home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-22-2021, 01:03 AM   #1
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Default Most WDW Annual Pass Sales Halted

Well this could be disappointing news for anyone who was hoping to buy any pass other than the Pixie Dust pass in the near future. This article says sales of other passes are currently halted.

https://wdwnt.com/2021/11/breaking-w...xiPj4JqgSVsNdQ
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 02:47 AM   #2
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa

Hmmm. I sense another price increase coming.
Old 11-22-2021, 02:54 AM   #3
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

Is this a form of crowd control ?
Shewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 03:17 AM   #4
TexasChick
Grand Villa

I tried to renew mine and my DDís a week before they changed the passes, but I couldnít at the time since they were switching to the new passes. I guess Iíll call tomorrow to renew since we have a trip planned after our current passes expire. Ugh!
Old 11-22-2021, 07:24 AM   #5
capeokw56
Grand Villa

Seriously??!! I just bought PH Genie+ tickets yesterday from Undercover Tourist for our January trip and was planning on converting them to APs when we got there. I certainly hope they resume AP sales before then. I'm starting to get annoyed by all the changes, particularly with park reservations.
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 08:01 AM   #6
Princess Mom
One Bedroom

I have two passes purchased for my family of 5 with the remaining giftcards in the mail right now. This is so frustrating I'm tempted to throw in the towel and give up on Disney. It's impossible to plan anymore with their constant changes.
Princess Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 08:37 AM   #7
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
Seriously??!! I just bought PH Genie+ tickets yesterday from Undercover Tourist for our January trip and was planning on converting them to APs when we got there. I certainly hope they resume AP sales before then. I'm starting to get annoyed by all the changes, particularly with park reservations.
It's thought to be just for the holidays as days are sold out already (hence why lowest is available) per articles I read. They expect to resume in January.
Old 11-22-2021, 09:26 AM   #8
cpnkirk
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
It's thought to be just for the holidays as days are sold out already (hence why lowest is available) per articles I read. They expect to resume in January.
I hope you're right - I'm in the same boat as capeokw56 (except our tickets are for March so we've got a little more time).

on a related note, I recently heard of people in CA who bought the highest tier magic key pass, which has no blackout dates...and yet they can't get a park reservation for weeks at a time, basically they can't use their $1400 pass for a significant portion of the year. They are understandably upset.
cpnkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 09:59 AM   #9
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnkirk View Post
I hope you're right - I'm in the same boat as capeokw56 (except our tickets are for March so we've got a little more time).

on a related note, I recently heard of people in CA who bought the highest tier magic key pass, which has no blackout dates...and yet they can't get a park reservation for weeks at a time, basically they can't use their $1400 pass for a significant portion of the year. They are understandably upset.
Which is likely why they paused in the first place. WDW does surprise me more but crowds are much higher than usual.
Old 11-22-2021, 10:36 AM   #10
pdude81
Grand Villa

Since it said we should be able to renew I'm not super worried, but this is an interesting development. It does make sense if they don't want people buying passes for the holidays with no availability, or if a price change/promotion is coming soon. We shall see
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote