home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-02-2021, 07:47 PM   #1
wdw1972
Grand Villa

Default Sue's March 2021 - Beach Club Villas for a Short Flower & Garden Visit

Who/When/Where:

Who: Sue (62), DVC Member
Dates: March 3 Ė 6, 2021
Resort: Disneyís Beach Club Villas Resort
Experience: Very Experienced Ė 53rd stay at BCV

INTRODUCTION:
The last trip was in January, where I canceled the separate studio Iíd booked for a friend (Holli) before having her join us in the treehouse. Since my use year is April, I needed to use those points for something else before they expired on 3/31/21 (it was past the window to bank them into the next year). I looked for something in mid February since Chris & Amanda were back with her mom that weekend, but nothing worked out. I ended up booking late February somewhere. Shortly after, I realized my reservation was in the ďdead zoneĒ Ė after Festival of the Arts but too soon for Flower & Garden. I kept checking, and stumbled across Wed Ė Fri nights at Beach Club Villas in early March, which I assumed would align with Flower & Garden, so I moved the reservation to those dates. As it turned out, Flower & Garden was announced to begin on my arrival day! I wouldnít want to be anywhere other than BCV or BWV, so this was perfect.

Unfortunately the normal concert series will not be happening, but I will have the food booths and hopefully nice weather (nicer than Gainesville). There will also be a local band performing Friday Ė Monday nights, so I hope to catch that on Friday. My priority for the trip is pool time and doing Epcot later in the day, but it looks like it will be a little too cool for the pool time. I booked Epcot park reservations for arrival day (Wednesday) and my last full day (Friday), mainly because I had no desire to bother with some of the other parks. I did book Animal Kingdom for Thursday, hoping to enjoy the pool in the afternoon and hopping into Epcot later. Saturday is my departure day and Iím not one to hang around for Epcot to open at 11, so most likely Iíll drive back to Gainesville in the morning. Last trip Epcot was so mobbed on Sunday of a holiday weekend Iím really glad this trip doesnít include weekend days. Itís gotten to where the only nice time to visit any parks is on the weekdays.

I havenít booked any restaurants, since I typically enjoy the festival food at the kiosks. I do miss my oooey gooey breakfast sandwich from Boardwalk Bakery (during covid they cut 2 of the 3 breakfast sandwiches out, including that one). Big River Grill recently reopened, so I might wander over there. March is a nice time of year to sit outside on the boardwalk. Theyíre still doing the noisy exterior maintenance work at Beach Club Villas, which means the quiet pool is probably not going to be quiet. Iím sure Iíll give it a try, but if itís too bad Iíll have to switch over to Stormalong Bay. Despite these negatives, just being away from work will be a huge plus!

The plans so far are:
Wednesday 3/3: Drive to WDW, Epcot
Thursday 3/4: Animal Kingdom, Pool, Epcot
Friday 3/5: Pool, Epcot
Saturday 3/6: Drive to Gainesville

wdw1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 09:49 PM   #2
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Enjoy!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 10:05 PM   #3
Raspus
Two Bedroom

Sounds like a fun trip. Enjoy the festival.
Old 03-03-2021, 08:40 AM   #4
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

Enjoy! We are right on your heels!
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 12:29 PM   #5
reblzmom
Grand Villa

Enjoy - we were supposed to be at BWV 3/4 to 3/8 but had to cancel last minute. Would have flagged you down if I saw you again this time!
Old 03-03-2021, 01:21 PM   #6
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

Iím very interested in your food reports to know what to try or not try and if itís worth the risk.
Old 03-03-2021, 01:46 PM   #7
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
Iím very interested in your food reports to know what to try or not try and if itís worth the risk.
Consider Compass and Ale for breakfast or bread service take out . It was delicious .
Shewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 02:30 PM   #8
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shewill View Post
Consider Compass and Ale for breakfast or bread service take out . It was delicious .
I'm having breakfast there tomorrow with some friends from my old home. We have never been there for "normal" breakfast. We ate there on Christmas day once, but it was a buffet so the regular menu was gone.

Excited now! And, I'm still looking for a breakfast place with my mom too.
Old 03-03-2021, 03:03 PM   #9
richviii
Two Bedroom

Looking forward to the trip report. We are following right behind you arriving at BCV on Friday. Sooooo ready. enjoy

Recent
2021 March - BCV, Jan - BCV - COVID Cancelled
2020 Dec - COVID Cancelled - Oct - BCV/DRR, May - DCL and DRR - COVID Cancelled 2019 Jan - AKV, Apr - HHI, Apr - CCV, BCV, May - Off-Site, Jun Poly, Nov BLT 2018 Jan - Swan & Dolphin, Apr - BCV, July - Disneyland, Sept - BLT, Nov - Swan & Dolphin, BLT 2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani, Dec - BWV & BLT 2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 09:49 PM   #10
SnowWhite4
Grand Villa

Following along. Enjoy!