home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 01-13-2021, 03:14 PM   #1
BeachMouse1
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 34
Default Top of the World Lounge

So I just closed on my first resale. I dont have my log in and stuff from Disney yet but waiting. Have a cash trip booked in February if we want to go to the Top of the World lounge can we get in as resale buyers? And if so can we get in if we are members but on a cash stay? If so how does that work. I have heard that peoples Magic Bands work but then how do you link your membership to your MDE account so it shows your an owner? Or does that only apply when you book a DVC stay?
BeachMouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 03:24 PM   #2
Nickys
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 3,531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachMouse1 View Post
So I just closed on my first resale. I dont have my log in and stuff from Disney yet but waiting. Have a cash trip booked in February if we want to go to the Top of the World lounge can we get in as resale buyers? And if so can we get in if we are members but on a cash stay? If so how does that work. I have heard that peoples Magic Bands work but then how do you link your membership to your MDE account so it shows your an owner? Or does that only apply when you book a DVC stay?
Top of the World is open to all members, direct or resale. You usually need to show your DVC card (actual card or digital) plus ID to go up. You check in at a podium in the lobby and your party gets taken to the elevator (the floor 16 button needs an override). You can take everyone on your reservation(s) or possibly 4 guests. Just occasionally people report not having to show ID and a card, but or ally the CMs at the podium are strict on the ID and card policy.

But it isn’t open now.

Oh and at certain times, July 3rd and Dec 30th it’s only for those staying at Bay Lake. July 4th and NYE wee the same but in 2019 they made it a paid event.

You must be staying at any WDW resort or Vero Beach to go up.

Staying on a DVC cash reservation (ie: booked via Member Services) is the same as staying on points by the way. The term is “staying on your membership”. I know this because we had a 3 night stay over NYE as a discounted DVC stay because we couldn’t book on points. We were worried we wouldn’t be allowed up but the doorman explained it was still on our membership.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 03:36 PM   #3
brp
Add-on Aficionado
 
brp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 19,649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
DVC card (actual card or digital)
I had forgotten about the Digital Card. But it seems that they don't have a Wallet option available, so not all that useful. Hope they add that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
But it isnít open now.
So you can go up. But you can't...

Cheers.
__________________
"...And your head is spinning from a loud guitar"
brp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 05:39 PM   #4
Tuck32
Studio
 
Tuck32's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: MN
Posts: 81
Default

You can always snap a screen shot of the digital card and just bring the picture up when needed.
__________________



Tuck32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 05:43 PM   #5
brp
Add-on Aficionado
 
brp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 19,649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck32 View Post
You can always snap a screen shot of the digital card and just bring the picture up when needed.
Oh I know. But that's less convenient I've become a big fan of the Wallet

Cheers.
__________________
"...And your head is spinning from a loud guitar"
brp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:08 AM   #6
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa
 
pooh bears mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 4,542
Default

As others have said ToTW is open to all DVC members regardless of membership level. July 4 and NYE and I think Christmas it is only open to those staying at BLT regardless of home points or membership level. 2019 (i think) they changed those desirable dates to a paid event instead of a need to have BLT booked for those nights. I believe any other date you can show screenshot of your membership card to gain access.
__________________

Last edited by pooh bears mom; 01-14-2021 at 09:48 PM.
pooh bears mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 09:12 PM   #7
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 36,987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
As others have said ToTW is open to all DVC members regardless of membership level. July 4 and NYE and I think Christmas it is only open to those staying at BLT regardless of home points or membership level. 2019 (i think) they changed those desirable dates to a paid event instead of a need to have BLT booked for those nights. I believe any other date you can show screenshot your membership card and show that to gain access.

No restrictions on Christmas. Only July 3-4 and December 30-31.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:56 AM   #8
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado
 
ermindy1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 10,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Oh I know. But that's less convenient I've become a big fan of the Wallet

Cheers.
Iím a big fan of convenient. Especially while on vaycay!
__________________
(ME, Mindy) (DH, Tim) (DS, Brandon) (DD, Emily, Emma, or Princess, lol!) (DSGF, Heather)
ermindy1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:09 AM   #9
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide
 
tomandrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 37,441
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck32 View Post
You can always snap a screen shot of the digital card and just bring the picture up when needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
I had forgotten about the Digital Card. But it seems that they don't have a Wallet option available, so not all that useful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
You usually need to show your DVC card (actual card or digital) plus ID to go up. You check in at a podium in the lobby and your party gets taken to the elevator (the floor 16 button needs an override).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Iím a big fan of convenient. Especially while on vaycay!

East to access.....Go to https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com
Go to MyDVC tab on the right
Scroll down to view My membership Card
Select Card.

You can either screen shot the card or print out the card. The digital card/printed card is only good for 3 months.

Takes 1 minutes to do....on your phone.
__________________
Love, Faith and Pixie dust!
tomandrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:14 AM   #10
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado
 
ermindy1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 10,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
East to access.....Go to https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com
Go to MyDVC tab on the right
Scroll down to view My membership Card
Select Card.

You can either screen shot the card or print out the card. The digital card/printed card is only good for 3 months.

Takes 1 minutes to do....on your phone.
I actually have one of the old fast pass lanyards that I usually wear into the park. I keep my DVC card, AP, etc. That way I get my discounts...
__________________
(ME, Mindy) (DH, Tim) (DS, Brandon) (DD, Emily, Emma, or Princess, lol!) (DSGF, Heather)
ermindy1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:32 AM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software