home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-22-2021, 09:09 AM   #1
amydevoe
One Bedroom

Default 6 Night Split Stay TR

We just returned from a 6-night split stay. I have to say we had a wonderful time. The parks were crazy busy but the resorts were great.
Our first 3 nights were at Copper Creek in a 2-BR. And now we'll never want anything other than a 2-BR! It was so nice having 2 separate sleeping areas and the living room was able to be used for just watching TV, eating meals, and relaxing. We arrived on Monday 2/15, mid afternoon. We decided to rent a car this trip and soon after we landed we received the text that our room was ready. We stopped to pick up our grocery order, went to our room (no issues with the MB's), dropped our bags and hit Geyser Point for a late lunch/early dinner. We spent some time in the pool and just enjoying the atmosphere of the WL.
Tuesday we had an AK park pass and we arrived at 8:00. FOP was already an hour wait so we opted to hit Dinosaur, the safari, and Everest. The park was crowded but people were very good about wearing masks and social distancing.
As our week went on, we realized that rope drop is really not the time to go. It's best later in the day. Wait times for Navi and FOP were down to 30-40 mins at about 3:00 when the park closed at 5:00.
After seeing what we wanted to see in AK, we went back to the hotel for some more pool time. We had dinner reservations at Frontera Cocina. It was a good dinner, nothing too amazing. DS was very crowded so we did not spend a lot of time there after we ate. We did hop over to MK which was still busy but we were able to do a few rides.
Wednesday we had a pass for MK and again we were there before opening, got in line for Space Mountain, which had already posted an hour wait, but the ride wasn't actually working. So we waited about 20 mins then decided to get out of line because they kept saying they had no idea how long it would be down. We did some other rides then went back to the resort and did the hidden Mickey scavenger hunt at Boulder Ridge and made a Mickey Tie-Dyed shirt. That was a lot of fun. It was really great exploring the report and taking advantage of some of the resort activities.
Copper Creek has risen to the top of the list as one of our favorites. The room and the food options were great. On a side note, the hotel side was not open and they were doing some renovations there. We could see new mattresses on the beds (still wrapped in plastic) and construction tape in several areas.
amydevoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 10:03 AM   #2
amydevoe
One Bedroom

Thursday we had a park pass for HS. I was able to get a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance at 7:00 and we were group 61. We had all of out things packed and ready to check out. We drove over to Boardwalk, left our luggage and groceries with bell services, then walked to HS. First up was Runaway Railway. We waited about 50 mins (posted time was 60). Then we went to Toy Story Mania where we waited about 40 mins. Then it was time for our boarding group. I want to say we were called at about noon. While we were in line for Railway, I got a call from The Boardwalk asking if we wanted a room that was ready or if we wanted to wait for the room request we put in. We opted for the room that was ready but it was nice to know they did acknowledge the room request. We went back to the resort and went straight to our 1-BR Boardwalk View villa. The rooms here are in need of refurb. The BW is great due to it's proximity to 2 parks and the BW view was amazing but the rooms are dated. Food options at BW were more limited. The Bakery and Pizza window were open or you could walk to the Beach Club for hot breakfast items from the Marketplace.
Since we were so close to Epcot, we did a mobile order at Regal Eagle for dinner one night and from Three Bridges another night. I do like the mobile ordering. And since we had the car, it was easy to pick up and take back to our room. I was irritated though that Beaches and Cream did not have mobile ordering or anything to-go. We just wanted some ice cream and they said we'd need a reservation and to come into the restaurant to eat. The complete opposite of what we should be doing right now. With Ample Hills closed, ice cream was hard to come by.
Friday was our Epcot pass day. We only rode Test Track and Figment. We painted the Festival of the Arts Mural and tried to do the Figment scavenger hunt but it was all sold out. We couldn't find any Festival merchandise. Everything was gone. I know it was the last weekend but we were disappointed we couldn't get a pin or t-shirt.
Saturday we had another AK pass. We had lunch reservations at Sanaa then went to the park. We rode FOP and walked the Maharajah trail. Then we went back to BW to do some laundry and pack up for check out on Sunday.
Overall it was an amazing trip. The parks were crowded but the resorts were not. It was weird to see the hotel side of things closed at WL, BW, and Beach Club. It was relaxing and a wonderful escape from the cold in the northeast. We had pool time, park time, resort time.
Old 02-22-2021, 10:52 AM   #3
AlwaysDreamingDisney
Grand Villa

Glad you had fun. I think they try to dump all of the festival goods in the last week or two of the festival - last year they had the items at a 25% discount and let you use the AP discount on top of that. They’d rather get all the $$$ they can so they don’t have to sell the gear elsewhere afterwards for a lot less cash!

Proud owner at VWL

Had owned at VGC, SSR and OKW too. Sad to see those points go but became neighbors of the Mouse!!!
AlwaysDreamingDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 07:43 PM   #4
Hi from RI
Grand Villa

Thanks for the trip report sounds wonderful!

ME Nicole ,DH , DS : , DD , DD
Hi from RI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 08:47 PM   #5
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by amydevoe View Post
Thursday we had a park pass for HS. I was able to get a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance at 7:00 and we were group 61. We had all of out things packed and ready to check out. We drove over to Boardwalk, left our luggage and groceries with bell services, then walked to HS. First up was Runaway Railway. We waited about 50 mins (posted time was 60). Then we went to Toy Story Mania where we waited about 40 mins. Then it was time for our boarding group. I want to say we were called at about noon. While we were in line for Railway, I got a call from The Boardwalk asking if we wanted a room that was ready or if we wanted to wait for the room request we put in. We opted for the room that was ready but it was nice to know they did acknowledge the room request. We went back to the resort and went straight to our 1-BR Boardwalk View villa. The rooms here are in need of refurb. The BW is great due to it's proximity to 2 parks and the BW view was amazing but the rooms are dated. Food options at BW were more limited. The Bakery and Pizza window were open or you could walk to the Beach Club for hot breakfast items from the Marketplace.
Since we were so close to Epcot, we did a mobile order at Regal Eagle for dinner one night and from Three Bridges another night. I do like the mobile ordering. And since we had the car, it was easy to pick up and take back to our room. I was irritated though that Beaches and Cream did not have mobile ordering or anything to-go. We just wanted some ice cream and they said we'd need a reservation and to come into the restaurant to eat. The complete opposite of what we should be doing right now. With Ample Hills closed, ice cream was hard to come by.
Friday was our Epcot pass day. We only rode Test Track and Figment. We painted the Festival of the Arts Mural and tried to do the Figment scavenger hunt but it was all sold out. We couldn't find any Festival merchandise. Everything was gone. I know it was the last weekend but we were disappointed we couldn't get a pin or t-shirt.
Saturday we had another AK pass. We had lunch reservations at Sanaa then went to the park. We rode FOP and walked the Maharajah trail. Then we went back to BW to do some laundry and pack up for check out on Sunday.
Overall it was an amazing trip. The parks were crowded but the resorts were not. It was weird to see the hotel side of things closed at WL, BW, and Beach Club. It was relaxing and a wonderful escape from the cold in the northeast. We had pool time, park time, resort time.
So glad y'all had such a wonderful time. I hope to stay at WL one of these days....
We also discovered how nice it could be to ride things later in the day. We usually don't do that, but seemed to work great on our trips.

DId you all enjoy Regal Eagle ? we've not tried it, but In-laws will be there next week. They have a couple of go-to places they like, but may want to try Regal Eagle.

Thanks again for sharing all the fun!
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 09:01 PM   #6
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Thanks for the summary, glad you enjoyed your trip!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 08:11 AM   #7
Raspus
Two Bedroom

Glad you had a great trip. Thanks for the report.
Old 02-23-2021, 08:36 AM   #8
amydevoe
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimom3 View Post
So glad y'all had such a wonderful time. I hope to stay at WL one of these days....
We also discovered how nice it could be to ride things later in the day. We usually don't do that, but seemed to work great on our trips.

DId you all enjoy Regal Eagle ? we've not tried it, but In-laws will be there next week. They have a couple of go-to places they like, but may want to try Regal Eagle.

Thanks again for sharing all the fun!
We did enjoy Regal Eagle. DH had the ribs which he said were really good and I had the brisket on Texas toast which was also very good. The ribs were dry rub with BBQ on the side so he was able to sauce them to his liking.
Old 02-23-2021, 11:11 AM   #9
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Ahh, the trance of the 2 BRs! Having that extra room is so nice! Wilderness Lodge is also a great place. Glad you enjoyed your trip.