home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-10-2020, 08:01 AM   #1
ccsmith312
Two Bedroom

Default Annual Pass renewed after cancellation

Visited guest services at Epcot yesterday to see if we can upgrade our tickets to DVC gold AP's. We had cancelled our APs early during Covid and then decided to make an October trip. At the time we had to buy tickets for this trip, since Disney was no longer selling APs. I had read online that Disney was renewing APs now, so went to guest services to see what they could do. They were able to renew our AP's and apply the cost of the tickets we had already bought for this trip. We received the renewal rate and our expiration dates are one year from this trip's dates. Just wanted to post in case anyone else is in the same situation and wondering if Disney will do this. I've heard of long wait times on the Passholder phone line, so it was much easier to do in the parks. We were in and out in about 15 min total. Happy to have my pass back!
Old 10-10-2020, 08:20 AM   #2
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

I am very happy that they did this for you. I hope others can benefit from your post. Thank you for posting.

But, the inconsistent practices of Disney drive me absolutely insane.

Too long of a saga to go into all of it, but I would have loved to get a renewal price after the cancellation of our APs, but I was denied. They even changed the rules mid stream on me too when they gave the extra month for AP holders. I had to buy new passes. And, I still do not have our refunds either. I don't think I have the energy to follow up on this. Getting our refund on our hoppers was daunting and actually that was relatively easy in terms of Disney headaches.

I might try when we are there. DH and I arrive a few days ahead of our kids.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 08:59 AM   #3
Raspus
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccsmith312 View Post
Visited guest services at Epcot yesterday to see if we can upgrade our tickets to DVC gold AP's. We had cancelled our APs early during Covid and then decided to make an October trip. At the time we had to buy tickets for this trip, since Disney was no longer selling APs. I had read online that Disney was renewing APs now, so went to guest services to see what they could do. They were able to renew our AP's and apply the cost of the tickets we had already bought for this trip. We received the renewal rate and our expiration dates are one year from this trip's dates. Just wanted to post in case anyone else is in the same situation and wondering if Disney will do this. I've heard of long wait times on the Passholder phone line, so it was much easier to do in the parks. We were in and out in about 15 min total. Happy to have my pass back!
Nice that Guest services did this for you. Pretty nice deal. Enjoy your trip.
Old 10-10-2020, 09:33 AM   #4
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa

Quote:
Thank you very much for posting! I'll give it a shot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
I am very happy that they did this for you. I hope others can benefit from your post. Thank you for posting.

But, the inconsistent practices of Disney drive me absolutely insane.

Too long of a saga to go into all of it, but I would have loved to get a renewal price after the cancellation of our APs, but I was denied. They even changed the rules mid stream on me too when they gave the extra month for AP holders. I had to buy new passes. And, I still do not have our refunds either. I don't think I have the energy to follow up on this. Getting our refund on our hoppers was daunting and actually that was relatively easy in terms of Disney headaches.

I might try when we are there. DH and I arrive a few days ahead of our kids.
Great feedback. I have found the local CMs seem to be able to do more than the phone CMs. In general, I get a lot more "No" from call-ins verses in-person. We will wait for our trip and chat locally.
March 2021 - Old Key West
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 10:34 AM   #5
brewsard2
One Bedroom

That is encouraging!

I have been in a quandary regarding our January trip. Do I get on the phone to get new Gold AP's now, or just buy park tickets from Mousesavers or another source and try and upgrade once we get to the WDW in January? I just don't know what Disney will do between now and then.
brewsard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 02:11 PM   #6
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ealvarado8899 View Post
Great feedback. I have found the local CMs seem to be able to do more than the phone CMs. In general, I get a lot more "No" from call-ins verses in-person. We will wait for our trip and chat locally.
I find myself in a lie. I called.

Interesting chatty CM.

First, I called and they took my name and number and a list of people to be reviewed. They said they would contact me after the review. Seems the review process is more complicated or regular CMs don't have access to the information required.

Second, he mentioned that this was never intended to be a thing. It was more of a - if someone asks, go ahead and let them know we will review. They explicitly said they would not advertise their position. Then, of course, someone asks, blogs, and boom. Sounds like they were somewhat unprepared so they threw together a quick review process to try and deal with the requests.

Now I wait.
March 2021 - Old Key West
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 03:17 PM   #7
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Quote:
We’re you assisted by Guest Services inside or outside the gate at Epcot? Just wondering if I have to first use my ticket before I go for the upgrade to AP.
Old 10-10-2020, 03:37 PM   #8
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
We’re you assisted by Guest Services inside or outside the gate at Epcot? Just wondering if I have to first use my ticket before I go for the upgrade to AP.
Interested also in this answer. I was told to check before used our tickets.
Old 10-10-2020, 05:12 PM   #9
starry_solo
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewsard2 View Post
That is encouraging!

I have been in a quandary regarding our January trip. Do I get on the phone to get new Gold AP's now, or just buy park tickets from Mousesavers or another source and try and upgrade once we get to the WDW in January? I just don't know what Disney will do between now and then.
Did you have an AP that you canceled during COVID?
starry_solo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 07:04 PM   #10
N C State Tigger
Studio

Quote:
Did they charge you the renewal rate?
N C State Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote