home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-01-2021, 08:33 AM   #1
melk
Grand Villa

Default Late checkout or quiet SSR spot?

My dd is going to be at SSR in a couple of weeks. She plans on working remotely a little but on the day of checkout she just found out she has a mandatory zoom meeting from 10-12.

Anyone have any success ever with DVC for a 12:00 checkout? Or is there a quiet spot at SSR anyone can recommend for her to attend her meeting?

Thanks for any suggestions.
melk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 09:21 AM   #2
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

No late cheek-outs are allowed or given.

SSR does have a private room were a guest can use a computer, print out docs, etc. Stop up at the front desk to inquire about using the room. If its not available, there is a lobby, on the other side of the gift shop, that is never used and rarely traveled thru. To access, just go to the back of the store and to the right, is a hall that leads to the unused lobby.
Old 03-01-2021, 09:29 AM   #3
melk
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post

SSR does have a private room were a guest can use a computer, print out docs, etc. Stop up at the front desk to inquire about using the room. If its not available, there is a lobby, on the other side of the gift shop, that is never used and rarely traveled thru. To access, just go to the back of the store and to the right, is a hall that leads to the unused lobby.
Thank you, that helps.
Old 03-01-2021, 02:49 PM   #4
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

She could book a breakfast at Whispering Canyon that morning (at WL). Then go over for breakfast and afterwards head to the lobby of BRV (they even have a fireplace in there). I only suggest this because it's what we did one year we were waiting for a late flight and staying at SSR. And my 2 DDs (HS at the time) had homework to do so we sat in that little den at BRV and they got out their laptops and worked on school work. Could do the same and book Ale and Compass breakfast and find many quiet spots in YC/BC/BCV to do zoom.

Owners since 2006- BWV & CCV
Next trip(s): 4/25 at OKW & 4/26-5/8 off site, 9/1 at AKV (club) & 9/2-7 at BCV and 2/12/2022 Odyssey of the Seas Cruise

Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 02:58 PM   #5
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Not supposed to be allowed but they are given. We once had a 2BR (lock off) at Vero Beach and arrived around noon. They said our studio part was ready and gave us a key to that so we could drop our luggage and change into bathing suits. When we took our luggage up the family in our 1BR part was just checking out (just taking all their luggage out). They left around 12:30 and then we had to wait for them to clean it and didn't get room until pretty close to the 4pm time. I suspect it happens a lot more then we know.

Next trip(s): 4/25 at OKW & 4/26-5/8 off site, 9/1 at AKV (club) & 9/2-7 at BCV and 2/12/2022 Odyssey of the Seas Cruise

Old 03-01-2021, 03:05 PM   #6
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
Not supposed to be allowed but they are given. We once had a 2BR (lock off) at Vero Beach and arrived around noon. They said our studio part was ready and gave us a key to that so we could drop our luggage and change into bathing suits. When we took our luggage up the family in our 1BR part was just checking out (just taking all their luggage out). They left around 12:30 and then we had to wait for them to clean it and didn't get room until pretty close to the 4pm time. I suspect it happens a lot more then we know.
Did the front desk say that the prior guest was granted a late checkout, or did they just not vacate the room until 12:30?

It's odd that the resort would let you occupy the studio portion of a lock-off when the 1-bedroom portion was not yet cleaned.
Old 03-01-2021, 03:54 PM   #7
melk
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
She could book a breakfast at Whispering Canyon that morning (at WL). Then go over for breakfast and afterwards head to the lobby of BRV (they even have a fireplace in there). I only suggest this because it's what we did one year we were waiting for a late flight and staying at SSR. And my 2 DDs (HS at the time) had homework to do so we sat in that little den at BRV and they got out their laptops and worked on school work. Could do the same and book Ale and Compass breakfast and find many quiet spots in YC/BC/BCV to do zoom.
That is a great quiet space at BRV. I hadnít thought of that. Thanks!
Old 03-01-2021, 04:21 PM   #8
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

I have been given a late check-out from the front desk at VGC on the rare occasion. I think they just pushed my room off to the end of the cleaning cycle, but definitely would make other plans if you needed the room. It's very rare, but it can happen.

Where I'm Going 2020:
Aulani - Sunday, December 20 - Friday, January 1, 2021
cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 04:43 PM   #9
reblzmom
Grand Villa

We asked at BCV once as we were moving to BWV that day, but my son and DIL didn't arrive until very late the night before. I asked if we could stay until 1:00 but they agreed on 12:00.
Old 03-01-2021, 06:15 PM   #10
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
Did the front desk say that the prior guest was granted a late checkout, or did they just not vacate the room until 12:30?

It's odd that the resort would let you occupy the studio portion of a lock-off when the 1-bedroom portion was not yet cleaned.
They had the room key set to only enter the studio part (lock off so it had door to studio as well as door to the 1BR). Our key would not access the 1BR and the connecting door was locked on 1BR side until they cleaned. I was glad they did it so we could dump our luggage in the room and get into our swim suits to go to the beach. BUt was shocked that the other guests checked out at 12:30. Irritated, slightly, that it held me up from going to the grocery store. But we had access by 4pm and that's the stated time so, technically, we got it on time.