home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-01-2021, 05:26 PM   #1
brewsard2
One Bedroom

Default Steak

With Yachtsman Steakhouse closed, I am looking for the next best (imo) place to have a good steak on Disney property.

We've done Le Cellier (once was great, 2x was better than average). Other options would be STK at Disney Springs or Shula's Steak House in the Dolphin, never been to either.

What do you all think?

Is there another option I'm missing?
brewsard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 05:34 PM   #2
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Well, I will say that we found Yachtsman to be very mediocre for steak, despite the "show" of the aging room in front. So, with that as backdrop to my comments ...

Cali Grill has great steak. For STK, we have only gone for their Happy Hour as the prices are great, but they do have steak bite things that give me the impression that the actual steaks are quite nice.

Cheers.
Old 03-01-2021, 05:37 PM   #3
frank808
Two Bedroom

Have enjoyed Shulas more than Le Cellier. Loved the ribeye at Le Cellier for many visits. The last two times have been just OK so have been going to Shulas more. From years before we would say Le Cellier but for the past couple years it has been Shulas.

Went to Yachtmans once and thought the steak was not worth the price. It was good but would rather go to Ruth Chris.
Old 03-01-2021, 07:09 PM   #4
Disney Legend
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Well, I will say that we found Yachtsman to be very mediocre for steak, despite the "show" of the aging room in front. So, with that as backdrop to my comments ...

Cali Grill has great steak. For STK, we have only gone for their Happy Hour as the prices are great, but they do have steak bite things that give me the impression that the actual steaks are quite nice.

Cheers.
Best steak I ever had was at Flying Fish.
Disney Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 07:11 PM   #5
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Legend View Post
Best steak I ever had was at Flying Fish.
I have not had their steak (somehow the name says I should have seafood ), but the seafood quality has me not surprised about steak quality.

Cheers.
Old 03-01-2021, 07:22 PM   #6
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

I've been to Shula's, and though I didn't order steak, a selection of raw steaks was brought out for my perusal, and they appeared to be top notch. I will say it is a first class operation from top to bottom.
Old 03-01-2021, 07:24 PM   #7
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
I've been to Shula's, and though I didn't order steak, a selection of raw steaks was brought out for my perusal, and they appeared to be top notch! I will say it is a first class operation from top to bottom.
My one experience there the steaks were just OK (substandard for the price) and they tried to rip us off on "bottled water" charges. Service was brusque, at best. One and done.

Cheers.
Old 03-01-2021, 07:30 PM   #8
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
My one experience there the steaks were just OK (substandard for the price) and they tried to rip us off on "bottled water" charges. Service was brusque, at best. One and done.

Cheers.
"For the price" they would have to be truly amazing. One shouldn't go there expecting to get a good deal. Service was brusque in the sense of being direct with no effort to be friendly, but not at all offensive. That's just their style, perhaps their way of being "professional".

But yes one and done. My visit was motivated by "try all TS places at least once". That was accomplished.
Old 03-01-2021, 07:34 PM   #9
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
"For the price" they would have to be truly amazing. One shouldn't go there expecting to get a good deal.
I meant "for the price" relative to other similarly-priced higher-end steak places. Not a "value for the money" proposition. Just an apples-to-apples comparison.

Cheers.
Old 03-01-2021, 07:41 PM   #10
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Weirdly enough the only steak my steak loving husband remembers eating and liking more than once was at the GF cafe. For him Le Cellier was totally forgettable. He says in general FL is not where he's ever had fantastic steak even at a top steak place in Tampa. Take that for what you will.