home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-14-2021, 09:15 PM   #1
Tessa
Two Bedroom

Default Using an ECV at SSR? Springs is a bad bus stop...

Hi friends- due to an accident and surgery, I am non-weight bearing on one leg. I used an ECV at SSR and I wanted to relay my experience with the bus transportation for those who, like me, were unaware of the problematic Springs bus stop.

I booked a preferred room, and was placed in Springs building 35, although I had requested Congress Park. The Crowd Calendar has the park levels at 1 and 2. Even with light park attendance, I had difficulty getting on the bus every morning at the Springs stop. The buses were always full in the mornings. On our last park day, Monday, we got to the bus stop at 8:40 and didn't get to Magic Kingdom until 10:30. There were 4 full buses over the 90 minutes and each driver said that they "would call" and another bus would arrive shortly. That did not happen. Adding insult to injury, there were 5 DHS buses that came within a time span of 11 minutes. No exaggeration.

I write this not to complain, but to inform my MO friends that if you are using a mobility device, I would suggest using the bus stop at The Carousel or The Paddock. I am only temporarily injured. It made me realize how little I understand about the difficulties that are faced by those with mobility impairments.
Old 09-14-2021, 09:34 PM   #2
parlay
One Bedroom

Thank you for sharing your experience. Iím sorry that the transportation was bad, wasting time at the bus stop is the worst! I hope you heal quickly.
parlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:49 PM   #3
bubster
Add-on Aficionado

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We will be at SSR next week and I will have a ECV for the first time, Iím very nervous about this. We are not rope droppers or park closers so maybe wonít have the same issues boarding the buses. If nothing else I will be happy to use it at DS.
Old 09-14-2021, 10:14 PM   #4
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

I stayed at BLT . My only problem was on the monorail coming back from Epcot. I was made to wait an hour at night while several trains went by. I was at the front of the line and asked to wait for the next train. This happened twice .
Shewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 08:19 AM   #5
noreen99
Two Bedroom

It was an eye opener for meÖsince blowing out the hip I completely avoid Disney transportation whenever possible.

Hope your doing well with healing.
noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 08:52 AM   #6
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

We are long time scooter/wheelchair user when staying at SSR. We avoid Springs bus stop before 11 am every day. Being the last stop and the added Disney Spring area hotel guests using the Congress Park stop, the Springs bus stop is the worse.

We stayed at the Springs section 3 weeks ago. We walked over the bridge to the Paddock bus stop. Its not that far of a walk and you are guaranteed to get on the bus.
Old 09-15-2021, 08:56 AM   #7
Tessa
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubster View Post
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We will be at SSR next week and I will have a ECV for the first time, Iím very nervous about this. We are not rope droppers or park closers so maybe wonít have the same issues boarding the buses. If nothing else I will be happy to use it at DS.
My experience this week was that the buses were too full to load my ECV at the Springs stop for about an hour after a specific park opened. After that, you should be good.
Old 09-15-2021, 08:58 AM   #8
Tessa
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
We are long time scooter/wheelchair user when staying at SSR. We avoid Springs bus stop before 11 am every day. Being the last stop and the added Disney Spring area hotel guests using the Congress Park stop, the Springs bus stop is the worse.

We stayed at the Springs section 3 weeks ago. We walked over the bridge to the Paddock bus stop. Its not that far of a walk and you are guaranteed to get on the bus.
I wish I had thought to ask about this before my trip. Hopefully, this thread will help our fellow MO!
Old 09-15-2021, 09:06 AM   #9
Raspus
Grand Villa

Weíve had the same problem trying to board a bus at Millerís Road at OKW. The drivers always say theyíll call another bus but itís full when it arrives. Since then we always rent a car and avoid Disney buses.
Raspus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 10:57 AM   #10
AlwaysDreamingDisney
Grand Villa

OP so sorry you had issues. Mobility issues quite frankly SUCK!

I learned a few years back when staying at either OKW or SSR to find the bus loading area that works best for you! Getting on the bus at HH (OKW) and getting off wherever is closest to your room. And at SSR itís more of a puzzle because I swear they change the routes constantly but each trip we figure it out by the end of the first day.

Proud owner at VWL

Had owned at VGC, SSR and OKW too. Sad to see those points go but became neighbors of the Mouse!!!
AlwaysDreamingDisney is offline   Reply With Quote