home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-05-2021, 10:52 AM   #1
cpnkirk
Grand Villa

Default ? about Owner's Locker

We are thinking about getting an owner's locker for our upcoming trip in March.

We typically get a 1BR, and travel with our 16yo son. He is grumbling about the couches lately (although he's happy with the murphy beds...). So we're thinking of getting a twin sized inflatable mattress for him to use in resorts w/ no murphy bed. I'm sure that will fit in the locker.

Other than that, we're thinking leftover water, coffee, filters. Maybe sunscreen, ponchos, ball caps (we always seem to forget these and end up buying a new one - same with ponchos!). Even a backpack.

The last big item we're considering is a memory foam style topper for those hard beds. It would be a king size, so that takes up a good bit of room, even if we get a thin one. Any idea if we could at least get the inflatable and the topper in a locker?

I've also heard some say that housekeeping will bring a topper if you call to ask for it. What kind do they provide?
cpnkirk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 11:48 AM   #2
noreen99
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnkirk View Post
We are thinking about getting an owner's locker for our upcoming trip in March.

We typically get a 1BR, and travel with our 16yo son. He is grumbling about the couches lately (although he's happy with the murphy beds...). So we're thinking of getting a twin sized inflatable mattress for him to use in resorts w/ no murphy bed. I'm sure that will fit in the locker.

Other than that, we're thinking leftover water, coffee, filters. Maybe sunscreen, ponchos, ball caps (we always seem to forget these and end up buying a new one - same with ponchos!). Even a backpack.

The last big item we're considering is a memory foam style topper for those hard beds. It would be a king size, so that takes up a good bit of room, even if we get a thin one. Any idea if we could at least get the inflatable and the topper in a locker?

I've also heard some say that housekeeping will bring a topper if you call to ask for it. What kind do they provide?
Love my owners lockers - one has ponchos/umbrellas/toothbrushes/shampoo ect…the other kitchen stuff

We usually do one big trip a year - kitchen stuff
But often Frontier throws up $15 non stops from our airport…So we grab a backpack jump on a plane and get whatever the cheapest AP room discount we can- no worries about quart size baggies how many checked bags ect we just go…our stuff is already there

Only problem is Universal hotels have stopped allowing them to deliver to bell services - not sure if that’s been fixed yet..
noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 11:53 AM   #3
parlay
One Bedroom

I donít have an owners locker but have been reading their website to possibly use them on our next trip. I just read they have something called ďOutside the box ď storage for items that wonít fit. Sorry I canít offer first hand experience.
parlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 12:38 PM   #4
cpnkirk
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by parlay View Post
I donít have an owners locker but have been reading their website to possibly use them on our next trip. I just read they have something called ďOutside the box ď storage for items that wonít fit. Sorry I canít offer first hand experience.
That sounds perfect! I see where the dashboard screenshot shows someone storing golf clubs. Sounds like this would work - Thanks!
Old 09-05-2021, 01:19 PM   #5
TeacherGrandma
Studio

I have loved having my Ownerís Locker for several years now. I typically schedule three trips per year (except for this pandemic).

I keep hair and first aid supplies, ziplock bags, coffee mugs, etc. Itís nice to not continually have to repack certain items!

It might not be as big as youíre expecting. You would probably be able to fit a single inflatable mattress, unless itís super large (but not much else). I donít think thereís any way to fit a large mattress topper (I have no experience requesting one from Housekeeping however).

I donít leave anything cloth-related (such as washable poncho, hats, backpack). Keep in mind that the Locker will be subjected to Floridaís heat and humidity. Iím always wary of mold with cloth items.
TeacherGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 03:34 PM   #6
cpnkirk
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeacherGrandma View Post
I have loved having my Ownerís Locker for several years now. I typically schedule three trips per year (except for this pandemic).

I keep hair and first aid supplies, ziplock bags, coffee mugs, etc. Itís nice to not continually have to repack certain items!

It might not be as big as youíre expecting. You would probably be able to fit a single inflatable mattress, unless itís super large (but not much else). I donít think thereís any way to fit a large mattress topper (I have no experience requesting one from Housekeeping however).

I donít leave anything cloth-related (such as washable poncho, hats, backpack). Keep in mind that the Locker will be subjected to Floridaís heat and humidity. Iím always wary of mold with cloth items.
hmm, good point. Maybe if the hat was in a gallon sized zip lock it would be ok. The ponchos would just be the basic plastic ones that Disney sells. I know we have at least a dozen in the closet.

yeah, with more investigation, I realize now that the mattress topper would have to be an "outside the box" item. It would also be in a sealed plastic bag.
Old 09-05-2021, 06:06 PM   #7
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

No worries about Floridaís heat and humidity. Their warehouse is temperature regulated. Iíve kept many clothes and towels in mine with zero issues.
Old 09-05-2021, 06:38 PM   #8
JudieHopps
Grand Villa

We started with a locker 2 trips ago. Ordered the second one before we left that trip!
We packed everything!
We donít need to hardly pack any more.
We pack pillows, fitted sheets and clothes in one locker. Vacuum seal bags really help with that. Not sure if that would help with a mattress topper? Will it compress? That could be tough.
It is amazing what vac seal bags can do though. Everything we vac sealed came out fine and fluffed up nicely.
JudieHopps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 07:19 PM   #9
ktmo
One Bedroom

We have an Owner's Locker for an inflatable mattress. That takes up most of the room. I don't think you would be able to get a mattress topper in there with the mattress.

The other big thing we have in there is a skinny/single serve Keurig. I can cram a few more items (some toiletries, sunscreen, t-shirts), but it is always a Tetris game getting everything to fit.
ktmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 10:26 PM   #10
nrspepe
Grand Villa

We just signed up…and ordered the slim keurig
nrspepe is online now   Reply With Quote