home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Springs
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-28-2020, 01:00 PM   #1
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Default Springs at Capacity & Dining Reservations

I saw this on IG yesterday and I was interested because we'll be there over Thanksgiving and Christmas. I may rethink some of our evening plans, but I haven't decided for sure.

I thought I'd post this in case anyone else might run into trouble. I think I did most of mine early in the day, but I'm going back to check.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020/...a-reservation/

"We also chatted with a Disney Cast Member and specifically asked what would happen if we had a dining reservation and Disney Springs reaches capacity. They noted that even though you may have a reservation, that does not guarantee you access to Disney Springs. Instead, you may be turned away from entering Disney Springs, in which case you’ll need to call reservations and let them know you were not able to get in due to capacity issues."
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 01:03 PM   #2
brp
Add-on Aficionado

We were told the opposite by employees- that you can come onsite if you have a reservation, even if at capacity.

Now, finding a place to park and chat with them about it is a different story. So we bailed in this exact case.

Cheers.
Old 10-28-2020, 01:04 PM   #3
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
We were told the opposite by employees- that you can come onsite if you have a reservation, even if at capacity.

Now, finding a place to park and chat with them about it is a different story. So we bailed in this exact case.

Cheers.
Did you have a reservation?
I would imagine the buses won't run there either if they are at capacity.
Uber?
seems like a hassle.
Old 10-28-2020, 01:17 PM   #4
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
Did you have a reservation?
I would imagine the buses won't run there either if they are at capacity.
Uber?
seems like a hassle.
Yes, we had a ressie at STK.

Cheers.
Old 10-28-2020, 01:34 PM   #5
Maddismom
One Bedroom

If in fact they are at capacity AND not allowing those with ADR's in, would the Disney Transportation know this so they drop you off and leave you!?

We were purposely going to take our resort bus there over Thanksgiving and have ADR's thinking we would definitely get in. Otherwise we would take Uber since we don't have a car.
Maddismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 04:20 PM   #6
CaptJacksFamily
Grand Villa

We were there last Friday and it was pretty slow when we went to dinner at about 5:00pm but when we were leaving the garage after dinner the parking structures had closed and there was a long line just to get into the overflow surface parking area. There were open stalls in the garage as we were leaving so I am not sure when or how they reopen them. I would suggest getting there early if possible, with the limited dinning opportunities at the resorts and the early park closings it seems a lot of people head to the springs after the parks.
Old 10-28-2020, 04:33 PM   #7
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Our reservations are for 7:30 during the week so I'm not sure what to think about that. Of course, finding something now might prove to be interesting 20 days out.
Old 10-28-2020, 08:24 PM   #8
sawickipedia
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
I saw this on IG yesterday and I was interested because we'll be there over Thanksgiving and Christmas. I may rethink some of our evening plans, but I haven't decided for sure.

I thought I'd post this in case anyone else might run into trouble. I think I did most of mine early in the day, but I'm going back to check.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020/...a-reservation/

"We also chatted with a Disney Cast Member and specifically asked what would happen if we had a dining reservation and Disney Springs reaches capacity. They noted that even though you may have a reservation, that does not guarantee you access to Disney Springs. Instead, you may be turned away from entering Disney Springs, in which case you’ll need to call reservations and let them know you were not able to get in due to capacity issues."
OMG great question! We have T-Day reservations at DS so hopefully it's quiet on T-Day itself!
sawickipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 08:32 PM   #9
fuzzylogic
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawickipedia View Post
OMG great question! We have T-Day reservations at DS so hopefully it's quiet on T-Day itself!
Ha ~almost~ every restaurant in DS is sold out for T-Day. It will be busy!
(See you there!)

So... this capacity checking... Where do they do it? Is it just a car / parking thing? We went there last week. There was a temp screening after bus drop-off, but no one counting people. Busses were plentiful to DS from several resorts we visited.

The lines to get into this or that shop were sometimes awkwardly long, other times no big deal. Hit and miss. Be interesting to see what the holiday week is like. It's really too bad the California parks have to miss this critical vacation week.
Old 10-28-2020, 08:40 PM   #10
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

I'm also wondering if busses will be running from resorts if DS is full. Sat on Columbus weekend, DH went over around 8 or 8:30 just to pick up Earl/Sandwich, and no issues getting into DS, bus from BCV. But then I sw people were posting that signs indicated DS at capacity.

we may also be scrounging on Thanksgiving day. I have seen some availability here and there at DS when I ck the app, but nothing we want to try. We may just get some fixins and eat in the room, if we can't find anything else.
I would expect DS to be very busy Black Friday into the weekend. and we're hoping to work it into Saturday if possible.
Jedimom3 is online now   Reply With Quote