home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-01-2021, 10:48 AM   #1
Rocket22
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default park availability - does it ever open up once gone?

We have our 3 days at HS booked but want to look to switch but not avail for guests (3/22-3/26) does this ever open up again or is most likely gone?
Rocket22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 10:55 AM   #2
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Iím not sure about dates as close as yours, but Iím counting on dates opening back up once the limits are raised. Hoping that will be before the fall.
Old 03-01-2021, 11:52 AM   #3
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

I think some of the dates were already replenished. I remember reading something about this, but I cannot remember where. Every date except for October 1st 2021.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 11:59 AM   #4
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket22 View Post
We have our 3 days at HS booked but want to look to switch but not avail for guests (3/22-3/26) does this ever open up again or is most likely gone?
They definitely refresh availability as things get closer to your trip, but I think it's more about giving the leftovers to AP once they know that hotel guests or cash tickets are already set. What kind of tickets do you have? As of Tuesday it seems that AP availability was wide open for March. Here is a link to a WDWMagic post showing the dates you are asking about:

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...65672/page-119
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 12:21 PM   #5
NoDavidOnlyZuul
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Same boat. We will be there March 14-19 and MK and HS are out completely. I booked what I wanted so we will at least be at a different park the first 4 days, but my last two days were up in the air because there are other people in my party so my wife and I have a 2nd day at MK on the 18th where my sister and aunt do not because they did not tell me what they wanted so I picked Epcot for them. Then to round our last day our options were Epcot and AK. Hoping worse case that availability opens up again between now and the 16th.
NoDavidOnlyZuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 12:25 PM   #6
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket22 View Post

In the past, a few park reservations tend to pop up due to cancellations or "other" reasons. Just check the app often to see if a Park Reservation will open for your days.
Old 03-01-2021, 01:03 PM   #7
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

It's interesting that hotel reservations over ride the system. I tried to make a park reservation for DD who has an AP and there were those passes available, but with her hotel reservation, I couldn't get it to do AP reservation.

I could be doing something wrong though too. I'm not sure.
Old 03-01-2021, 01:24 PM   #8
richviii
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
I think some of the dates were already replenished. I remember reading something about this, but I cannot remember where. Every date except for October 1st 2021.
And I kick myself for not just buying a one day ticket to secure that day. DD and DW both have reservations but I don't. Hoping they open more as we get closer.

Recent
2021 March - BCV, Jan - BCV - COVID Cancelled
2020 Dec - COVID Cancelled - Oct - BCV/DRR, May - DCL and DRR - COVID Cancelled 2019 Jan - AKV, Apr - HHI, Apr - CCV, BCV, May - Off-Site, Jun Poly, Nov BLT 2018 Jan - Swan & Dolphin, Apr - BCV, July - Disneyland, Sept - BLT, Nov - Swan & Dolphin, BLT 2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani, Dec - BWV & BLT 2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 01:32 PM   #9
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

It will be interesting to see how park hopping goes now that spring breakers are there. I think we'll be there too early to see how busy times will work.
Old 03-01-2021, 01:33 PM   #10
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by richviii View Post
And I kick myself for not just buying a one day ticket to secure that day. DD and DW both have reservations but I don't. Hoping they open more as we get closer.
They may. 10/1 is a long way off.