home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-12-2021, 09:18 PM   #1
TriciaS
Two Bedroom

Default Dining Reservations for 15

Help needed!

I'm trying to book a dining reservation for 15 people on my birthday. I was really hoping for Toledo's or Toppolino's but I can't seem to find a way to book it.

Steps I've taken:
-Emailed guest services. They told me to call the restaurant directly but I can't find phone numbers for the restaurants.

-Called the number DVC gave me for group dining. They told to make 3 reservations for 5 and hope for the best.

-Called the hotel front desk and was told there is no way to contact the restaurant directly.

It's become extremely frustrating. I didn't think it would be this difficult. It doesn't help that there is always a 2 hour wait when you call dining.

Any suggestions you may have would be appreciated. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Any other phone numbers to try?
Old 09-12-2021, 09:24 PM   #2
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Have you tried setting up a search on Touringplans? Iíve had good luck with that in the past (pre-covid.)
Old 09-12-2021, 09:29 PM   #3
TriciaS
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Have you tried setting up a search on Touringplans? Iíve had good luck with that in the past (pre-covid.)
No I haven't but I will try. Thank you!
Old 09-12-2021, 09:31 PM   #4
fuzzylogic
Two Bedroom

I would do what they suggest and book 3x 5-person reservations. We've had some large parties traveling and I have to do this. I bet most can't accommodate 15 at a single table. At Ohana we had like 10 and took up a whole section. It may be a wait to get thru since CMs are taking lots of AP calls but once you get thru they've always jumped thru hoops to accommodate. Also if several ppl in your party have their own accounts book a table online in their account. You just need 3 ppl with logins in your party all linked and you can do all yourself online. I'd book 3 tables a mix of 5s and 6s whatever is available.
Old 09-12-2021, 09:36 PM   #5
TriciaS
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzylogic View Post
I would do what they suggest and book 3x 5-person reservations. We've had some large parties traveling and I have to do this. I bet most can't accommodate 15 at a single table. At Ohana we had like 10 and took up a whole section. It may be a wait to get thru since CMs are taking lots of AP calls but once you get thru they've always jumped thru hoops to accommodate. Also if several ppl in your party have their own accounts book a table online in their account. You just need 3 ppl with logins in your party all linked and you can do all yourself online. I'd book 3 tables a mix of 5s and 6s whatever is available.
Toledo has a separate room (like a meeting room) with a long table that would be able to accomodate us all. I just can't figure out how to book it.
Because it is a special occasion, I don't want to take the chance that we are not seated together.
Old 09-12-2021, 09:46 PM   #6
fuzzylogic
Two Bedroom

Adding... if u need 15 seats at Topolinos and today is your 60, immediately book whatever large table you can. If u manage all 15 guests, that's a bad way to run a large party. Invite some of them to upgrade to Disney accounts so they can book some of this. I would do this all *now*; Topolinos fills up fast and one night will make all the difference! Once they upgrade, go on with them and book the extra tables you need. They have to understand the time crunch or just give you their pw and you do it for them. This isn't a "do this in the next few days" kind of thing.

When doing this, I've never been seated "far" apart. Always same room, nearby tables.

Haven't eaten at Toledo's / Coronado, but googling I have no trouble finding a number. That not work for you?

Last edited by fuzzylogic; 09-12-2021 at 09:54 PM.
fuzzylogic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 09:47 PM   #7
nrspepe
Grand Villa

A couple of times I used a VIP line that was able to help make reservations for parties of 12, or more. There were able to identify which restaurants could seat all 16 of us together and made the reservation. I specifically remember them setting us up at La Hacienda, Citricos and the Wave on our last family trip in early 2019. Iím sorry, I canít locate their number. Does anyone else have any info on this service?
nrspepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 10:03 PM   #8
nrspepe
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriciaS View Post
Toledo has a separate room (like a meeting room) with a long table that would be able to accomodate us all. I just can't figure out how to book it.
Because it is a special occasion, I don't want to take the chance that we are not seated together.
There is a number for Toledo for parties of 11 or more, (407) 939-3890 and another for private dining room, (407) 828-3200.
nrspepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 12:01 AM   #9
i<3riviera
Studio

I had trouble just getting a party of 8 at Topolino's; it was a week into a booking window (booking window opened for Sar, our breakfast wasn't until the following Sat) so I was surprised there were none available; I'm thinking some restaurants may be limiting the ADR sizes?

we ended-up getting two 4 reservations and will hope to sit as close as possible to each other; we plan to drop by the day before to see if they can pre-plan to have us close by; we're not super concerned if we are separated though

just an anecdote that may explain the 3x 5 suggestion; for your situation, I agree, I wouldn't take the risk
i<3riviera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 12:19 AM   #10
noreen99
Two Bedroom

We have used this for private dining before

https://www.disneymeetingsandevents....s/event-types/
noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote