home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-10-2021, 12:21 PM   #1
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Default Seven Shirts, Six Nights. A Tale of Fun, Friendship, and Fattening Foods…

​Once upon a time, there were three best friends. They met many, many years ago while they were all working in their local emergency department. Yep, they were all nurses. Though they eventually went their separate ways professionally, they remained the closest of friends, weathering all of life’s ups and downs together. Teenagers, college, weddings, grandchildren, marital discord, career confusion, the loss of a parent, they supported each other through it all.

​In their personal lives, they were a river rat, (Tamara)

a farmer, (me)

and a Grammy. (Lynn)

The river rat left the ED to become an advanced practice nurse in an urgent care clinic, wading through a sea of Covid patients and STD’s. Yay. The farmer worked in mental health, med-surg, ICU, chemical detox, ED, or wherever one of her multiple personalities took her. The Grammy remained in the ED, gatekeeper for the rest of the hospital. A thankless and unenviable task, I can promise you. Each of them cared deeply about their patients, and did their best to provide compassionate care. They also possessed a rather wicked sense of humor. Separately, they were positively angelic. But when they were together…

Thrice the brinded cat hath mew’d.
Thrice and once the hedge-pig whined.
Harpier cries, “’Tis time, ‘tis time.”
Round about the cauldron go;
In the poison’d entrails throw.
Toad, that under cold stone
Days and nights has thirty-one
Swelter’d venom sleeping got,
Boil thou first i’ the charmed pot.
Double, double, toil and trouble;
Fire burn and cauldron bubble.
Fillet of a fenny snake,
In the cauldron boil and bake;
Eye of newt and toe of frog,
Wool of bat and tongue of dog,
Adder’s fork and blind-worm’s sting,
Lizard’s leg and howlet’s wing,
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.

Well, you get the idea… So, have I piqued your interest? Since this is a really special trip, I wanted to do a special trip report as well. This seemed like a fun way to start…

​For those of you who have endured my repeated whining, you already know that this trip was supposed to happen September 2020. Instead, Covid happened. Now, only 1 year later, we are ready to have the time of our lives! Feel free to join us on our grand adventure! At the very least, maybe we will be a minor distraction from laundry and dusting?

​Just a little more background on my besties… Tamara has never been to Disney! I know. I still find it hard to believe myself. And her parents are such nice people… Lynn has only been to Disney as a Mom, and Grammy, you know, family trips. She has never been on an “adult’s only” trip. Because, only weirdos do that, right? Anyway, neither of them are really prepared for the fun to be had when there are no children or frownie spouses (not mine, theirs) to give you “the look.” And let’s be honest, “the look” doesn’t work on me anyway. So, I’m about to show them “a whole new world.” I really wish that some of the tours, such as Behind the Seeds were available right now, but we will just have to do that “next time!” Unfortunately, next time the spouses will probably join us. Can’t take a chance on us having too much fun now, can we? It will probably take a lot of medication (or a lot of adult beverages) to tolerate theirs for a week. Talk about Donald Downers… If WDW is missing Grumpy, I know exactly where to find him. But I digress.

​We will be terrorizing WDW, um, vacationing September 15-21. We are staying at BRV because it is my home resort and I made these reservations at 11 months. I offered to try and switch resorts at 7 months, but no one was really interested. I know that there have been multiple reports of the rooms looking tired/shabby, but I just love our home! And we will only be there to sleep. It will be fine. We fly out from LR at 7:50 on Wednesday the 15th and should arrive at MCO at 12:45. Hoping to be at BRV by 2:30-3:00. We will be taking DME, because Lynn loves that silly bus. And since it is going away, why not? Our first day we will wander into MK, just to let Tamara get a feel for the park. Without fastpasses, we really don’t have any concrete plans. We might ride a few rides, we might just wander and take pictures. Lots of pictures! Thursday will be our first AK day. That one excites me! Tamara is a huge Avatar fan, and she loves animals. We all agreed that AK would be worth 2 days for our trip. Friday is MK. And Friday night is Boo Bash. We are going as the Sanderson Sisters. We have costumes, wigs, even matching masks! I just can’t wait! I’ve done full costumes for Halloween multiple times at work, but the others won’t normally even wear a Halloween t–shirt. Pictures, pictures, pictures! No one back here will believe me without them. After staying out so late on Friday night, we are heading to Epcot on Saturday. We wanted a later start, so that was perfect. Sunday will be HS. I’ll do the SW thing for them, but they owe me Muppets and ToT. Fair trade. Monday will find us back at AK. If they want to change it up after we get there, no biggie. We will just roll with it. Monday night we will be at Epcot for the Squeak Preview. I was really happy to be able to participate in a soft open during this trip. Kind of makes up for some of the things that aren’t offered. By Tuesday, even our arthritis medication won’t be working, and Lynn will be missing her little monsters. So we head back to MCO at an ungodly hour to catch our 9:10 flights back home. Should be back in the Rock around 1:35.

​We (okay, Lynn and I) got a little carried away planning for this trip, so we really do have matching shirts for every day of the trip. Some were harder to obtain than others. Etsy really had some flakey “shop owners” this year. But the finished product was perfect, and definitely worth the effort! I can’t wait to share them in this report. The ears, earrings, and extras? Well, I won’t lie. I already had a lot of those. Sue me. We can pretend that I bought them just for this trip if it makes me look more normal. And we will also pretend that I’m not sitting here listening to Disney music on Pandora while typing this pre-trip report… This is actually Monday the 6th. I’m going to try and make myself wait until the weekend to post this. We will see if I can do it…

​It’s Friday the 10th. Close enough…

Last edited by ermindy1133; 09-10-2021 at 10:06 PM.
ermindy1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 12:29 PM   #2
B'rer Karen
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
​Once upon a time, there were three best friends. They met many, many years ago while they were all working in their local emergency department. Yep, they were all nurses. Though they eventually went their separate ways professionally, they remained the closest of friends, weathering all of life’s ups and downs together. Teenagers, college, weddings, grandchildren, marital discord, career confusion, the loss of a parent, they supported each other through it all.

​In their personal lives, they were a river rat,

a farmer,

and a Grammy.

The river rat left the ED to become an advanced practice nurse in an urgent care clinic, wading through a sea of Covid patients and STD’s. Yay. The farmer worked in mental health, med-surg, ICU, chemical detox, ED, or wherever one of her multiple personalities took her. The Grammy remained in the ED, gatekeeper for the rest of the hospital. A thankless and unenviable task, I can promise you. Each of them cared deeply about their patients, and did their best to provide compassionate care. They also possessed a rather wicked sense of humor. Separately, they were positively angelic. But when they were together…

Thrice the brinded cat hath mew’d.
Thrice and once the hedge-pig whined.
Harpier cries, “’Tis time, ‘tis time.”
Round about the cauldron go;
In the poison’d entrails throw.
Toad, that under cold stone
Days and nights has thirty-one
Swelter’d venom sleeping got,
Boil thou first i’ the charmed pot.
Double, double, toil and trouble;
Fire burn and cauldron bubble.
Fillet of a fenny snake,
In the cauldron boil and bake;
Eye of newt and toe of frog,
Wool of bat and tongue of dog,
Adder’s fork and blind-worm’s sting,
Lizard’s leg and howlet’s wing,
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.

Well, you get the idea… So, have I piqued your interest? Since this is a really special trip, I wanted to do a special trip report as well. This seemed like a fun way to start…

​For those of you who have endured my repeated whining, you already know that this trip was supposed to happen September 2020. Instead, Covid happened. Now, only 1 year later, we are ready to have the time of our lives! Feel free to join us on our grand adventure! At the very least, maybe we will be a minor distraction from laundry and dusting?

​Just a little more background on my besties… Tamara has never been to Disney! I know. I still find it hard to believe myself. And her parents are such nice people… Lynn has only been to Disney as a Mom, and Grammy, you know, family trips. She has never been on an “adult’s only” trip. Because, only weirdos do that, right? Anyway, neither of them are really prepared for the fun to be had when there are no children or frownie spouses (not mine, theirs) to give you “the look.” And let’s be honest, “the look” doesn’t work on me anyway. So, I’m about to show them “a whole new world.” I really wish that some of the tours, such as Behind the Seeds were available right now, but we will just have to do that “next time!” Unfortunately, next time the spouses will probably join us. Can’t take a chance on us having too much fun now, can we? It will probably take a lot of medication (or a lot of adult beverages) to tolerate theirs for a week. Talk about Donald Downers… If WDW is missing Grumpy, I know exactly where to find him. But I digress.

​We will be terrorizing WDW, um, vacationing September 15-21. We are staying at BRV because it is my home resort and I made these reservations at 11 months. I offered to try and switch resorts at 7 months, but no one was really interested. I know that there have been multiple reports of the rooms looking tired/shabby, but I just love our home! And we will only be there to sleep. It will be fine. We fly out from LR at 7:50 on Wednesday the 15th and should arrive at MCO at 12:45. Hoping to be at BRV by 2:30-3:00. We will be taking DME, because Lynn loves that silly bus. And since it is going away, why not? Our first day we will wander into MK, just to let Tamara get a feel for the park. Without fastpasses, we really don’t have any concrete plans. We might ride a few rides, we might just wander and take pictures. Lots of pictures! Thursday will be our first AK day. That one excites me! Tamara is a huge Avatar fan, and she loves animals. We all agreed that AK would be worth 2 days for our trip. Friday is MK. And Friday night is Boo Bash. We are going as the Sanderson Sisters. We have costumes, wigs, even matching masks! I just can’t wait! I’ve done full costumes for Halloween multiple times at work, but the others won’t normally even wear a Halloween t–shirt. Pictures, pictures, pictures! No one back here will believe me without them. After staying out so late on Friday night, we are heading to Epcot on Saturday. We wanted a later start, so that was perfect. Sunday will be HS. I’ll do the SW thing for them, but they owe me Muppets and ToT. Fair trade. Monday will find us back at AK. If they want to change it up after we get there, no biggie. We will just roll with it. Monday night we will be at Epcot for the Squeak Preview. I was really happy to be able to participate in a soft open during this trip. Kind of makes up for some of the things that aren’t offered. By Tuesday, even our arthritis medication won’t be working, and Lynn will be missing her little monsters. So we head back to MCO at an ungodly hour to catch our 9:10 flights back home. Should be back in the Rock around 1:35.

​We (okay, Lynn and I) got a little carried away planning for this trip, so we really do have matching shirts for every day of the trip. Some were harder to obtain than others. Etsy really had some flakey “shop owners” this year. But the finished product was perfect, and definitely worth the effort! I can’t wait to share them in this report. The ears, earrings, and extras? Well, I won’t lie. I already had a lot of those. Sue me. We can pretend that I bought them just for this trip if it makes me look more normal. And we will also pretend that I’m not sitting here listening to Disney music on Pandora while typing this pre-trip report… This is actually Monday the 6th. I’m going to try and make myself wait until the weekend to post this. We will see if I can do it…

​It’s Friday the 10th. Close enough…
What a fun start! Looking forward to following along.

WDW:Offsite '85, Offsite '90, Offsite '96, DI '00, DI '01, S/D Nov. '01, POR Sept. '02, CBR Mar. '03, S/D June '03, CBR Sept. '03, CBR Oct. '03, OKW Feb. '04, SSR/OKW Oct. '04, OKW Mar. '05, SSR Sept. '05, SSR Oct. '06, SSR Mar '07, SSR Oct. '07, SSR Oct. '08, SSR Oct. '09, AKV Feb '10, BCV Oct. '10, AKV Feb '11, BCV Oct. '11, VWL Feb '12, BCV Oct. '12, AKV Feb '13, BCV Oct. '13, AKV Feb '14, VGF/Disney Dream/BWV Oct '14, SSR Feb '15, AKV Oct '15, BLT Mar '16, SSR Oct '16, SSR Feb '17, Poly Oct '17, SSR Feb '18, OKW Oct '18, RIV Oct '20
DL: May '00, Mar. '06,
Aulani: May '19
B'rer Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 12:37 PM   #3
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

I’m in!!!!!
kzrooster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 12:42 PM   #4
noreen99
Two Bedroom

Oh we will be doing preview Monday evening too…wave when you you see the crazy lady with ( current hair color is purplel ) and 2 very embarrassed looking semi adult sons sporting the look!

Hair color is part of HHN. Costume
noreen99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 12:46 PM   #5
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreen99 View Post
Oh we will be doing preview Monday evening too…wave when you you see the crazy lady with ( current hair color is purplel ) and 2 very embarrassed looking semi adult sons sporting the look!

Hair color is part of HHN. Costume
No idea which shirt we will be wearing that day, but we should be hard to miss as well. Big waves from our group to yours! That just adds to the fun.
Old 09-10-2021, 12:54 PM   #6
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by B'rer Karen View Post
What a fun start! Looking forward to following along.
I probably should have waited a couple more days, but I was just too excited!
Old 09-10-2021, 12:55 PM   #7
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
I’m in!!!!!
I will have a special picture in your honor Wednesday morning…
Old 09-10-2021, 01:09 PM   #8
beansprout
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
I will have a special picture in your honor Wednesday morning…
Which probably means Beautiful and the Beast or donuts 😆
beansprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 01:21 PM   #9
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansprout View Post
Which probably means Beautiful and the Beast or donuts 😆
Old 09-10-2021, 01:30 PM   #10
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Quote:
I probably should have waited a couple more days, but I was just too excited!
I can't wait to hear all about!! What a fun, fun, awesome time you 3 will have. Can't wait to see pictures!! Have a blast!
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote