home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-18-2020, 10:01 AM   #1
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Default Reading the Rules

I started out being nice. I thought a well-meaning person simply goofed, so I shot them a PM to say what they needed to fix before their ad could be approved. It took three days to hear back, so clearly they weren't that invested in their ad in the first place.

I posted a reminder to read the rules.

I started posting why posts were rejected.

People still aren't reading the rules.

It can't be said any clearer than this: if you don't read the rules, your rental ad will never see the light of day. You will not be helped. We will not take time to walk you through what is spelled out very clearly.

It is a rental forum where strangers put their trust in you. If you cannot follow the most basic guidelines, people should not be renting from you.

75% of today's ads were rejected. 75%.

Read the rules.
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=126328

Those who read the rules (and follow them) will win every time. Every. Time. Their points and reservations will be rented out. Those who don't read the rules will have their points whither and die, gasping for air, crying because nobody cares about them.

I have such an appreciation for Kim's patience, compassion, and kindness now.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 10:43 AM   #2
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

READ THE RULES!!!
Old 11-18-2020, 10:51 AM   #3
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

Feel for you.

Without any of the data, I'm quite sure 100% of the rejects originate from people who contribute virtually nothing to the MO Community but still feel entitled to take advantage of it.

Pay them no mind! (They won't thank you for trying to help, anyway).

The rest of us support you and truly appreciate all you and the other Mods and the site owners do to make this happy p!ace possible. Thank you!

P.S. Wouldn't it be fantastic if the software could generate a large pop up that says: READ THE RULES BEFORE YOU POST!
Carol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 11:43 AM   #4
CaptJacksFamily
Grand Villa

RTFM or in this case RTFR
Old 11-18-2020, 11:53 AM   #5
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

There are rules?!

I never post or read there, just expressing my sympathy for those who need to manage it.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 12:50 PM   #6
jflatto
Grand Villa

I am sorry but the rules do not apply to me. I am "special".

Sorry Dirk that you and Kim have to deal with this. If they can't follow directions, especially when your service is free, they don't deserve to have their ads posted.

Trips:
October, 1992 - Yacht Club - Honeymoon; May/June 2008 - BWV - New DVC Member; May/June 2009 - AKV (Kidani) and BCV; May/June 2010 - VWL; July 2010 - VGC; Christmas 2010 - BLT; May/June, 2011 - Dream Cruise and BWV; July 2011 - Grand Villa at Kidani!; October 2011 - BLT for MNSSHP; June 2012 - BCV; December 2012 - BLT for Christmas; June 2013 - Kidani and BWV; December 2013 - VGF and BLT and then Universal, December 2014 - BWV; May/June 2015 - Universal Studios and AKV and SSR; December 2015 - Fantasy for Christmas; October 2016 - Universal and MNSSHP; May/June 2017 - Universal and BWV; October 2017 - 25th Anniversary - AKV and CCR; June 2018 - Adult only - BWV; Christmas 2019 - RR and BLT
jflatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 04:06 PM   #7
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflatto View Post
I am sorry but the rules do not apply to me. I am "special".

Sorry Dirk that you and Kim have to deal with this. If they can't follow directions, especially when your service is free, they don't deserve to have their ads posted.
And then there are the people who post replies like “I’m interested. Text me at 999-999-9999.” Or “email me at Imspecial@rulebreaker.com” If it isn’t allowed in the ad, why would it be okay in a response???
Old 11-18-2020, 05:39 PM   #8
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

If I am asked about renting I always say read the rules first and then get active on the board. The forums is how you get to know details about dvc and the basic rules . The owner you are renting from should not have to inform you all about dvc rules. I would never rent from any one who did not have a reasonable number of posts on the main boards not just the rent, trade / transfer board . There are too many scammers still out there .
Shewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 06:02 PM   #9
Nickys
Grand Villa

This just reinforces my admiration of you and Kim.

As for this particular numpty, you were clearly unaware that this person was so special that you were supposed to change the rules for his / her benefit.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 06:51 PM   #10
FessParker1
Grand Villa

This is the first thing you see when you click on the rent/trade/transfer board.

KINDLY READ THE RTB POSTING RULES, PEOPLE. Really. Placing an ad isn't that hard. Just follow the templates, for heaven's sake.

I guess they must have missed it.