home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-16-2021, 08:59 AM   #1
Raspus
Grand Villa

Default Here we go again. Oct 17-22 - Completed.

Well itís time for yet another trip report. We leave bright and early tomorrow morning for 5 days in a 1 bedroom at BWV. This will be our fourth trip this year and we are still excited to go. This will also be our second trip to the Food and Wine festival. Our plans are to attend the Boo-Bash on Tuesday and the fireworks dinning event at Rose and Crown on Thursday. We will also be celebrating our anniversary on Wednesday. The weather is getting colder here so we -especially my wife- are looking forward to warmer weather.

I will attempt to post daily updates while there.

Last edited by Raspus; 10-24-2021 at 08:53 AM.
Raspus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 09:14 AM   #2
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Happy anniversary! Hope that you both enjoy the trip and the party! Daily updates can be challenging, and we donít want to take time away from your fun. Do the best you can and just catch us up when you return to reality. Safe travels!
Old 10-16-2021, 09:25 AM   #3
cwmouse
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspus View Post
Well itís time for yet another trip report. We leave bright and early tomorrow morning for 5 days in a 1 bedroom at BWV. This will be our fourth trip this year and we are still excited to go. This will also be our second trip to the Food and Wine festival. Our plans are to attend the Boo-Bash on Tuesday and the fireworks dinning event at Rose and Crown on Thursday. We will also be celebrating our anniversary on Wednesday. The weather is getting colder here so we -especially my wife- are looking forward to warmer weather.

I will attempt to post daily updates while there.
When did you get your reservation for the Rose and Crown Fireworks Dining? Was it 60 days out from arrival or did you make it last minute? I havenít been able to get a reservation for December 13. Trying every day, several times a day.
cwmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 09:35 AM   #4
Raspus
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Happy anniversary! Hope that you both enjoy the trip and the party! Daily updates can be challenging, and we donít want to take time away from your fun. Do the best you can and just catch us up when you return to reality. Safe travels!
Thanks. We will have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwmouse View Post
When did you get your reservation for the Rose and Crown Fireworks Dining? Was it 60 days out from arrival or did you make it last minute? I havenít been able to get a reservation for December 13. Trying every day, several times a day.
We made reservations on the day they opened it up. We are a party of two but had to make it for three.
Old 10-16-2021, 09:36 AM   #5
babysimba
Grand Villa

Happy Anniversary! Our anniversary is the 19th, so close to your own anniversary. Enjoy your trip and can't wait to read all about it!
babysimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 10:44 AM   #6
Raspus
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysimba View Post
Happy Anniversary! Our anniversary is the 19th, so close to your own anniversary. Enjoy your trip and can't wait to read all about it!
Happy Anniversary to you.
Old 10-16-2021, 02:31 PM   #7
chrisvee
Two Bedroom

Have a great trip and a lovely anniversary.
chrisvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 10:31 PM   #8
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Enjoy! And Happy Anniversary.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 05:26 AM   #9
Raspus
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvee View Post
Have a great trip and a lovely anniversary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Enjoy! And Happy Anniversary.
Thanks. We are planning on having a good time!
Old 10-18-2021, 10:13 AM   #10
Raspus
Grand Villa

Sunday.

After a long day of travel we are here. The day started long before the crack of dawn. We made it to the airport on time without a problem and soon were on our way. We landed on time, picked up the rental car and headed to Disney. I did get a room text telling me to go to the front desk when we got there. I then checked MDE and surprise my room was ready.
We arrived at BWV and went to the front desk. All they needed was to recode our magic bands. I then went to bell services to get the wheelchair that I ordered from Scooterbug. Bell services tried twice but wasnít able to find it. They did give us one of their wheelchairs to use temporarily. We went up to our room and called Scooterbug. They said it had been delivered the night before. Back to the bell desk. The Scooterbug rep stayed on the phone while I went back so he talk to them. Once back there he talked to them and amazingly they managed to find it. While there I also got my Owners Locker and everything was fine. Later that night I returned their wheelchair.
We have one bedroom with a different setup than our other one bedrooms that we have had here. Its a standard view room on a corner. The living room is longer and more slender. The bathroom is a little smaller and there is no counter area with chairs. The living area has a very long balcony and there is also a smaller one outside the bedroom. The entrance hall is straight in instead of the angled one. Makes it easier to get the wheelchair in. All in all we really like the room.

We then went to Epcot. The Epcot boat was just arriving so we took the boat there. We were both getting hungry so we decided to try the new crepe restaurant at France. Didnít know if we could get in or how long the wait would be. There were a ten of people in that area. We saw a very long line but it turned out it was for the crepe window. We were able to be seated in the new restaurant right away. My wife a classique galette and I had savoyard one and a beer. Both were delicious. We would definitely eat there again. Need to go back and get a sweet one.
We then walked around the world showcase. We saw the Voices of Liberty again. The are really good. We decided that we need some dessert so we stopped at the Hawaii booth for a piece of passion fruit cheesecake which was very good. Next we hit the Simmering Sips booth for some banana bread with mixed berry compote. This was also very good. Full and tired from a long travel day, we decided to head back to our room. We stopped at Canada to listen to Alberta Bound. We liked the show and it was nice to hear some live music. After this we did head back to BWV. Stopped at the Screen Door to buy some stuff for the room. We watched some TV for a while before heading to bed.