home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-13-2021, 03:14 PM   #1
BeachMouse1
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Top of the World Lounge

So I just closed on my first resale. I dont have my log in and stuff from Disney yet but waiting. Have a cash trip booked in February if we want to go to the Top of the World lounge can we get in as resale buyers? And if so can we get in if we are members but on a cash stay? If so how does that work. I have heard that peoples Magic Bands work but then how do you link your membership to your MDE account so it shows your an owner? Or does that only apply when you book a DVC stay?
BeachMouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 03:24 PM   #2
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMouse1 View Post
So I just closed on my first resale. I dont have my log in and stuff from Disney yet but waiting. Have a cash trip booked in February if we want to go to the Top of the World lounge can we get in as resale buyers? And if so can we get in if we are members but on a cash stay? If so how does that work. I have heard that peoples Magic Bands work but then how do you link your membership to your MDE account so it shows your an owner? Or does that only apply when you book a DVC stay?
Top of the World is open to all members, direct or resale. You usually need to show your DVC card (actual card or digital) plus ID to go up. You check in at a podium in the lobby and your party gets taken to the elevator (the floor 16 button needs an override). You can take everyone on your reservation(s) or possibly 4 guests. Just occasionally people report not having to show ID and a card, but or ally the CMs at the podium are strict on the ID and card policy.

But it isn’t open now.

Oh and at certain times, July 3rd and Dec 30th it’s only for those staying at Bay Lake. July 4th and NYE wee the same but in 2019 they made it a paid event.

You must be staying at any WDW resort or Vero Beach to go up.

Staying on a DVC cash reservation (ie: booked via Member Services) is the same as staying on points by the way. The term is “staying on your membership”. I know this because we had a 3 night stay over NYE as a discounted DVC stay because we couldn’t book on points. We were worried we wouldn’t be allowed up but the doorman explained it was still on our membership.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 03:36 PM   #3
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
DVC card (actual card or digital)
I had forgotten about the Digital Card. But it seems that they don't have a Wallet option available, so not all that useful. Hope they add that.

Quote:
But it isnít open now.
So you can go up. But you can't...

Cheers.
Old 01-13-2021, 05:39 PM   #4
Tuck32
Studio

You can always snap a screen shot of the digital card and just bring the picture up when needed.

Tuck32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 05:43 PM   #5
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck32 View Post
You can always snap a screen shot of the digital card and just bring the picture up when needed.
Oh I know. But that's less convenient I've become a big fan of the Wallet

Cheers.
Old 01-14-2021, 11:08 AM   #6
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

As others have said ToTW is open to all DVC members regardless of membership level. July 4 and NYE and I think Christmas it is only open to those staying at BLT regardless of home points or membership level. 2019 (i think) they changed those desirable dates to a paid event instead of a need to have BLT booked for those nights. I believe any other date you can show screenshot of your membership card to gain access.

Last edited by pooh bears mom; 01-14-2021 at 09:48 PM.
pooh bears mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 09:12 PM   #7
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
As others have said ToTW is open to all DVC members regardless of membership level. July 4 and NYE and I think Christmas it is only open to those staying at BLT regardless of home points or membership level. 2019 (i think) they changed those desirable dates to a paid event instead of a need to have BLT booked for those nights. I believe any other date you can show screenshot your membership card and show that to gain access.

No restrictions on Christmas. Only July 3-4 and December 30-31.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:56 AM   #8
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Oh I know. But that's less convenient I've become a big fan of the Wallet

Cheers.
Iím a big fan of convenient. Especially while on vaycay!
Old Yesterday, 10:09 AM   #9
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck32 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
I had forgotten about the Digital Card. But it seems that they don't have a Wallet option available, so not all that useful.
Quote:
You usually need to show your DVC card (actual card or digital) plus ID to go up. You check in at a podium in the lobby and your party gets taken to the elevator (the floor 16 button needs an override).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Iím a big fan of convenient. Especially while on vaycay!

East to access.....Go to https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com
Go to MyDVC tab on the right
Scroll down to view My membership Card
Select Card.

You can either screen shot the card or print out the card. The digital card/printed card is only good for 3 months.

Takes 1 minutes to do....on your phone.
Old Yesterday, 10:14 AM   #10
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
East to access.....Go to https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com
Go to MyDVC tab on the right
Scroll down to view My membership Card
Select Card.

You can either screen shot the card or print out the card. The digital card/printed card is only good for 3 months.

Takes 1 minutes to do....on your phone.
I actually have one of the old fast pass lanyards that I usually wear into the park. I keep my DVC card, AP, etc. That way I get my discounts...