home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-13-2021, 10:20 AM   #1
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Default *UPDATE* Space 220 to open Sept 20TH

Disney announced today that after years of delays, Space 220 will be opening Mid-September.

The Space 220 restaurant is located adjacent to the Mission: SPACE attraction. Your immersive experience begins as you check in to the Space 220 Departure Lounge in Future World. From here, you’ll board one of two “Space Elevators” that will transport you to Centauri Space Station. As you begin your ascent, you’ll look down through a viewport to see EPCOT shrink away; looking up you’ll see the Space Station come into view.

Inside the dining area, you’ll experience a panoramic view of Earth below, and a variety of work and leisure activities taking place beyond the windows of the Space Station-themed restaurant.

And the views are just part of the experience. Our Disney Imagineers are excited to have created this experience for Executive Chef Marc Kusche to showcase his culinary wonders. The Space 220 restaurant menu will feature stellar dishes and gourmet recipes, with a two-course prix fixe menu for lunch, and a three-course prix fixe menu for dinner. The upscale, contemporary fare will bring new meaning to “the height of dining!” Rounding out the meal will be unique beverages – from fine wine to atmospheric cocktails and more.

Last edited by tomandrobin; 09-02-2021 at 10:54 AM.
tomandrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 10:23 AM   #2
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

Wow, just in time for my October trip. Hope I can snag a reservation when they open up. I wasn't planning on going into the parks those few days before the cruise, but I guess I will be trying to get a park ressie now. I was hoping to purchase an AP before that date.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 10:27 AM   #3
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
Wow, just in time for my October trip. Hope I can snag a reservation when they open up. I wasn't planning on going into the parks those few days before the cruise, but I guess I will be trying to get a park ressie now. I was hoping to purchase an AP before that date.

I would love to add this to our Sept 28-Oct 3 trip. But the odds will be against doing so. I will do my best to try and score a reservation.
Old 08-13-2021, 10:42 AM   #4
zulaya
Grand Villa

SO going to try for this on Oct 6!
If not, it's on the docket Nov/Dec

DVC Member since 2002.

Next trip: Hopefully 2021
zulaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 10:43 AM   #5
MinnieSueB
Two Bedroom

YES! Been waiting forever!!!!
MinnieSueB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 10:51 AM   #6
jflatto
Grand Villa

Anyone seen a menu? My family and I are "plain food" folks. If the food is "fancy", that may eliminate us (and leave more ADRs for the rest of you. )

Trips:
October, 1992 - Yacht Club - Honeymoon; May/June 2008 - BWV - New DVC Member; May/June 2009 - AKV (Kidani) and BCV; May/June 2010 - VWL; July 2010 - VGC; Christmas 2010 - BLT; May/June, 2011 - Dream Cruise and BWV; July 2011 - Grand Villa at Kidani!; October 2011 - BLT for MNSSHP; June 2012 - BCV; December 2012 - BLT for Christmas; June 2013 - Kidani and BWV; December 2013 - VGF and BLT and then Universal, December 2014 - BWV; May/June 2015 - Universal Studios and AKV and SSR; December 2015 - Fantasy for Christmas; October 2016 - Universal and MNSSHP; May/June 2017 - Universal and BWV; October 2017 - 25th Anniversary - AKV and CCR; June 2018 - Adult only - BWV; Christmas 2019 - RR and BLT
jflatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 11:02 AM   #7
B'rer Karen
Grand Villa

Ooh, I wonder if Mid-September means I have a shot during my trip from 9/11 - 9/18? I'm hoping that even if ressies aren't yet available it will be available for walk ups.

WDW:Offsite '85, Offsite '90, Offsite '96, DI '00, DI '01, S/D Nov. '01, POR Sept. '02, CBR Mar. '03, S/D June '03, CBR Sept. '03, CBR Oct. '03, OKW Feb. '04, SSR/OKW Oct. '04, OKW Mar. '05, SSR Sept. '05, SSR Oct. '06, SSR Mar '07, SSR Oct. '07, SSR Oct. '08, SSR Oct. '09, AKV Feb '10, BCV Oct. '10, AKV Feb '11, BCV Oct. '11, VWL Feb '12, BCV Oct. '12, AKV Feb '13, BCV Oct. '13, AKV Feb '14, VGF/Disney Dream/BWV Oct '14, SSR Feb '15, AKV Oct '15, BLT Mar '16, SSR Oct '16, SSR Feb '17, Poly Oct '17, SSR Feb '18, OKW Oct '18, RIV Oct '20
DL: May '00, Mar. '06,
Aulani: May '19
B'rer Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 11:12 AM   #8
zulaya
Grand Villa

No menu yet.

From the Disney Parks Blog post:

Our Disney Imagineers are excited to have created this experience for Executive Chef Marc Kusche to showcase his culinary wonders. The Space 220 restaurant menu will feature stellar dishes and gourmet recipes, with a two-course prix fixe menu for lunch, and a three-course prix fixe menu for dinner. The upscale, contemporary fare will bring new meaning to “the height of dining!” Rounding out the meal will be unique beverages – from fine wine to atmospheric cocktails and more.

DVC Member since 2002.

Next trip: Hopefully 2021
zulaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 11:25 AM   #9
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by B'rer Karen View Post
Ooh, I wonder if Mid-September means I have a shot during my trip from 9/11 - 9/18? I'm hoping that even if ressies aren't yet available it will be available for walk ups.
Yeah...we will be there Aug 28 to Sept 18. Would love to get an ADR for same time frame you are looking.

Do they start a new venue with walk ups only or will they open ADRs for booking? Anyone remember from BOG and other hot new venues when they opened?

Owners since 2006- BWV & CCV
Next trip(s): 9/3-7 at BCV and 2/12/2022 Odyssey of the Seas Cruise

Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 11:37 AM   #10
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulaya View Post
No menu yet.

From the Disney Parks Blog post:

Our Disney Imagineers are excited to have created this experience for Executive Chef Marc Kusche to showcase his culinary wonders. The Space 220 restaurant menu will feature stellar dishes and gourmet recipes, with a two-course prix fixe menu for lunch, and a three-course prix fixe menu for dinner. The upscale, contemporary fare will bring new meaning to “the height of dining!” Rounding out the meal will be unique beverages – from fine wine to atmospheric cocktails and more.
Ugh, with a weird allergy and a small appetite, I find prix fixe difficult to want to go to. I'm sure we'll try once, but won't be rushing to get in