we went to get our completer cookie. On our way we picked up some fire roasted chestnuts and some more cinnamon glazed cashews. We finally got our completer cookie which came with a paper ornament and a bowl of chocolate ice cream with peppermint whipped cream.

It was now time to get in line for the 8:30 candlelight processional. We were the first people in the handicapped line. When it was time to go in we were the first people let in. First time that ever happened to us. We got great seats right in the middle. The show was wonderful. The narrator was Andy Garcia and he was great. We really enjoyed him. It had been 2 years sine we had seen the show and we missed it. Very glad it was brought back.

After the show we left the park, went we back to the room and went to bed. The end of a great day.

Last edited by Raspus; 12-19-2021 at 10:32 AM.