home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-24-2020, 11:57 AM   #1
Maddismom
One Bedroom

Default NFL Games - Where to watch

We'll be at DW for Thanksgiving again this year (knowing it will be vastly different than our prior annl Nov trips).

It just so happens that the Ravens will be playing on Sunday Nov. 22 and my hubby MUST see the game! (they are also playing Thanksgiving eve but that will be on national TV.)

Does anyone know if Geyser Point Grill has the NFL ticket and shows all games?
That would be our pick to watch the Sunday game but I can't find anywhere if they show all games? Welcome to any other suggestions with the exception of ESPN Zone (been there many times) so looking for something different...

Thanks!
Maddismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 01:08 PM   #2
E2ME2
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddismom View Post
We'll be at DW for Thanksgiving again this year (knowing it will be vastly different than our prior annl Nov trips).

It just so happens that the Ravens will be playing on Sunday Nov. 22 and my hubby MUST see the game! (they are also playing Thanksgiving eve but that will be on national TV.)

Does anyone know if Geyser Point Grill has the NFL ticket and shows all games?
That would be our pick to watch the Sunday game but I can't find anywhere if they show all games? Welcome to any other suggestions with the exception of ESPN Zone (been there many times) so looking for something different...

Thanks!
Well - I was going to offer ESPN Zone, until I got to the end of your post !
It's not a bad venue: We have great memories of watching the Ravens beat the Patriots there, on their way to winning SB XLVII !
It was a great time. My wife didn't want to go; she doesn't like "Pubs" or "Sports Bars", but we convinced here it was DISNEY, so it would be fine. Wouldn't you know; a fight broke out, and 2 people crashed over a table, 2 tables behind us. It was a male Patriots fan, and a female Ravens fan. (& looked like the Ravens Gal was winning) !
We won't forget that one.
I had their California Burger, and it was very good!

Let me know if you find another venue, as we are always in Disney during Playoff season!
Old 09-24-2020, 01:41 PM   #3
Maddismom
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by E2ME2 View Post
Well - I was going to offer ESPN Zone, until I got to the end of your post !
It's not a bad venue: We have great memories of watching the Ravens beat the Patriots there, on their way to winning SB XLVII !
It was a great time. My wife didn't want to go; she doesn't like "Pubs" or "Sports Bars", but we convinced here it was DISNEY, so it would be fine. Wouldn't you know; a fight broke out, and 2 people crashed over a table, 2 tables behind us. It was a male Patriots fan, and a female Ravens fan. (& looked like the Ravens Gal was winning) !
We won't forget that one.
I had their California Burger, and it was very good!

Let me know if you find another venue, as we are always in Disney during Playoff season!
Wow - that sounds like an exciting time with the non-game action!
Gotta watch out for those Patriot's fans...almost as bad as the Steelers fans! I'm hoping the Geyser Point Grill has the NFL ticket as that is a nice spot with good food too!
Maddismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 01:54 PM   #4
brp
Add-on Aficionado

I'm a Jets fan. I have no need to watch football when on vacation, or at home, or watching paint dry...or for any reason

Actually, I'd likely not take vacation time for this even if I had a reputable team. I can check the scores later.

Cheers.
Old 09-24-2020, 02:37 PM   #5
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Our home team (Houston Texans) isnít any good...ever...so I donít even watch them anymore. We used to have season tickets but didnít want to keep spending money to watch our team loose to any team that was actually good. :/

In reply to your post, ESPN has always been where we watched sporting events. I see you have been there many times though. Maybe try one of the hotel bars or somewhere in Disney Springs?
Old 09-24-2020, 02:56 PM   #6
E2ME2
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
I'm a Jets fan. I have no need to watch football when on vacation, or at home, or watching paint dry...or for any reason

Actually, I'd likely not take vacation time for this even if I had a reputable team. I can check the scores later.

Cheers.
Vacation Time? - what's that ??
I used my last ever vacation hours back in January - at SSR with the family.
I'm holding on to my leave until the end of this year, and cashing it in to retire on 12/31/2020. So no more "vacation" for me
Beginning 1/1/2021, there will be 1 Sunday, followed by 6 Saturdays, every week
Old 09-24-2020, 03:03 PM   #7
capeokw56
Grand Villa

One of the CMs at Bell Services at OKW is a big Patriots fan, as am I. He told me that when CMs want to see a game they go upstairs at Splitsville.
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 03:06 PM   #8
capeokw56
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by E2ME2 View Post
Vacation Time? - what's that ??
I used my last ever vacation hours back in January - at SSR with the family.
I'm holding on to my leave until the end of this year, and cashing it in to retire on 12/31/2020. So no more "vacation" for me
Beginning 1/1/2021, there will be 1 Sunday, followed by 6 Saturdays, every week
Congrats on your pending retirement! After I retired I told my brother that DW and I were going on vacation to WDW. He asked how is that possible? You're on vacation every day! Hope you enjoy your retirement as much as I am mine.
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 03:12 PM   #9
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

First.....Go Ravens!!!

Geyser Point might have the game on, but local games will override ad TVs are limited.

My choices to watch the game while in WDW is.....

• The Wave (Contemporary Resort)
  • Rix Sports Bar (Coronado Springs)
  • Buffalo Wild Wings (outside of Disney Springs)
On Property, Rix has become my new favorite place to watch games. For a cheaper option, we head to Buffalo Wild Wings. Even with using Uber, its cheaper then spending 3-4 hours at any Disney Bar.
Old 09-24-2020, 03:13 PM   #10
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
Congrats on your pending retirement! After I retired I told my brother that DW and I were going on vacation to WDW. He asked how is that possible? You're on vacation every day! Hope you enjoy your retirement as much as I am mine.