home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-07-2021, 09:27 AM   #1
FreakyApe
Studio

Default stormalong covid and slides? are they open? masks to get across sidewalk?

We are going in a few weeks to 'ol BCV. We are planning a slow-paced trip with plenty of pool time.

My son and I both love the water slides, especially the tall one. Does anyone know how that works with covid protocols? In case you aren't aware, you have to actually exit the pool deck and cross a sidewalk to get to the slide entrance at stormalong.

I am kind of assuming they just sort of treat that patch of sidewalk as pool deck, but I want to make sure I'm not in for a shock.

Thanks!
FreakyApe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:33 AM   #2
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

No mask for the slides and pools.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:37 AM   #3
FreakyApe
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
No mask for the slides and pools.
thanks, but what about getting between the slides and the pool at stormalong specifically?
Old 04-07-2021, 11:34 AM   #4
runDisneyDVC
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

We were there on spring break a few weeks ago. We went to stormalong one day and after that decided there were too many people for our comfort so we used the "hidden" quiet pool (hidden because BCH is not yet open to guests) which we had completely to ourselves several times.

Generally masks can come off once you are in the pool area, walking to slides, between pools, etc. Plenty of people sunbathing without them in their chairs also.

Supposed to mask up before leaving the pool area to get food, use the restroom, etc.
runDisneyDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 11:44 AM   #5
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by runDisneyDVC View Post
We were there on spring break a few weeks ago. We went to stormalong one day and after that decided there were too many people for our comfort so we used the "hidden" quiet pool (hidden because BCH is not yet open to guests) which we had completely to ourselves several times.
In October we found even the BCV quiet pool to be quiet enough in the morning. We had thought about the "hidden" quiet pool, but there was really ne need.

Even SAB was not too bad one day, but we don't go there often anyway.

Cheers.
Old 04-07-2021, 12:16 PM   #6
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyApe View Post
thanks, but what about getting between the slides and the pool at stormalong specifically?
Youíll be fine. They canít insist on mask wearing walking from the main pool to the slide entrance since you canít wear them coming down the slide.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 07:18 PM   #7
meeskamooska
Two Bedroom

We just got back. Masks are not required in the pool area or when going to the big slide. The pool area is pretty relaxed as far as Covid is concerned.
meeskamooska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 09:34 AM   #8
FreakyApe
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeskamooska View Post
We just got back. Masks are not required in the pool area or when going to the big slide. The pool area is pretty relaxed as far as Covid is concerned.
Thanks!
Old 04-09-2021, 09:52 AM   #9
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by runDisneyDVC View Post

Generally masks can come off once you are in the pool area, walking to slides, between pools, etc. Plenty of people sunbathing without them in their chairs also.

Supposed to mask up before leaving the pool area to get food, use the restroom, etc.
I've walked past that "hidden" pool any number of times, but don't recall ever seeing anyone in it. They could fill it with Jello™ and I swear no one (except you) would notice.
Old 04-09-2021, 09:59 AM   #10
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
I've walked past that "hidden" pool any number of times, but don't recall ever seeing anyone in it. They could fill it with Jelloô and I swear no one (except you) would notice.
Thatís the one towards Epcot? Where the laundry is.

Back on our first onsite stay we used it! It was close to our room and I had laundry to do.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote