home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-16-2020, 02:36 PM   #1
wdw1972
Grand Villa

Default Sue's Long BCV Getaway

I'm calling it that because it's longer than the usual 3-4 night trips, but sadly I can't hit Food & Wine each day.* It was intended to be the main Food & Wine trip...sigh.

Who/When/Where:

Who: Sue (61), DVC Member
SB (62), my husband
Chris (33), son
Amanda (31), daughter-in-law
Ari (4), grandson
Tiana (50ís), friend
Jonell (60ís), Tianaís husband
Dates: Oct 17 Ė 26, 2020
Resort: Disneyís Beach Club Villas Resort
Experience: Very Experienced Ė 51st stay at BCV

INTRODUCTION:
This is another trip that got all turned around thanks to covid. Originally friends Linda & Wiston from the Boston area were going to join us for part of the trip, but theyíre exceptionally cautious when it comes to the pandemic and decided they didnít want to be on an airplane. Itís probably just as well, since so much is different at WDW right now (not worth full price tickets in my opinion), and there may have been tension over the whole mask/sanitizing issue. Iíll wear a mask where itís required, but where itís not required it will come off my face. Linda had ordered face shields for them, so when we were eating Food & Wine outdoors theyíd have the shield for protection Ė which just seems crazy to me. I also donít believe in sanitizing stuff Ė after millions of cases of covid thereís not yet been a single case tied back to touching a surface, and I prefer to let my immune system work naturally without being destroyed by all the anti-bacterial crap and sanitizers you see out there. Linda would have come with sprays, wipes, etc and fussed (for my safety) when I didnít do the same. We have a 1-bedroom villa so weíd be able to host them in the evening, but I certainly wouldnít be wearing a mask or sanitizing in my villa. So, weíll hope for a future pandemic-free year to get together, and for Disney to be back to a more normal state in terms of whatís being offered. That may be late 2022!

We were at Tiana & Jonellís home in late July and invited them to come down for a couple days. At first it was going to be Sat/Sun and I snagged a tower studio at Riviera for them for Saturday night. Beach Club of course was sold out. Later Tiana changed jobs, and her days off are Wednesday/Thursday so I moved them into that time slot. Lindaís reservation was Tues/Wed/Thurs at Beach Club Villas so I dropped Thursday and changed the names to Tiana & Jonell. She gets off work at 4pm, so Tuesday theyíll pick up SB and drive down. Theyíll get here too late for any parks, so Iíll have food and drinks in our villa for everyone. The priorities are Food & Wine on Wednesday, then Animal Kingdom (for Flight of Passage) Thursday, then they head home.

The beginning of the trip is solo, which Iím looking forward to. To save points I have a studio for the first couple nights, then move to the 1-bedroom villa for the rest of the trip. I booked the villa a day earlier than needed, thinking this way Iíd already be settled when Linda & Wiston arrived and they would be able to drop their stuff in our villa while waiting for their studio to be ready. Now thatís not a factor, so Iíll be rattling around solo in the villa the first night. My only priorities during the solo part of the trip are relaxing by the pool and enjoying Food & Wine. I have Epcot park reservations for each day Ė no interest in going to the other parks.

Chris, Amanda & Ari come up for the weekend, arriving Friday evening. Itís always fun to spend time with them. The priorities for that leg are Food & Wine Saturday (they also have lunch at Coral Reef) and Magic Kingdom Sunday.

I booked one dining reservation Ė Beaches & Cream, since itís one of SBís favorites. I can take it or leave if Ė usually leave it. Being limited to one park per day really puts a crimp in my style, as this time of year Iíd head to a park in the morning but end the day in Epcot for Food & Wine. This trip itís not possible to do that, unfortunately. Plus, I really enjoyed the concert series but thatís not happening this year either.

I was hopeful for nice weather, but it doesnít look like Iíll get my wish. I did NOT want to be here this week, as itís still very risky in terms of the weather being too hot for my liking. However, when Linda & Wiston were coming, he wasnít able to get the week weíd agreed on, so I moved the trip up to accommodate them. Never again Ė if others canít make it when weíre planning to go, then we simply wait for another trip. This week the temps are supposed to be mid-upper 80ís each day. Next week, when I originally planned to be here, the temps are supposed to be low 80ís, possibly even upper 70ís. Darn!

Lastly, right now although weíre planning to head home Monday morning, I have jury duty that day. If by some stroke of luck when I call Friday night I learn I donít have to report, that will be wonderful news! Assuming that doesnít happen though, our choices are getting up really really really early to get home in time for me to get dressed & ready for jury duty, or leave the paid-for and not able to be canceled villa empty Sunday night and drive back Sunday. Neither scenario appeals, but weíll see what happens.

The plans so far are:
Saturday 10/17: Drive to WDW, Food & Wine
Sunday 10/18: Pool, Food & Wine
Monday 10/19: Move to 1br villa, Pool, Food & Wine
Tuesday 10/20: Pool, Food & Wine, Floyd Tiana & Jonell arrive
Wednesday 10/21: Epcot
Thursday 10/22: Animal Kingdom, Beaches & Cream lunch
Friday 10/23: Hollywood Studios, Pool
Saturday 10/24: Epcot, Pool, Food & Wine
Sunday 10/25: Magic Kingdom
Monday 10/26: Drive to Gainesville

wdw1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 03:30 PM   #2
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Love your reports.
I canít eat banana bread but I went and looked at it after your one report
Eeyorelover22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 03:42 PM   #3
wdw1972
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
Love your reports.
I canít eat banana bread but I went and looked at it after your one report
Food allergy?? Why couldn't it be something yucky like broccoli rather than banana bread?? Life's not fair sometimes ;-)

wdw1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 04:01 PM   #4
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw1972 View Post
Food allergy?? Why couldn't it be something yucky like broccoli rather than banana bread?? Life's not fair sometimes ;-)
Itís lots of stuff but Iím slowly adding foods back in.
Wheat is one that I just tried this last trip.
So I plan my attack and when we stay at RR in June Iím planning on having some!

It looked amazing!
Eeyorelover22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 08:49 PM   #5
Disney Spaz
One Bedroom

Following along. I can wait to hear more.

We have, on two occasions, modified out trips for others. Both times it bit us in the butt so we no longer do it either. No disrespect to our friends but it is easier sometimes just to try again at a different time.
Disney Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 09:06 PM   #6
babysimba
Two Bedroom

Following along. Just love your TR's!
babysimba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 06:31 AM   #7
ajc
Grand Villa

Following as we are at CCV Oct 17-20 then BWV Oct 20-25.
I am happy for the warm Florida weather as it just dropped to 36 degrees in northern Virginia last night. Brrrr!
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 10:00 AM   #8
Raspus
Two Bedroom

Always enjoy your trip reports. We will be across the lake at BWV next week. Have a good time.
Old 10-17-2020, 10:03 AM   #9
Raspus
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
Following as we are at CCV Oct 17-20 then BWV Oct 20-25.
I am happy for the warm Florida weather as it just dropped to 36 degrees in northern Virginia last night. Brrrr!
We be at the BWV on Monday. Also looking forward to some warmer weather as it dropped into the 30ís last night. See you at the food and wine.
Old 10-17-2020, 01:11 PM   #10
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

following