home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-20-2020, 11:53 AM   #1
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Default How is the weather there?

Last minute frantic packing. I have checked weather app, etc, and see the highs around 80 or 82 a lot of days. I know from experience I tend to overdress, and the days are hotter than most predictions....but how is it now?
I remember from past Thanksgiving trips, that evenings can be rather chilly so prepping for that. I think the problem is I'm trying to bring too much. We have a 1 bedroom, so will be washing.....we always bring way too much stuff!

Also, priority for the morning: watch the latest Mandalorian. Set alarms early to get that in. Very good episode!
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 12:02 PM   #2
LauraLea
One Bedroom

Now thru early spring, you really have to pack to dress in layers. Mornings and evenings can be cool, but sunshine and warm temperatures make the afternoons nice.

Before we moved to Florida, I really hated packing for this time of the year. Have seen some brutally cold winters and some unseasonable hot ones as well.

Laura
LauraLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 12:09 PM   #3
CaptJacksFamily
Grand Villa

Great weather here now. For the next several days highs in the high 70s and lows in the mid 60s with fairly low humidity (for Florida). Light Jacket in the evenings but at least I won't be changing out of my shorts. No rain in the forecast but then again it is Florida so always expect some....

I like to use the NOAA weather for short range highly accurate forecasts
Old 11-20-2020, 03:47 PM   #4
Adelard of Bath
Grand Villa

We usually go in January or February...but been there in November and December...my experience is the sun goes down and I'm freezing, wearing two sweatshirts and wishing I had pants, my wife thinking I'm crazy. You try to complain to the friends back home in Minnesota about how you are dying because it is 50 and they are like "well it's high of minus 20 here so stop crying" but they don't understand that I'm trying to have a Florida vacation and 50 degrees at night is not helping.

Of course there are also the times when even the locals say it is a heat wave and I remember trying to do Mickey's Christmas Party and it was 92 at 11pm and poor Mrs Claus is trying to give out hot cocoa.
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 03:49 PM   #5
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Iím in shorts all day with a zip up light sweatshirt I had on this morning and Iím always cold. Iíve been comfortable all day.

Yesterday I was in Jean capris at Epcot. I would have been too warm today.

Breezy though.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 05:37 PM   #6
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Sun is going down...itís a bit chilly.
Old 11-20-2020, 07:29 PM   #7
Hi from RI
Grand Villa

Went on Nov twice....yes warm in day time with short sleeves etc and nice and cool at night. But does feel colder than at home temps because you literally can be at the pool during the day so body temp changes a lot. Love that weather though!

ME Nicole ,DH , DS : , DD , DD
Hi from RI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 10:06 PM   #8
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Thanks all! I brought a little of everything . We have a few rope drop mornings that might be chilly. And hope to stay late tomorrow at Epcot. Iím originally from Louisiana , and usually freezing when it gets in the 60s. Weíre still on the road. Definitely used up all good traffic fortune in Oct for Chattanooga and Atlanta, hit ATL right around 5:00, cluster f$&$ started well before. Then couldnít find our usual Marriott hotels With vacancies along our route until Gainesville . 2 more hours to go, But looking so forward to the escape.
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 11:04 PM   #9
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimom3 View Post
Thanks all! I brought a little of everything . We have a few rope drop mornings that might be chilly. And hope to stay late tomorrow at Epcot. Iím originally from Louisiana , and usually freezing when it gets in the 60s. Weíre still on the road. Definitely used up all good traffic fortune in Oct for Chattanooga and Atlanta, hit ATL right around 5:00, cluster f$&$ started well before. Then couldnít find our usual Marriott hotels With vacancies along our route until Gainesville . 2 more hours to go, But looking so forward to the escape.
Good luck. Kids hit traffic too. It was pretty heavy on Wednesday this week too. Lots of people on the road.

Be safe!
Old 11-21-2020, 11:47 AM   #10
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Better weather than the usual freaking heat.

Iím not chilly at all. Then again, I rarely am... No jacket needed for me. Others will of course differ.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote