home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-16-2020, 04:59 PM   #1
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Default 2 weeks in Florida (including WDW) 11/28-12/12

Going to WDW first. DH, one DD-21, myself and the doggo (Woody) will drive from PA to FL. Was going to drive to MD for Thanksgiving and then head out early on Fri to arrive by noon on Sat. Set up to board Woody at Best Friend's. And booked us humans at VGF for the 1st night. In a 1BR. Our very first stay at VGF. Then move to 1BR at BCV for next 3 nights. After that we pick up Woody and go to a 3BR home we rented on VRBO. It's in Palm Coast and we booked it for 10 nights. Other DD-21 flies into MCO on Dec 5th and we have to pick her up. She has her final bit of student teaching through Dec 4th (both DDs graduate in Dec). DH is working while we're there, some days.

Booked 3 park days, 2 at Epcot and 1 at AK. Made and tweaked ADRs. Not sure what it will be like, how we'll feel about things and what we will end up doing. We shall see. We don't wait in lines more than, about, 25 mins. May go up to 35 mins. We will see. Have done everything at those parks many times so we're not hard pressed. Would like to get in my fave ride, though...FOP. We will probably end up doing more resort stuff, drinks and people watching. And maybe, just maybe, DH and DD will spend time at SAB with me (doubtful).

The home we rented has covered pool and hot tub. Looking forward to that. And to getting around a new part of FL. Seems we get stuck in Orlando (really Disney bubble mostly) a lot. Always want to explore more than the Disney bubble but never happens.

Might be a glitch in the plans. My mom has a medical issue. A mass in her breast has drastically changed in 6 months and she needs a surgical type biopsy. She is freaking out and can't get an appt until next year. She is trying to get it sooner. Her mom died from breast cancer and had to wait 3 months to get biopsy and by then it was too far along. So if she can get it ASAP, it might be during this trip and I will stay back or come back.

Told DH we need to really think about planning trips anymore. Between both our moms and our dog...and DH always wanting to plan for the kids to come (which they never can)...we just need to give up on making plans in advance. Told him we should just sell ALL our DVC. We just can't book many months out anymore. We have had so many modifications and cancellations in the past 3 years. I have a week booked Sept next year and don't think that will stick.

This trip we had initially booked for our 3 kids to come and DS-23's GF (hence the renting of a 3BR house). Well DS was in a wedding recently and had to fly out for that and the bachelor party so he can't take anymore days off work. Then DDs were set for classes to be done before Thanksgiving. Well....with Covid and all, the teaching DD's student teaching got pushed back and she has to continue past the end of the semester to Dec 4th. Other DD isn't stoked to be only kid going so we booked flight for teaching DD to fly out when she's done. But she will miss the Disney part and I bought her park tix (so I modified them to our Sept 2021 trip for me). Our trip to HHI last month was pushed back 2 weeks because of MIL's cancer surgery. DVC is just not all that feasible at this point in our lives.

Heck, not really all the enthused to be at Disney now anyway. No FP and things being closed. And worries of Covid. ANd we likely won't be doing Thanksgiving in MD with the fams either. With our moms and their medical situations, it's not a good idea. My kids and SIL's kids- some are college and
some working and some living with other kids. They could be carrying Covid and we wouldn't know. So we likely will be heading out from our house on Thanksgiving afternoon. Why not, right!?!?!

Anyway...this should be an interesting ride. Come along if you like. I will bring my laptop and add photos as we go this time. We do have a couple firsts for meals: Topolino's, City Works Pour House and Narcoossee's. And, as mentioned, our first stay at VGF. Plus our first time in Palm Coast. Oh, and a first time driving with the doggo all the way to FL and with using the mouse kennel (Best Friend's).

Owners since 2006- BWV & CCV
Next trip(s): Nov 28- Dec 2 VGF&BCV/ Dec 2-12 Palm Coast, Sept 27- Oct 3 CCV&BWV and 2/12/2022 Odyssey of the Seas Cruise

Last edited by Lamima; 11-16-2020 at 08:15 PM.
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 07:51 PM   #2
Disney Spaz
One Bedroom

I am following along and can’t wait to hear all the details. We have two grown and one 14 year old. We try to book around the grown but have learned that doesn’t always work as well. One always seems to make it, even if at the last minute. We have had to accept “if you make it great, if not we have more us time.”
Disney Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 08:22 PM   #3
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Spaz View Post
I am following along and can’t wait to hear all the details. We have two grown and one 14 year old. We try to book around the grown but have learned that doesn’t always work as well. One always seems to make it, even if at the last minute. We have had to accept “if you make it great, if not we have more us time.”
Thanks! I thought it was tough to plan around the kids schedules in HS with all the varying activities but it's much harder in the grown years. Well, in the between years anyway. Once they get settled in their careers then we will know the best week to include them all. But right now there are so many factors. Who am I kidding...it will always be tough (I remember trying to plan our first full in law family trip in 2011 around all the schedules).

Next trip(s): Nov 28- Dec 2 VGF&BCV/ Dec 2-12 Palm Coast, Sept 27- Oct 3 CCV&BWV and 2/12/2022 Odyssey of the Seas Cruise

Old 11-16-2020, 08:30 PM   #4
Disney Spaz
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
Thanks! I thought it was tough to plan around the kids schedules in HS with all the varying activities but it's much harder in the grown years. Well, in the between years anyway. Once they get settled in their careers then we will know the best week to include them all. But right now there are so many factors. Who am I kidding...it will always be tough (I remember trying to plan our first full in law family trip in 2011 around all the schedules).
Mine are DD 31 & DS 29 and settled and we now pick dates that work for us and our DD 14 and school and they are invited. DS, also a DVC member usually makes it but DD 31 is usually once a year at best. I am hoping grand babies will arrive and rope her back in.
Disney Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 08:39 PM   #5
sawickipedia
Two Bedroom

Wow that's a lot going on! Best wishes to your Mom - my DW had breast cancer (10yrs in the past) and my FIL died from it so I feel her/your concern!

I'll add you to the T-Day list for the 2nd weekend folks (which includes me)
sawickipedia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 08:57 PM   #6
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawickipedia View Post
Wow that's a lot going on! Best wishes to your Mom - my DW had breast cancer (10yrs in the past) and my FIL died from it so I feel her/your concern!

I'll add you to the T-Day list for the 2nd weekend folks (which includes me)
Well, we should have more free time than usual so we could do a meet up.

Old 11-16-2020, 09:06 PM   #7
sawickipedia
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Well, we should have more free time than usual so we could do a meet up.
Hopefully we'll figure something out - the lack of park hopping does make it a bit harder!
Old 11-16-2020, 09:24 PM   #8
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Hopefully we'll figure something out - the lack of park hopping does make it a bit harder!
That no park hopping is my biggest gripe. We'd typically do a park, like AK, and then go into Epcot in the evening for food/drinks. Ugghhh.

Old 11-16-2020, 09:29 PM   #9
sawickipedia
Two Bedroom

Quote:
That no park hopping is my biggest gripe. We'd typically do a park, like AK, and then go into Epcot in the evening for food/drinks. Ugghhh.
Exactly. Like every single night. WDW not realizing this is nuts. I spent a fortune eating at Epcot every trip.
Old 11-16-2020, 09:37 PM   #10
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Exactly. Like every single night. WDW not realizing this is nuts. I spent a fortune eating at Epcot every trip.
This is why we booked 2 of our 3 parks days at Epcot. LOL. We're considering adding another park day for when we pick up the one DD from MCO. To take her to Epcot for dinner and drinks. This will be first trip to WDW since our girls turned 21 (in March). Thought Epcot would be different for them now...margaritas and grand marnier slushies and sangria and....