home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-14-2020, 07:25 AM   #1
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Default Disney Nail Art Turkey Trots Around the World

November 13th-November 30th

Mindy reminded my racing brain that I forgot to say who will join us. Fingers and toes crossed that DD will join us and DS and our DIL. We are at Destino Tower, then Kidani and then Pop. Pop because if DD can’t come it’s an easy cancel and we’ll drive to AL so she isn’t alone. DD and DS haven’t seen each other for over two years. We check in at Pop on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.

So, we begin again. Once I begin something, I finish. So here we go.
We made it to Kansas City, but I need coffee so .... I’ll be back. Arnold reference for Bill.

Last edited by Eeyorelover22; 11-14-2020 at 08:38 AM.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 07:37 AM   #2
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Stay safe and enjoy!!! Hope you have a blast!
Old 11-14-2020, 07:43 AM   #3
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Old 11-14-2020, 07:45 AM   #4
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Old 11-14-2020, 07:46 AM   #5
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Stay safe and enjoy!!! Hope you have a blast!
Thank you!! Have a Mickey bar for me on your staycation!!
Old 11-14-2020, 08:02 AM   #6
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Yesterday was a thrill! My back troubles made some luggage changes and I’m glad I re thought that whole situation. I ditched my cereal in the one Vera duffle for Heavenly Hunks from Costco. These are yummy. Organic squares of oatmeal and chocolate chips compact in a little square. Same calories as my cereal with a lot less room. Cookies for breakfast for 17 days. Bring it on! I switched out my second Vera duffle for a small rolling suitcase because there was no way I could carry that. My Aristocats Loungefly didn’t make the cut either. I made a switch to my Dooney Sketch crossbody bag. It’s not THE CAT BAG but I’m proud for taking a Dooney on a trip. I did grab my crossbody Vera too though as I’m not sure the Dooney will work long term on this trip. We’ll see. My back is teetering on the verge of disaster. So much anxiety heading out. New city. New airport. Mr. I Hate Traveling. After our 3 am adventures to AL two weeks ago, DH is working remote a half day next week so we could leave at 11:30 and arrive in Kansas City while it’s still light outside. He packed the car and I watched due to my back. Since we are now at Destino Tower one night before our Kidani stay I added another change of clothes so we don’t have to bring in all our luggage. Last minute move before heading out the door. I figure Kidani will take time to be ready so we’ll enjoy our day on Sunday after check out. Heat set 55. Water off. We were off 11:35 am. Next Stop Kansas City, MO.
Old 11-14-2020, 08:22 AM   #7
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
Love them!

Great job on the Dooney crossbody! Wise move on adding Vera, though. Sometimes she is more forgiving than D&B. Any idea who will be joining you? Or is this just a couple adventure? Take it easy on your back. Ask mousekeeping for more pillows if necessary, and make your own chaise lounge on the balcony. Chillax and enjoy!

About to wake Spongebob Grumpy Pants up to go buy feed. Next time he’ll leave me the trailer when I ask him to...
Old 11-14-2020, 08:33 AM   #8
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

As we left I saw our Christmas letters, all ready to go, sitting by the desk. I normally mail them the day after Thanksgiving on Black Friday but we return on the 30th. My friend Kim said she’d mail them for me but her mom is in the end stages (she thinks) of terminal lung cancer and I couldn’t ask her. They are trying to keep her out of nursing care due to covid because they won’t be able to see her. She lost her sister to breast cancer in July and the same deal occurred. I am bound and determined to get to the AP store at Epcot for an AP Christmas magnet for her and some Joffrey’s coffee! The coffee will be easier I hope. DH convinced me mailing my cards on December 1st was not late. Baklava arrived before we left so the traditions are set with us being gone over Thanksgiving for the first time in 30 years.

In the first 40 minutes DH probably said 5 times...I hate traveling! He’d be happy as a lark staying home and watching Star Trek for days on end. James Bond marathons would work too. He said, “if anything ever happens to you, I’ll probably never go anywhere again, in all honesty.” He also was instantly tired so the Christmas CDs were out. I should have grabbed Michael and Prince. Maybe if we go to unlimited data we can stream his 80s music. Lots of windmills on the drive. I wondered how they looked during the derecho. They held up well. Our roof wasn’t done before we left. but I won’t worry about whether it’s leaking while we are gone. Drive was 45 minutes longer than Chicago...maybe because traffic at 5 near Midway is a nightmare. It was probably a wash but traffic was so much better...significantly less and the roads were better with no giant potholes. The route was pretty easy and he even commented that he could even make this drive without getting lost. The very end was a bit convoluted but all through the suburbs and pretty easy to follow. 55 into Chi Town is crazy. The hotel here is nice and the price is half of the park and fly at Midway. We are converts. We arrived about 4:30 and he had googled a deli nearby which looked decent. We unpacked the car and we were off for dinner.
Old 11-14-2020, 08:40 AM   #9
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Love them!

Great job on the Dooney crossbody! Wise move on adding Vera, though. Sometimes she is more forgiving than D&B. Any idea who will be joining you? Or is this just a couple adventure? Take it easy on your back. Ask mousekeeping for more pillows if necessary, and make your own chaise lounge on the balcony. Chillax and enjoy!

About to wake Spongebob Grumpy Pants up to go buy feed. Next time he’ll leave me the trailer when I ask him to...
Thanks for the reminder. I added it to the first post.
Sounds like that girls cruise will probably happen since I’m with Spongebob Grumpy Pants’ Twin.
Old 11-14-2020, 09:15 AM   #10
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Sounds like a great start. Hope your back behaves and you have a fabulous time.